Console Are Ocram weapons too weak ?

Shall they take small improvements ?

• Total voters

Dexterdude

Eye of Cthulhu
OCRAM WEAPONS NEED IMPROVEMENTS

Well by saying ocram weapons I mean the weapons you make from Ocram's drops (tizona , tonbogiri and vulcan repeater ), they are not that useful (maybe the repeater is useful). Should they take small improvements ? Ocram is expensive to summon and remember Ocram is a hardmode boss , I think the rewards for beating Ocram should be a bit more useful , they sure are expensive to make , you need to have beaten at least one mechanical boss to get hallowed bars in order to craft the hallowed weapons , mine 15 adamantite BARS and beat Ocram to get souls of blight (whose summoner also requires tons of stuff to craft !), on a mythril/orichalcum anvil , this to only craft ONE of the three weapons !! (The armors are fine , this is just for the weapons.)... You say Ocram is pointless ? Then why in the console game description they wrote : "and an exclusive boss !"? This thread is for console AND mobile terraria but I had to pick only one .

These could be the changes :

• The Tonbogiri should get from 53 damage to 59 .
  • The Vulcan repeater should get from 56 to 58 damage and it should go from 17 use time to 16 .
  • The Tizona should get from 56 to 64 damage , the use time of tizona should get from 26 (average) to 22 (fast) , the knockback should get from 4 to 4,5 , it should allow you to turn while the tizona swings , does the tizona autoswing ? If not it should (yeah i expect a lot from tizona) .

Tell me if you like these suggestions . (If any of the info I wrote is wrong , it is what i found from the official terraria wiki .) I think that when 1.3 gets to console and mobile , something like this should happen , because for example excalibur has clearly better stats in 1.3 than tizona !!

(Let's compare the stats excalibur has in 1.3 with the current stats of tizona :
Excalibur :
  • Damage : 57
  • Use time : 24
  • Knockback : 4,5
Tizona :
  • Damage : 56
  • Use time : 26
  • Knockback 4
So I guess you understand why at least tizona needs AT LEAST a small improvement . )

Personally I think more things about Ocram should change but this is not the place for that ...
I am not asking for very big improvements , just something like the ones above .

Last edited:
I haven't played the console version but I agree. Tizona is useless, the spear too (even if it's stronger than Gungnir and the knockback is very high). They should get a slight buff.

Ocram is a completely pointless boss IMO. It was a perfect final boss before 1.2 came out, but now that there's Plantera and Golem (and possibly soon to be the Lunar Event), Ocram was kinda pushed to the side... For its tier, Ocram's weapons are probably pretty balanced, but let me ask this: who even fights Ocram anymore except for a little challenge?

Ocram is a completely pointless boss IMO. It was a perfect final boss before 1.2 came out, but now that there's Plantera and Golem (and possibly soon to be the Lunar Event), Ocram was kinda pushed to the side... For its tier, Ocram's weapons are probably pretty balanced, but let me ask this: who even fights Ocram anymore except for a little challenge?
Yeah but I have a true night's edge and I haven't even fought ocram yet ! Shouldn't the reward be better ?
And what is IMO ?

Last edited:
Ocram isn't supposed to represent Top Tier anymore as he did before, so I do not believe his weapons are weak at the point of where you get them. He is also side progression, meaning you don't have to fight him. Perhaps the gear is bit grindy, but not Tier weak.

You can make a similar comparison to Duke Fishron when you have Celestial Armor sets and Weapons. Duke isn't mandatory to fight, but when you have those armor sets he becomes far too easy because you have over-tiered him. But due to that you can't say he is too weak because you did not fight him with the gear he was intended to be fought with to gain better gear.

So all in all, he's not weak by any standards with Adamantite < Hallowed armor, but he is a pushover with Turtle and above.

Ocram isn't supposed to represent Top Tier anymore as he did before, so I do not believe his weapons are weak at the point of where you get them. He is also side progression, meaning you don't have to fight him. Perhaps the gear is bit grindy, but not Tier weak.

You can make a similar comparison to Duke Fishron when you have Celestial Armor sets and Weapons. Duke isn't mandatory to fight, but when you have those armor sets he becomes far too easy because you have over-tiered him. But due to that you can't say he is too weak because you did not fight him with the gear he was intended to be fought with to gain better gear.

So all in all, he's not weak by any standards with Adamantite < Hallowed armor, but he is a pushover with Turtle and above.
What you said is right but right now in the pc version excalibur is stronger than tizona ! It is not even worth of using your excalibur to craft a tizona. It is better to wait untill you get a broken hero sword to make the true excalibur .That is my point .(I know tizona is not in the pc version I am just saying that when console gets to 1.3 IT WILL REALLY HAVE TO get an improvement !)

Last edited:
Yeah but i have a true night's edge and i haven't even fought ocram yet ! Shouldn't the reward be better ?
And what is IMO ?
IMO means In My Opinion. Internet slang, sorry

And that you have a true night's edge before ocram doesn't really mean much. It's POSSIBLE to get a TNE before you can fight ocram, but it's also possible to fight ocram way before getting the sword. Just like it's POSSIBLE to get a Terra Blade before you even fight skeletron, because just like Ocram, Skeletron and the Dungeon are not necessary to progress through the game.

ikr I just spawn the twins,the destroyer,skeletron prime ,and ocram at the same time and still win its really hard though doing it solo

IMO means In My Opinion. Internet slang, sorry

And that you have a true night's edge before ocram doesn't really mean much. It's POSSIBLE to get a TNE before you can fight ocram, but it's also possible to fight ocram way before getting the sword. Just like it's POSSIBLE to get a Terra Blade before you even fight skeletron, because just like Ocram, Skeletron and the Dungeon are not necessary to progress through the game.
In PC version killing skeletron is needed since the old man won' t make spawn the cultists.Well as i see the console weapons are pretty weak.

Just like it's POSSIBLE to get a Terra Blade before you even fight skeletron

Actually, no it is not.
You need a muramasa for the night's edge, which is require for the Terra Blade.

Sorry, just a nitpick.

On topic: Meh. The weapons were cool in 1.1, but now I couldn't care less.

Actually, no it is not.
You need a muramasa for the night's edge, which is require for the Terra Blade.

Sorry, just a nitpick.

On topic: Meh. The weapons were cool in 1.1, but now I couldn't care less.
These weapons are one of the reasons that i bought terraria for the ps3 . I am just saying they should be better.

These weapons are one of the reasons that i bought terraria for the ps3 . I am just saying they should be better.
Ocram's not that difficult.
Considering the Terra Blade is the same tier as it, I don't think it's even worth buffing.
It was a cool weapon in 1.1, but now it seems a bit plain. Inflicting bleeding is worthless.

Ocram's not that difficult.
Considering the Terra Blade is the same tier as it, I don't think it's even worth buffing.
It was a cool weapon in 1.1, but now it seems a bit plain. Inflicting bleeding is worthless.
I just at least want tizona to be clearly better than excalibur making it useful if you can't get a broken hero sword.

Last edited:
Look at that , look what it needs to be crafted and its power http://terraria.wiki.gg/Tizona . Compare these with excalibur : http://terraria.wiki.gg/Excalibur
Hm?
Excalibur : 47
Tizona : 56

Gungnir: 42
Tonbogiri: 53

Hallowed Repeater: 39
Vulcan: 56
It's better than Hallowed. Unless you're trying to compare them with something else? Or are you looking at the PC stats?

This thread is for console and mobile terraria but i had to pick only one .
And you could stop double post and bumping now. 'Edit' button is made for a reason.

Hm?
Excalibur : 47
Tizona : 56

Gungnir: 42
Tonbogiri: 53

Hallowed Repeater: 39
Vulcan: 56
It's better than Hallowed. Unless you're trying to compare them with something else? Or are you looking at the PC stats?

And you could stop double post and bumping now. 'Edit' button is made for a reason.
Sorry about the double post (I will delete and edit) and indeed I was looking at the pc stats . If the hallowed weapons get improvements then ocram weapons must get one as well . Also they are supposed to be better since they need hallowed weapons to be crafted, am I right ?

Last edited:
well I agree that ocram weapons are weak.. I have the tizona on xbox along with others and some other weapons I have due up to 80 or higher damage but good enogh to last you long enough from unwanted events like blood moon,solar eclipse, etc but id say there are not too weak like a broken copper shortsword :p

Back
Top Bottom