Official A Lively World - Terraria 1.3 Spoilers & TCF Launch Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the cultist .gif, is that a new vanity coat I see? Looks like a trench coat, I would definitely rock that all night long!
I'm sure Cenx said there are more starter clothes to choose in Character Creation and the trench coat is one of them.

When is ps3 gonna catch up with pc i love terraria and play ever day but it really sucks to see pc about to get this huge update and ps3 aint even got Duke Fisheron please dont forget about us i understand if theres exclusives on each pc console and mobil but not some of the biggest parts of the game and makeing us wait at least a year or more after pc for only what seems like scraps really sucks
[DOUBLEPOST=1429765958,1429765781][/DOUBLEPOST]And please dont hate me for speaking out like im sure many have but we love terraria and want all the goodies to and dont wanna wait years to get them

When is ps3 gonna catch up with pc i love terraria and play ever day but it really sucks to see pc about to get this huge update and ps3 aint even got Duke Fisheron please dont forget about us i understand if theres exclusives on each pc console and mobil but not some of the biggest parts of the game and makeing us wait at least a year or more after pc for only what seems like scraps really sucks
Console and Mobile updates are developed by a different team than PC updates.
Things have to come out on PC first before they come out on Console/Mobile as well, due to them being ports. Also, which would you rather have: Fast updates with lots of bugs, some game-breaking, or slow updates that make sure everything is right before you actually get it?

[DOUBLEPOST=1429765958,1429765781][/DOUBLEPOST]And please dont hate me for speaking out like im sure many have but we love terraria and want all the goodies to and dont wanna wait years to get them

Ehm... We also have to wait a long time for it to update on pc? Just look at it this way. GTA took a loooong long long time to get out on pc and they postponed a few times. But that was to ensure quality.

This is about quality over quantity. This wasn't a triple A game to begin with from a big studio like EA or UBISOFT. AND the console versions are made by another company then redigit.

**edit: If you want info on that you should ask 505 games

I don't want to go all "PC Master Race" on you, but...

You do realize that Terraria is only $9 and is frequently discounted on Steam (which itself is free) and can run on nearly any Wal-Mart computer with ease, right?

Nearly any modern PC made within the last 5 years should run Terraria easily. The game itself is $9 or less.

You could probably even run it on a lot of modern laptops too, if you didn't mind hooking up a cheap mouse or something (you could also hook up a keyboard too for that matter).

You'd also get the full ability to mod the game, and all that stuff as well! Obviously, you'd have to start new save files, but many of us do new playthroughs every week because we're bored waiting on 1.3, lol.

Just something to consider!

Stop complaining about PS3 in a PC forum. Get a PC and go ahead with your desire...

Nearly any modern PC made within the last 5 years should run Terraria easily. The game itself is $9 or less.

You could probably even run it on a lot of modern laptops too, if you didn't mind hooking up a cheap mouse or something (you could also hook up a keyboard too for that matter).

Yep, I've taken old laptops that businesses deemed worthless, (Windows XP, 2 GB RAM, 80GB HD, Intel integrated graphics,) and used them to run Terraria just fine.

I dont want to go all "PC Master Race" on you, but...

You do realize that Terraria is only $9 and is frequently discounted on Steam (which itself is free) and can run on nearly any Wal-Mart computer with ease, right?

You'd also get the full ability to mod the game, and all that stuff as well! Obviously, you'd have to start new save files, but many of us do new playthroughs every week because we're bored waiting on 1.3, lol.

Just something to consider!
Us mobile and mac users dont get any love. June is so far away, and my computer that has windows 7, cant even run windows xp games because of the graphics card. *sigh* the times when you can only use a forsaken mac or android tab

Us mobile and mac users dont get any love. June is so far away, and my computer that has windows 7, cant even run windows xp games because of the graphics card. *sigh* the times when you can only use a forsaken mac or android tab

Wait, you have a computer that runs Windows 7 but won't play any "Windows XP Games" (...????) because of your graphics card?

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Games are not made with any specific Operating System in mind; a Windows Game works on all versions of Windows with the exception of 64-bit Windows dropping 16-bit support (a DOS Emulator + Win3.1 is probably the best way to do that).

There are exceptions in incredibly old games (Win95 era) where they were programmed to either run in DOS (Win95 ran ontop of DOS, this was dropped in XP), or run in low graphics modes that usually do not look right on today's computers (most of them were hard-coded to run in 4:3 resolutions and the color palette can be all wonky sometimes).

Terraria, however, is not one of those games. It has full modern graphics support.

EDIT: Caveat: When I say "A Windows game works on all versions of Windows", there's the caveat that exceptionally old games might crash often, especially with multicore processors, newer DX versions not properly supporting games that weren't coded properly back in the day, etc. But this usually only applies to games Pre-2010.

Only some games. Stupid card last updated in 2009 and refuses to support Direct X. And computers right now aren't exactly cheep...

What's stopping you from grabbing some cheap card that fits the same type of slot? Though, to be honest, if your computer is really more than 6 years old, it is probably using AGP and AGP cards might be difficult to find these days.

A ~$400 Wal-Mart computer could probably beat a gaming computer made back in 2009 in raw power, even though that kind of computer is kinda junk compared to a gaming computer a gamer would put together these days. Might be something to consider; if your video card is refusing to support DirectX, that could either be corrupt drivers or the card itself starting to go bad. If the card itself is going bad... your whole computer might end up being nothing more than a doorstop; I hope you don't have anything important saved on it!

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling drivers for it, maybe?

Just some things to think about.

It used to run windows xp, so it probably has an ancient graphics card. I cant play the earliest minecraft version, so I doubt this computer will be able to get fixed. Im saving up money, and hoping to get a ps3. Or a laptop, still havent decided.

It used to run windows xp, so it probably has an ancient graphics card. I cant play the earliest minecraft version, so I doubt this computer will be able to get fixed. Im saving up money, and hoping to get a ps3. Or a laptop, still havent decided.

I would get a laptop, myself, depending on how powerful it is. There are a lot of really great games on Steam that don't need a ton of power to play. And that's just on Steam.

Buying a PS3 now, while the PS4 is out is probably not a good idea; many PS3 games have been ported to PC already, and the few that remain aren't really worth buying a whole console over.

Meanwhile, a laptop (or indeed a walmart desktop) would give you a lot more utility and thousands of incredibly cheap steam games (like Terraria).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom