3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know guys it takes awhile for them to give us the update for this game and why not they also add a little some of 1.3 items like the frozen campfire to make up for these glitches :)
If they do this, my personal request would be the item that summons a Solar Eclipse. It always bugs me how rare the Solar Eclipses are, and that item was amazing.

To make sure you don't lose your items in multiplayer always make sure that the guests save BEFORE the host quits the game.

View attachment 89095
im not sure if this is a feature .. but if you hold "Y" and cycle to atlease 2 yoyo weapons on the touch screen. they will stay in your hand and will throw a new one and stacks infinitely.

ps. effin hard to take pic. since i have to touch the screen, hold y button and take a photo

I can confirm, and when you get 30-50 Flower Pow's on screen, it seems to cause lag, and also replicates the issue that some were having in the mushroom biome that their bottom screen would "turn off". It also can, through lag, disable the characters and enemies sprites along with health and mana. Very interesting.

Last edited:
I don't know if anybody has said this yet, but a lot of the item textures are low quality. A specific example would be the necro chestplate and leggings. They look like they are shaking. Some have pixels outside of the outline, like Fallen Stars.

I don't know if anybody has said this yet, but a lot of the item textures are low quality. A specific example would be the necro chestplate and leggings. They look like they are shaking. Some have pixels outside of the outline, like Fallen Stars.
noticed things like that but with the adamantite mask is all blurry.

When I'm taking items out of my piggy bank it always says "your inventory is full" even though I have enough free space in my inventory and it proceeds to put the item in my inventory anyways.

Oh, also there seems to be an abscence of the Traveling merchant NPC, He never spawned until now and I find it highly doubtly that it's because of my lack of luck...

EDIT: I meant to say that I still haven't found the Traveling merchant, scrap the "until now"...

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you about The Destroyer. I remember EASILY killing him multiple times, first try, on the PS4. But here, he's so incredibly overpowered that I can't even get CLOSE to killing him, and I'm in full Titanium armour with potion buffs and an Unreal Minishark.
heart lantern, campfire, siting in honey, while using regen potions kills twins, make hallowed armor, then rinse and repeat, kill skeletron, then try destroyer

When I'm taking items out of my piggy bank it always says "your inventory is full" even though I have enough free space in my inventory and it proceeds to put the item in my inventory anyways.

Oh, also there seems to be an abscence of the Traveling merchant NPC, He never spawned until now and I find it highly doubtly that it's because of my lack of luck...
you have finnaly have the traveling merchant, I have never had him, thought he wasn't in the game yet.
Edit- so a goblin evasion just eropted and decided to let the chaos balls hit me (have turtle armore), then what's unique was that all of a sudden (goblin invasion was defeated) and I didn't do anything, so of what I can tell every time you get hit by a chaos ball I look like I'm puking goblin heads,arms,and legs and every time I get hit it counts a goblin killed.

Last edited:
I've raised the MP item loss bug up this morning as a priority item. Anything that affects data loss immediately gets my attention.

I know all bosses were rebalanced on PC in the 1.2.X series of updates.....and Destroyer was one that got a lot of "love" there. He went from stupid/faceroll easy (stand still with flail out and win) to one of the hardest bosses at that tier. I am honestly not sure where Console/Mobile were in regards to that "Rebalanced" content before or after the most recent versions.

Will the update break saves?

No, the update shouldn't need to touch the save files at all from what the coders tell me.

Is it a bug that fishing bait is virtually impossible to fine? I've found like one worm after hours of searching and breaking surface stuff. I might have seen one butterfly in that time and no grasshoppers.

Yes, this is a known issue and will be fixed in the forthcoming update. Apologies that one got past us.

I noticed we can't craft the watch/depth meter, and i havent seen the traveling merchant after roughly 100 hours of playtime. Not sure if this is intended or just not working atm. Also, I am unable to craft the naughty present for the frost moon event.

The watch and depth meter are not yet functional, that's why you can't craft those yet. You also shouldn't see them in chests. Once they are fixed, we'll add them into a future update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any plan to balance out the level of difficulty for the destroyer? Like I posted, the way the controls are set up, along with how difficult he has been made, he just cant be beat. That is with two players, heart lanterns, bon fires, some of the best armor and weapons, platforms to escape him, buffs from potions, ect.. My boyfriend and I tried it for hours and could not even come close. Part of the big problem is the lock on does not work.

Is there any plan to balance out the level of difficulty for the destroyer? Like I posted, the way the controls are set up, along with how difficult he has been made, he just cant be beat. That is with two players, heart lanterns, bon fires, some of the best armor and weapons, platforms to escape him, buffs from potions, ect.. My boyfriend and I tried it for hours and could not even come close. Part of the big problem is the lock on does not work.

I killed him with no problem and prime, both solo. Twins gave me some problems though. Working on pumpkin moon now ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1450725391,1450725043][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it odd most of these issues I've not had within the 100hours I've played? Only things I've noticed is mush biome spawned hardmode mobs. Fishing not working ect. Some bosses despawning. Music flips to easy.

Very pleased and enjoying this on 3DS. Working out the pumpkin moon now. Small maps not a bother, I just use multi worlds with a main home hub.

For the most part, I haven't had too many issues that detract from gameplay, but there are two specific ones I'd like to see dealt with:
  1. Wraiths spawning inside the NPC house (in hardmode)
  2. The 'X' button being used for both trashing items and taking them out of chests. If 'X' was used to move an inventory item into/out of a chest, and 'Y' was used to trash items. Honestly, using the touchscreen for stacks is fine.

For the most part, I haven't had too many issues that detract from gameplay, but there are two specific ones I'd like to see dealt with:
  1. Wraiths spawning inside the NPC house (in hardmode)
  2. The 'X' button being used for both trashing items and taking them out of chests. If 'X' was used to move an inventory item into/out of a chest, and 'Y' was used to trash items. Honestly, using the touchscreen for stacks is fine.

Agreed. The inventory UI is a mess right now. They need to universalize buttons. Meaning: X and Y do the same thing across all menus. I trashed more pieces of armour in my beginning hours than I'd like to admit. It's terribly frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom