3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hunch it's just a large amount of bug fixes/larger worlds for N3DS's. Mounts would be super nice though.

yeah me too. I'm not really getting my hopes up for anything that hasn't been confirmed and so far all we've been told is on the upcoming update are bug fixes and the bigger worlds.

I predict the update besides bigger worlds on n3ds will be:

Bug fixes(like the fishron weapons besides flairon not reforging), The magic quiver might be bugged since it doesn't boost display the dmg boost to arrow weapons like the stake launcher for example.

Fixing things like the shroomite armor's damage bonuses not displaying properly(I think the stealth mode damage is in the 3ds version it just doesn't tell you).

Spectre Mask and Beetle Armor.

Buffs and nerfs a lot of items have gotten like vampire knives/spectre armor nerfs and buffs to items such as the rainbow gun which has gotten multiple buffs since it was released damage went up by 5 in 1.2.1,in 1.2.3 the duration of the rainbow increased from 5 to 10 seconds and in 1.3.0.1 it got a very small kb buff and another duration increase from 10 to 20 and the sniper rifle which has gotten it's use time reduced from 49->35 it's critical strike chance increased from 19% to 29% and it's damage increased from 128->185 as well as the keybrand which got Damage increased from 55 to 70, knockback from 6 to 6.5, critical strike chance from 4% to 17% and use time decreased from 21 to 19.

The optic staff.

Possibly the 1.3 solar eclipse enemies and the solar tablet

As something else of interest could the 3ds handle the 3 biome mimics?

Given that the focus of this update - as stated previously - was HEAVILY on rooting out stability stuff (which takes tons of time) - I am not expecting a ton of flashy new content. Expanded worlds is pretty darned nice though, as seen on mobile.....it cleans up so much of the worldgen oddities.

I'm just hoping that the stability work sorts out everyone's recurring issues, to be honest.

I honestly could care less about the bigger worlds stuff. The more the system has to load the more crashes will happen. I predict even N3DS is at its limits.

I honestly could care less about the bigger worlds stuff. The more the system has to load the more crashes will happen. I predict even N3DS is at its limits.
Uh-uh-uh!Hold it right there good sir!I wouldn't say that exactly.Will it go far?No.But will it be different from other Terraria(s)?Yes.Like I said earlier,it's going down its own path so we can expect certain things added/taken out or whatever the case may be.

Uh-uh-uh!Hold it right there good sir!I wouldn't say that exactly.Will it go far?No.But will it be different from other Terraria(s)?Yes.Like I said earlier,it's going down its own path so we can expect certain things added/taken out or whatever the case may be.
I believe we will get exclusive content to Terrraia 3DS but it would have to be for the N3DS only...That's the catch.Well I take that back...It really depends on what 505 decided to add and the size of the Update too.More than likely if we're gunna get exclusive content and it's a huge update,more than likely O3DS(Old3DS)Users won't receive it due to lack of RAM and The fact that it's over 5 years old..(From what my brother says,the Original Was created in 2011...He would know that,not me)And the N3DS rolled around...2014...?I believe.So I expect great and upcoming content on that particular device.But alas,it is easier said than done.A man can dream...Anywho,though many may doubt the 3DS port of Terraria,I say it will go as far as it can go.Could there be a new DS coming out in 2017?Doubt it but it's a possibility.So with all that being said,I hope you think about The Terraria port and understand what I'm saying...

There won't be a great many updates coming for the 3DS version. They already said it's pretty much gone as far as they can go and we shouldn't expect too much in the future, so don't get your hopes up.

As for an even newer DS in 2017, that's completely off the table. Did you miss all the Nintendo Switch announcements?

While the chances of 1.3 on 3ds are about as possible as hl3, MODDING will most likely be possible sooner or later. I mean, if you can Mod Sm4sh 3ds, then there is no reason that MODDING for terraria 3ds isn't possible.

... That is to say, if anyone can find out how..

the bigger worlds just means the new 3DS has to load even more. Meaning we're bound to start seeing crashes on New 3DS soon. Now if the new 3DS had as much if not more RAM than the PS Vita I'd be all for it..but until then I'm skeptical at how well it'll run. Granted I appreciate it. I just don't enjoy the sense of bigger worlds at the cost of stability

the bigger worlds just means the new 3DS has to load even more. Meaning we're bound to start seeing crashes on New 3DS soon. Now if the new 3DS had as much if not more RAM than the PS Vita I'd be all for it..but until then I'm skeptical at how well it'll run. Granted I appreciate it. I just don't enjoy the sense of bigger worlds at the cost of stability

that's not what it means at all.
the New 3DS is nearly 3 times as powerful as the regular 3DS, don't underestimate it. the problems with the current version of Terraria are problems with the game itself, if they're fixed we don't have to worry about bigger worlds crashing any more than we worry about regular sized. I'm sure the team working on it wouldn't have included the feature if they didn't know it was stable enough.

that's not what it means at all.
the New 3DS is nearly 3 times as powerful as the regular 3DS, don't underestimate it. the problems with the current version of Terraria are problems with the game itself, if they're fixed we don't have to worry about bigger worlds crashing any more than we worry about regular sized. I'm sure the team working on it wouldn't have included the feature if they didn't know it was stable enough.

You say it's a problem with the game but if it's a potential case of the game pushing the system to it's limits and beyond to cause crashes & corruption then it could lead to similar issues in the N3DS. Sure it's got more power but if they're then increasing world sizes and pushing it to the limits again then there's a chance it could also break.

Just a theory, hopefully it's not the case though. Would be nice if it was just down to a bug which has been fixed in v1.04. Only time will tell I guess.

You say it's a problem with the game but if it's a potential case of the game pushing the system to it's limits and beyond to cause crashes & corruption then it could lead to similar issues in the N3DS. Sure it's got more power but if they're then increasing world sizes and pushing it to the limits again then there's a chance it could also break.

Just a theory, hopefully it's not the case though. Would be nice if it was just down to a bug which has been fixed in v1.04. Only time will tell I guess.

but we know that's not the case, the game, as it is, designed for the regular 3DS, still crashes on the New hardware. if it was a hardware problem it wouldn't crash on a more powerful system so it is, currently, not a problem with the hardware.

it's safe to assume the developers know what they're doing, and as far as we know they know the New model can handle larger worlds and if the bugs and crashes are fixed they will not be a problem on the New 3DS.

New 3DS is mainly 2 times more powerful in comparison and considering that's not much of a gap and all the extra stuff Terraria has to load as of 1.03, 1.04 might be the stopping point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom