Official A Lively World - Terraria 1.3 Spoilers & TCF Launch Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In short, you have not a sliver of an idea what the word "endgame" means.
Do you remember 1.1 version of Terraria? There were endgame items and they were so OP? No they weren't, they were just slighty better.
It was than like configned by Redigit he will stop working on Terraria (Them he worked on terraria again).
Don't say me I dpon't know what end game items means, I know correctly. Againts mobs from Terraria will be game very easy.

Something I've always thought of as unique when it comes to end game items is upgrading them using components from throughout your journey. The Drill Mount looks absolutely incredible, but I think that if you could upgrade it little by little using massive amounts of materials starting from early game to end game stuff that it would make it feel not just like a mount, but like a true reward that gives you more incentive to play. Have it use each of the basic ores for a small upgrade to speed of the Mount, speed of the drill, then getting to more advanced ores start upgrading the number of targets, make it shine more, and eventually getting up to the more end game things give it damage on contact, lasers do damage.

So much potential for the mount system being more than just travelling and I'm very glad the team is exploring those options!

Don't say me I dpon't know what end game items means, I know correctly. Againts mobs from Terraria will be game very easy.

Endgame gear: Something which is given as a reward for beating the game.

It has been horribly mangled by misuse, as much as the term "n00b", or "grinding" or "Pay to Win." Read up again and see if any piece of gear in Terraria ever really met that definition.

In 1.1, the Hallowed-tier gear was only partially "endgame." You could choose to use it against the Mech bosses, but wasn't required, and was just there either to help those who couldn't beat the mechs without them, or those who wanted to demolish the bosses for fun. So, that's not a good example since it's not really endgame gear. Now, in 1.2? Drops by Golem were endgame. In 1.2.4.1, the term is again being used wrong, as there's several interchangeable "endgame" sets of gear which don't need the others to be obtained. The Golem, The Dungeon, Fishron and the Pumpkin/Frost Moon events all can be the last thing you fight before "finishing" the game.

But still... How can a mining tool be OP, when even if it did damage mobs, it would still be as powerful as tools can be, not as powerful as weapons (of which we've seen none) could be?

You can keep on hitting that logical wall all you want, but no tool is OP enough to break it down.

Maybe you guys over at Relogic should just release a spoiler for every 1,000 people that join the forums? That would keep spoiling big things to a minimum and not spoil too much at the same time. >_>

So, any word on that death message contest? I'm asking here since the new ones are going to be implemented in this update.

Well...how many spoilers have there been so far? 5-6? Seems we are on that pace, if not close to it...lol. ;)

Well...how many spoilers have there been so far? 5-6? Seems we are on that pace, if not close to it...lol. ;)
7. I think you guys gave a spoiler a day early, because I'm pretty sure we'll hit 7,000 today. lol
Time to start making alternate accounts to get them spoilers. Jkdon'thurtme.

OMG, that mount is awesome! My own hype for 1.3 has just exploded beyond comprehension. I guess I better get back to updating an old adventure map...

Something I would wish to get in Terraria 1.3: A rare equipment item which occupies a slot but creates four slots. The five slots are pretty nice but in some situations a few more would be really nice.

It is my intention to make it so this mount isn't crazy difficult to obtain. Is it a bit OP? Hell yeah...but isn't that a good thing for something end game?

Yes! Cenx, you get it!! It's more fun when you've worked hard to reach the end game and are rewarded with things that are a bit on the super awesome side!
*sniffles* I'm so proud. TuT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom