1.4.4 Discovery/Content Discussion Thread

Mihn

Empress of Light
For those who values a pure, blind experience, click away now. This thread is intended for discovery of the new contents in 1.4.4 that isn't mentioned in the change log.
I will edit this thread periodically. Spoiler names will be kept vague.

Find the full change log here.

4th Liquid: Shimmer
- Bottomless Shimmer Bucket is crafted with a Bottomless Water Bucket
- Change submerged critters to Faelings, which can be put into a bottle for decoration
- Downgrade submerged ores
- Change submerged Clentaminator to Terraformer.
- Change submerged Rod of Discord to Rod of Harmony, basically RoD without the debuff.
- Change submerged Whoopie Cushion into Gas Trap. Unknown use.
- Change submerged Angel Statue to Aether Monolith. Change background like other Monoliths.
- Change submerged Bottomless Water Bucket to Bottomless Shimmer Bucket.
- Change submerged Life Crystal, Mana Crystal, Life Fruit, Pink Pearl into Vital Crystal, Arcane Crystal, Aegis Fruit, Galaxy Pearl. Gives permanent buffs.
- Change submerged Wooden Arrow to Shimmering Arrow. "falls upward".
- Change submerged Enchanted Sundial to Enchanted Moondial.
- Change submerged Luminite Brick to Luminite Rust Brick.
- Change submerged crafted items into the components.
- Change the appearance of submerged NPCs. Does not change dialogue so far.
- Causes the player to move through the bottom blocks once submerged.
- Contact with other liquids creates Aetherium Block, which can be crafted into Aetherium Bricks. No associated furniture set.
- Might be related to the Chlorophyte Extrator

Ocram's Razor
- Only usable in the Zenith Seed. Input 'getfixedboi' into the seed field when creating a new world. You know it's sucessful when while the world is generating weird things are happening.
- Has the tooltip "It has no effect in this world" when not used in the seed. Has no effect.
- Crafted at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil. Recipe requires 1 Mechanical Eye, 1 Mechanical Worm, 1 Mechanical Skull.
- Summons the boss 'Mechdusa' which is all 3 mech boss attached to 1 and buffed.
- Drops a new weapon called Waffle's Iron along with regular mech boss drops from all 3 (Treasure Bags, Relics,...).
- Unknown if there are any other unique drops, I checked on Journey with the highest difficulty slider option.

Axe of Regrowth
- Crafted at a Work Bench.
- Recipe: 1x Staff of Regrowth, 1x Copper or Tin Axe, 12x Jungle Spores, 3x Vines
- Has Staff of Regrowth's effect + Plant Acorns when cutting down trees.

Hive-Five
- Bee Yoyo. Crafted at an Anvil.
- Recipe: 14x Bee Wax
- "Summon killer bees after striking your foes"

Echo Coating
- Bought from Painter at a Graveyard
- Turn objects invisible without Echo Sight
- Can be combined with Paints

Rubblemaker
- Sold from Goblin TInkerer.
- Seems to create those breakable background objects found randomly underground.

Shellphone
- Cellphone + the two Conches. Do exactly what you think it does.
- Right-click on PC to change destination.

Brown/White/Yellow Solutions
- Bought from Steampunker
- Spread Forest/Snow/Desert

Kwad Racer Drone & FPV Goggles
- Bought from Cyborg
- Some side drone racing thing

All have unknown other conditions unless specified.
- "My Son" sold by Truffle
- "r/Terraria" from Clothier
- "The Werewolf" from Zoologist
- "Princess Style", "Suspiciously Sparkly", "Terra Blade Chronicles", "Royal Romance" from Princess

- Pocket Mirror can be combined with Blindfold for a new item. This also means the Ankh Shield now blocks Stoned from Medusa.
- Throwing a stack of Guide Voodoo Doll will kill all the NPCs. Tested at 9999 Dolls.

Last edited:
The bread item that was teased a while ago is called "Artisan Loaf", it permanently increases your crafting range and is sold by the Skeleton Merchant, speaking of, the Skeleton Merchant also appears to now be selling random surface chest items, saw him once with the Wand of Sparking and another time with the Stepping Stool.

- Elder slime appears randomly underground in a bouncing wooden chest and has to be freed with a golden key.
- Surly slime can be fished up during a blood moon.
- Cool slime moves into your town while a party is active
- Clumsy slime can appear flying around strapped to a balloon in the space layer, the weather doesn't have to be windy
- Diva slime is unlocked by throwing (not dropping) a sparkle slime baloon into shimmer
- Mystic slime is unlocked by using purification powder on a mystic frog in the jungle
- Squire slime in unlocked by throwing a copper helmet or copper shortsword on the ground and having a random slime "pick it up".

- New painting called "Dread of the Red Sea" is obtainable by fishing during a Blood Moon
- The Clown enemy now makes a loud laughing sound

Last edited:
Added a bunch of Shimmer liquid effects onto the main post. Good luck to people throwing all 6000 or so items in there.

Added a bunch of Shimmer liquid effects onto the main post. Good luck to people throwing all 6000 or so items in there.
Gold Worm transmutes into Gummy Worm ( Fishing skill permanent buff )
Star Cloak transmutes into Chromatic Cloak ( This prevents the Shimmering debuff )
Peddler's Hat transmutes into Peddler's Satchel ( Travelling Merchant sells more items permanently )
Flare transmutes into Shimmer Flare

For some reason, I cannot get the Clentaminator to transform into the Terraformer, anyone know why this is?

Edit: Added 2 more liquid discoveries + certain items require slaying the Moon Lord to transmute into their upgrades.

Last edited:
anyone figure out how to get the new music box yet? I've been experimenting a ton and haven't been able to figure it out.

Also, there's a new Advanced Combat Techniques Volume 2 you can get by shimmering a spell book.

Last edited:
I’d like to see how Party “Not Pinkie Pie” Girl looks like once submerged in Shimmer. I would do it myself, but had to unplug everything with some big bad Ian passing through

I’d like to see how Party “Not Pinkie Pie” Girl looks like once submerged in Shimmer. I would do it myself, but had to unplug everything with some big bad Ian passing through
ezgif-4-697506dbcc.png

She looks about 20% cooler I'd say :D

ALRIGHT I FOUND THE NEW MUSIC TRACK

Place a ton of shimmer in the cavern layer above lava level

I believe this is a new biome but I have no idea what any functional differences are.

For those who values a pure, blind experience, click away now. This thread is intended for discovery of the new contents in 1.4.4 that isn't mentioned in the change log.
I will edit this thread periodically. Spoiler names will be kept vague.

Find the full change log here.

4th Liquid: Shimmer
- Bottomless Shimmer Bucket is crafted with a Bottomless Water Bucket
- Change submerged critters to Faelings, which can be put into a bottle for decoration
- Downgrade submerged ores
- Change submerged Clentaminator to Terraformer.
- Change submerged Rod of Discord to Rod of Harmony, basically RoD without the debuff.
- Change submerged Whoopie Cushion into Gas Trap. Unknown use.
- Change submerged Angel Statue to Aether Monolith. Change background like other Monoliths.
- Change submerged Bottomless Water Bucket to Bottomless Shimmer Bucket.
- Change submerged Life Crystal, Mana Crystal, Life Fruit, Pink Pearl into Vital Crystal, Arcane Crystal, Aegis Fruit, Galaxy Pearl. Gives permanent buffs.
- Change submerged Wooden Arrow to Shimmering Arrow. "falls upward".
- Change submerged Enchanted Sundial to Enchanted Moondial.
- Change submerged Luminite Brick to Luminite Rust Brick.
- Change submerged crafted items into the components.
- Change the appearance of submerged NPCs. Does not change dialogue so far.
- Causes the player to move through the bottom blocks once submerged.
- Contact with other liquids creates Aetherium Block, which can be crafted into Aetherium Bricks. No associated furniture set.
- Might be related to the Chlorophyte Extrator

Ocram's Razor
- Only usable in the Zenith Seed. Input 'getfixedboi' into the seed field when creating a new world. You know it's sucessful when while the world is generating weird things are happening.
- Has the tooltip "It has no effect in this world" when not used in the seed. Has no effect.
- Crafted at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil. Recipe requires 1 Mechanical Eye, 1 Mechanical Worm, 1 Mechanical Skull.
- Summons the boss 'Mechdusa' which is all 3 mech boss attached to 1 and buffed.
- Drops a new weapon called Waffle's Iron along with regular mech boss drops from all 3 (Treasure Bags, Relics,...).
- Unknown if there are any other unique drops, I checked on Journey with the highest difficulty slider option.

Axe of Regrowth
- Crafted at a Work Bench.
- Recipe: 1x Staff of Regrowth, 1x Copper or Tin Axe, 12x Jungle Spores, 3x Vines
- Has Staff of Regrowth's effect + Plant Acorns when cutting down trees.

Hive-Five
- Bee Yoyo. Crafted at an Anvil.
- Recipe: 14x Bee Wax
- "Summon killer bees after striking your foes"

Echo Coating
- Bought from Painter at a Graveyard
- Turn objects invisible without Echo Sight
- Can be combined with Paints

Rubblemaker
- Sold from Goblin TInkerer.
- Seems to create those breakable background objects found randomly underground.

Shellphone
- Cellphone + the two Conches. Do exactly what you think it does.
- Right-click on PC to change destination.

Brown/White/Yellow Solutions
- Bought from Steampunker
- Spread Forest/Snow/Desert

Kwad Racer Drone & FPV Goggles
- Bought from Cyborg
- Some side drone racing thing

All have unknown other conditions unless specified.
- "My Son" sold by Truffle
- "r/Terraria" from Clothier
- "The Werewolf" from Zoologist
- "Princess Style", "Suspiciously Sparkly", "Terra Blade Chronicles", "Royal Romance" from Princess

- Pocket Mirror can be combined with Blindfold for a new item. This also means the Ankh Shield now blocks Stoned from Medusa.
- Throwing a stack of Guide Voodoo Doll will kill all the NPCs. Tested at 9999 Dolls.
The unknown use item does smth neat
The Gas Trap can be put into a chest, next time that chest is opened it'll explode and poison everything around it for 2 minutes.

Hey so, shimmer is actually pre-boss.

Somewhere underground in every world generated after the update, there’s a large stone structure in an elliptical shape which contains a pool of it in the center.

This next bit is only based on rumor but I think it always generates near or within the jungle (it can spawn some distance away from it though)

The pool can still be used to transmute most items, but can’t upgrade the rod of discord, clentaminator, or bottomless water bucket until post moon lord (at least from my testing).

The fact that all the permanent consumable items are obtainable before killing a single boss is an absolute gamechanger.

Somewhere underground in every world generated after the update, there’s a large stone structure in an elliptical shape which contains a pool of it in the center.

This next bit is only based on rumor but I think it always generates near or within the jungle (it can spawn some distance away from it though)

The pool can still be used to transmute most items, but can’t upgrade the rod of discord, clentaminator, or bottomless water bucket until post moon lord (at least from my testing).

The fact that all the permanent consumable items are obtainable before killing a single boss is an absolute gamechanger.
from what i have seen it always spawns under/near the ocean biome, but ive only seen 1, maybe 2 bits of proof on that so might be wrong

Has anyone tried shimmering the golden fishing rod? I don't have a bottomless warer bucket yet

Last edited:

I think that it might be a tier thing.
But the huge thing I find from the shimmer liquid is the uncrafting bit

unrelated to the general interesting stuff of the shimmer, the chlorophyte extractinator is a simple carft with just chlorophyte and the extracinator

Back
Top Bottom