Weapons & Equip 1.3 weapons too op ?

Shall this happen ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexterdude

Eye of Cthulhu
Dear Re-Logic, I think you should weaken a bit some of the 1.3 weapons (like The Terrarian) cause they are too good and they make pvp like 2 seconds long.
Anyways the decision is yours, but I ask the people reading this if they agree too.
For the balance of pvp.

(Edited)
(The title has changed)
(Wow, 2020 me here, I regret making this, changed my mind about not locking it. )

Last edited:
Dear Re-Logic, i think you really should nerf some new 1.3 weapons cause they are too good and they make pvp like 2 seconds long !For example the terrarian kills a fully armored player very fast !! You should improve a bit the tier of weapons that is lower than the terra blade, like the flower of frost ,the megashark, the magic dagger,the frost staff AND THE NORTH POLE(I love spears)...
Anyways the decision is yours, but i ask the people reading this if they agree too .
For the balance of pvp !
By GoldenArrow

PVP is not ever a good way to balance items, especially when multiplayer is a side feature, not an actual feature per se'. So, I would say no. PVP is too unbalanced anyways, and it would be a waste of time on a mostly singleplayer oriented game.

As mentioned by King, PVP is a poor way to balance the Terraria weapons. The majority of players game either on single player or if someone is playing with someone else, it's generally a cooperative effort.

Many people have established a fairly good PVP system by making tiers of weapons and armor anyway, it can be self regulated. The developers don't need to go about screwing with weapons that don't need fixing.

Last edited:
I say, isn't the community a way to find people to play with ? Aren't there people that play in servers with no commands (In my opinion they are great, ps3 style oh yeah !) ? Wouldn't you like seeing a weapon you like that is not that great , like a golden shower (just an example) being a useful weapon in pvp ? And seriously , don't you play a lot of multiplayer ? These are the main reasons i made this thread , so pvp can be a bit more balanced ! There are so many weapons in the game but the ones used in pvp are like 10 .

Last edited:
I say, isn't the community a way to find people to play with ?
Yes, your point?
Aren't there people that play in servers with no commands (In my opinion they are great, ps3 style oh yeah !) ?
Probably... but what's your point?
Wouldn't you like seeing a weapon you like that is not that great , like a golden shower being a usefull weapon?
Not really. Why should the Golden Shower matter? And as I said, there's tiers of weapons. If you want a fun PVP fight, you can easily just look at the weapons and armor in a specific tier and use those.
And seriously , don't you play a lot of multiplayer ?
That's entirely aside the fact. Multiplayer can be coop or pvp, the majority ends up on the former anyway.

I play tons of multiplayer. Almost every day. Except for one problem. We don't do PVP, we always play cooperative. Why? It's because we all know PVP won't be balanced and it's not very fun to us. Especially when you can kill players with other means, like trolling with traps or lava. Besides, multiplayer was never meant to be balanced. So, PVP balancing would not only ruin weapons on bosses and enemies, but would mess with the vast majority of people who DO NOT play multiplayer.

BTW the Gamepedia Terraria Wiki has a large section dedicated to PVP. It has some class loadout suggestions and if you get everyone involved in your PVP group to abide by these rules, PVP will be far more enjoyable as it's a bit more balanced than if everyone chooses random crap to use.

BTW the Gamepedia Terraria Wiki has a large section dedicated to PVP. It has some class loadout suggestions and if you get everyone involved in your PVP group to abide by these rules, PVP will be far more enjoyable as it's a bit more balanced than if everyone chooses random crap to use.

For example... star wrath.

My point is that when i started playing terraria i was like so many weapons to choose ! Then with each update there were new weapons that were just better and made the other weapons useless and now the 1.3 adding all these op stuff ! I thought there was no best weapon ! Now everyone kills you with a terrarian , an sdmg , a meowmere, a starwrath , a paladin's hammer and sometimes the phantasm (THAT GOT NERFED!)...
And about the golden shower that was an example , it was a weapon i liked , it was good when it first came out and now it is almost useless (ok i know that it never was that good)!
[DOUBLEPOST=1445980630,1445980544][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some of the weapons might need balancing, but they can't be balanced around PvP.
Please note when i say balancing i mean small changes like giving 1-5 more damage to the lower tier of weapons not 20 ! The op weapons must be lowered with more than 5 damage (the damn terrarian!)...

Last edited:
1-5 damage not 20!...
You're still gonna get this
they make pvp like 2 seconds long !
with anything post-Plantera, nearly.

The only way PvP can really make it into Terraria is to have a separate PvP and PvE damage/stats. Even then, you can't challenge someone with a chain gun using a musket. If you're really up for it, make up a completely new table for the stats of all the weapons, armors and accessories catered to PvP. Ignore the current stats completely.

If you can do that, I'll bloody well give you a salute, and hope Re-Logic takes it into consideration. Otherwise, it's just too much work for what is meant to be a side addition to the game.

My point is that when i started playing terraria i was like so many weapons to choose ! Then with each update there were new weapons that were just better and made the other weapons useless and now the 1.3 adding all these op stuff ! I thought there was no best weapon !Now everyone kills you with a terrarian, an sdmg,a meomere, a starwrath, a paladin's hammer and sometimes the phantasm (THAT GOT NERFED!)...
And about the golden shower that was an example , it was a weapon i liked , it was good when it first came out and now it is almost useless (ok i know that it never was that good)!
[DOUBLEPOST=1445980630,1445980544][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please note when i say balancing i mean small changes like 1-5 damage not 20!...

You don't have to use endgame weapons... some weapons are just naturally better than others. Such is the way of a progression based sandbox game. Do you still use a copper sword? No, because you have gotten past early game and got some weapon that was better in some way, whether it be increased damage, little mana usage, or greater fire or swing speed. The point is, PVP can't be balanced around players as they only have 500hp. Try balancing weapons around that. The max a weapon will do is around 100 damage, which will not even be enough to beat some bosses. Not even going to mention DPS.

You don't have to use endgame weapons... some weapons are just naturally better than others. Such is the way of a progression based sandbox game. Do you still use a copper sword? No, because you have gotten past early game and got some weapon that was better in some way, whether it be increased damage, little mana usage, or greater fire or swing speed. The point is, PVP can't be balanced around players as they only have 500hp. Try balancing weapons around that. The max a weapon will do is around 100 damage, which will not even be enough to beat some bosses. Not even going to mention DPS.
The endgame stuff are the problem...for me... look how unused the terra blade became !

The endgame stuff are the problem...for me... look how unused the terra blade became !

Un-used? Pfft, I still love the weapon and use it all the time. It's terra beams are useful for crowd control and work well in closed spaces where the star wrath does not. The meowmere's projectiles have physics, which also bug me. I also still use older weapons, like for example one of my favorites, excalibur + hallowed armor. A fun build for something like golem or even the pillars, where it will be very challenging to actually defeat them. You just have to choose what weapons you want to use for what situations.

Un-used? Pfft, I still love the weapon and use it all the time. It's terra beams are useful for crowd control and work well in closed spaces where the star wrath does not. The meowmere's projectiles have physics, which also bug me. I also still use older weapons, like for example one of my favorites, excalibur + hallowed armor. A fun build for something like golem or even the pillars, where it will be very challenging to actually defeat them. You just have to choose what weapons you want to use for what situations.
I just don't like how strong the new weapons are ...But you gave me an idea ..........Pre hardmode pvp!
Only pre hardmode stuff allowed and maximum 400 health ! The health can be 500 , whatever the players prefer.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445982002,1445981666][/DOUBLEPOST]Buuuuuuuut i only have a PS3:( .PS3 version is 1.2.3 till now ...No terrarian (yet):happy:

You're still gonna get this

with anything post-Plantera, nearly.

The only way PvP can really make it into Terraria is to have a separate PvP and PvE damage/stats. Even then, you can't challenge someone with a chain gun using a musket. If you're really up for it, make up a completely new table for the stats of all the weapons, armors and accessories catered to PvP. Ignore the current stats completely.

If you can do that, I'll bloody well give you a salute, and hope Re-Logic takes it into consideration. Otherwise, it's just too much work for what is meant to be a side addition to the game.
I just complained about how fast people kill you with the new weapons and that there is much more chaos than before!
I personally use different characters about PvP and PvE.

Last edited:
Terraria was not built to be a PvP game, never was, never will, and I'm not sure why they haven't just removed that option. Sure, ten months from now a lot of those complaining about PvP's unbalance will get used to it and, come 1.4, complain about how unbalanced new weapons are when compared to the "good balance" 1.3 had.

Also, I think server owners do have the option to kick out people using weapons they don't like? Make your own server, don't let anyone use "OP" weaponry, problem solved.

"But Kyouko, the developers must comply to the minimal fraction of the player base that's still stuck thinking PvP is of any consequence whatsoever!" No, they mustn't. Specially when balancing to please a dismissible few will :red: up those weapons for those playing solo/coop.

Terraria was not built to be a PvP game, never was, never will, and I'm not sure why they haven't just removed that option. Sure, ten months from now a lot of those complaining about PvP's unbalance will get used to it and, come 1.4, complain about how unbalanced new weapons are when compared to the "good balance" 1.3 had.

Also, I think server owners do have the option to kick out people using weapons they don't like? Make your own server, don't let anyone use "OP" weaponry, problem solved.

"But Kyouko, the developers must comply to the minimal fraction of the player base that's still stuck thinking PvP is of any consequence whatsoever!" No, they mustn't. Specially when balancing to please a dismissible few will :red: up those weapons for those playing solo/coop.
That disapointed me and there are many reasons i can't make a server .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom