A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by ClearConscious, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: superceded by new thread
Lock date: 15:02 13-09-2017
  1. Khaosbringer

Khaosbringer Skeletron

As someone who played on old gen consoles, and purchased a new copy for the current gen based on the original timeline we were given on this release, i disagree with this being a "free" update. I would never have bought a copy for ps4 if it wasnt required for the new content. So far i have seen no return on my purchase, and very little information as to when i will be recieving this content.

2. Dark Wiz

Dark Wiz Spazmatism

Heeeeeeey. Why don't we just drop this-_-, get on with our lives, and pretend I'd never said anything?:D

Jaster Rogue likes this.
  3. SEVENSTEIN

SEVENSTEIN Terrarian

You have til the end of the month, per Pipeworks revision. You're not the only one waiting, I'm sure Pipeworkds is working as hard as they can. I for one would rather wait for them to deliver something they can be proud to deliver versus getting some buggy mess that isn't enjoyable to play.

4. Khaosbringer

Khaosbringer Skeletron

To each their own. I would rather they kept their word and released during q2 like they advertised they would waaaay back in 2016. And since that ship has sailed, i would like them to have at least taken an active role in keeping their community informed. We are now 1/3 of the way though sept, and still no new information regarding the promised release. The only information we recieved in months comes from thier youtube Show case and streams. One week its absolutly going to be a q3 release. The next week they shrug and tell us they don't know. I get it, they didnt want to release a buggy mess, but with the deadline getting so close, they have no excuse for not providing us with a new update on timeing.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  5. AstralWolf03

AstralWolf03 Terrarian

It would be nice to hear something soon. Like you said, Q3 is almost over and there's no new info. Might as well just be a Q4 release (hope not). Also can you people stop pointing out that "Hey, a delayed less buggy version is better." We know...

Khaosbringer likes this.
  6. MoeHolyGhost

MoeHolyGhost Terrarian

They really can't.
    Anything to get those relogic brownie points.
    Settle in for a spring 2018 release, just in time for half life 2 episode 3 and a court ordered sanction to kill micro transactions!

Khaosbringer likes this.
  7. jokodawg

jokodawg Terrarian

any news on release date?

8. BloXMmaSter

BloXMmaSter Terrarian

Soon™
    But really i guarantee you that... delay to q4 is only a matter of time.

Khaosbringer likes this.
  9. fireman7100

fireman7100 Plantera

We still have the rest of September my dude.
    Hope is not lost yet

10. Dark Wiz

Dark Wiz Spazmatism

They couldn't delay to Q4; they've had enough time.

fireman7100 likes this.
  11. Sr0udedMistWalker

Sr0udedMistWalker Terrarian

By Q2 do they mean the 2nd quarter of the year becuuse I'd so its already into the third quarter and almost into the 4th so

12. Khaosbringer

Khaosbringer Skeletron

Yeah, it was originally supposed to be q2, they announced they would be delaying into q3 back in i think may, in a different forum post. They just never updated this one. The forum page "an update on timing" is supposed to be their definitive page for news on 1.3 but they havent given any new updated information in months.

13. BloXMmaSter

BloXMmaSter Terrarian

Well i have update already.

Yeah so with 1.2.4 that was delayed few times and finally released in two parts.

14. fireman7100

fireman7100 Plantera

Good for you. I have the pc version, but my laptop can't handle it unfortunately.

Dark Wiz and Khaosbringer like this.
  15. Tord21

Tord21 Skeletron Prime

Ok so wait. It said Q2 of 2017. Isn't that ending? I'm sorry I'm just really excited for this!!

16. Dark Wiz

Dark Wiz Spazmatism

Q2 has already ended. They delayed it to Q3 and I'm sure they won't delay it again as we'll give an even bigger uproar.

17. MoeHolyGhost

MoeHolyGhost Terrarian

Well then I've got some real bad news for you ma dude!

Khaosbringer likes this.
  18. Tord21

Tord21 Skeletron Prime

Oh ok. Thanks!

fireman7100 likes this.
  19. SEVENSTEIN

SEVENSTEIN Terrarian

You're right about community involvement, it could be better. However, We'll have to agree to disagree when it comes to releasing in q2 as advertised, I think the backlash would be more severe with the community. It came as no surprise to me that the update got delayed, it's a huge patch. Keeping a promise would seem an afterthought compared to: ex. Mobs not dropping certain items from their table or rolling certain prefixes.

Tord21 likes this.
  20. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that, but the fact is the only thing they've guaranteed is that current gen will be getting the update. They talked about their goals for release but never promised an actual date. When you pay for content do you prefer that it works or not?

Dark Wiz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.