Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

This pops up every time I try to build+reload ExampleMod...?

7d2b2b638531f40e199f3648c51fbe16.png

I was having trouble with the mod browser for now... I'm not sure what is going on but since I updated 0.8, I cannot download mods from it. When I clicked the Download bottom and it did start to download, but when it finished (actually failed I think), the game cannot read the mod.
Went to the mods folder and thenI found that the mod files are in fact all sized 0 KB. Obviously there should be some bad connections in this case I think.
I tried so many times but the results remain the same - failed.So I would like to know if there is any backup solution for me to download those mods. 'cause some of them are for tutorial and example usage, which have good value for me.
Or if there isn't any backup solution or direct links... let me ask if there is anyone willing to help me download all those mods and send them to me through the internet? If there is... please help me and I'd leave a big thx here anyways!
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/direct-link-for-tmodloader-mod-browser-mods.41505/
[doublepost=1460830225,1460830109][/doublepost]
I'm making a gun with a reload mechanic. To indicate amount of ammo left in clip, I want to draw a number of shells under the cursor. Code below compiles and game works, but the sprites do not render. Both position and number of sprites to draw are coded correctly (commented out dust was used to check that), both path and sprite name are correct. This code is from ModItem derivative class. What am I missing here?

Code:
public override void PostDrawInInventory(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 position, Rectangle frame, Color drawColor, Color itemColor, Vector2 origin, float scale)
{
     if(currentAmmo > 0 )
     {
                for(int i=0; i<currentAmmo; i++)
                {
                    float drawX = Main.screenPosition.X + Main.mouseX + 8f*i - 8f*currentAmmo/2;
                    float drawY = Main.screenPosition.Y + Main.mouseY + 20f;
                    spriteBatch.Draw(mod.GetTexture("UI/AmmoShotgun"), new Vector2(drawX,drawY), null, drawColor, 0f, Vector2.Zero, 1f, SpriteEffects.None, 0f);
                    //Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(drawX,drawY), 10, 10, 6);
                }
       }
}
Try removing the screen position parts

...What?

This is what's referenced in the error:

"public class ExamplePlayer : ModPlayer"

I don't see anywhere that I can put "Terraria.ModLoader;"...

At the top of your code, have you any lines starting with using? If not, you probably want to add these lines (before the namespace declaration).
Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using Terraria.ID;

Probably don't need all of them but it saves confusion if you end doing so anyway.

At the top of your code, have you any lines starting with using? If not, you probably want to add these lines (before the namespace declaration).
Code:
using System;

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

Probably don't need all of them but it saves confusion if you end doing so anyway.
Yes it does, actually.

"using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.DataStructures;
using Terraria.ID;
using ExampleMod.NPCs.PuritySpirit;"
[doublepost=1460832394,1460832155][/doublepost]And to top it all off, if I can't use the ExamplePlayer.cs without an error, I can't use any pet-summoning item, since the buff itself relies on the ExamplePlayer.cs, and in turn, resulting in an error, and whenever I try to fix it, error upon error shows up.

Yes it does, actually.

"using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.DataStructures;
using Terraria.ID;
using ExampleMod.NPCs.PuritySpirit;"
[doublepost=1460832394,1460832155][/doublepost]And to top it all off, if I can't use the ExamplePlayer.cs without an error, I can't use any pet-summoning item, since the buff itself relies on the ExamplePlayer.cs, and in turn, resulting in an error, and whenever I try to fix it, error upon error shows up.
What version are you on and did you follow the install directions completely?

I'm on v0.8 and I didn't see any instructions anywhere...
[doublepost=1460832886,1460832862][/doublepost]

Wait, version for the ExampleMod or for tModLoader?
For tModLoader. The most likely cause of this error is that not all necessary files were copied to Terraria's Steam folder. For some reason people like to just ignore TerrariaMac.exe. I'm not entirely sure if that's what's happening though, if everything except ExamplePlayer is working.

For tModLoader. The most likely cause of this error is that not all necessary files were copied to Terraria's Steam folder. For some reason people like to just ignore TerrariaMac.exe. I'm not entirely sure if that's what's happening though, if everything except ExamplePlayer is working.

That might explain it, actually; haven't updated tModLoader in a while...

Could someone help, please?
SetDefaults: Main.projFrames[projectile.type] = 4;
AI: Non-cycling

projectile.frameCounter++;
if (projectile.frameCounter == 10)
{
projectile.frame = 1;
}
if (projectile.frameCounter == 20)
{
projectile.frame = 2;
}
if (projectile.frameCounter == 30)
{
projectile.frame = 3;
}

AI: Cycling:
projectile.frameCounter++;
if (projectile.frameCounter == 10)
{
projectile.frame = (projectile.frame + 1) % Main.projFrames[projectile.type];
projectile.frameCounter = 0;
}

Image: frames stacked horizontally on top of each other

b012d593f170308fc74c01cdd6403dbf.png

I cant find any issues, I tried all 3 Terraria folders I had, the broken one, the one in "My games", and the one in steamapps.
The auto installation goes to the wrong folder and I can't find a way to redirect its path.

b012d593f170308fc74c01cdd6403dbf.png

I cant find any issues, I tried all 3 Terraria folders I had, the broken one, the one in "My games", and the one in steamapps.
The auto installation goes to the wrong folder and I can't find a way to redirect its path.
It says that you haven't actuator's image in your game content folder.

Back
Top Bottom