A Quick Update on Journey's End Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Terraria, it's in top 3 of my favorite games ever, at this point after so many years I don't think that developer has an obligation to update the game or rush the updates they are doing etc.

HOWEVER, this post has to be a joke. Some countries are in lockdown for a couple of months already, so if we are going to play it while we are stuck at home we need it now, not in a couple of months. If the virus situation is the same in like 3-4 months, oh boy, 1.4 won't be able to save us.

I hope that this post was made to make us think it's not coming very soon, but the devs want to surprise us because of all the deadlines that were broken before and release the update in a couple of days. I mean I just want this to be true. So much time to play right now, one can only hope.

Based on that, the initial projection was off by... Err, almost an entire year? With all due respect, how does that even happen?
I don't think it's almost an entire year. People can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we were told it would be released in the final quarter of last year.
I get the idea that they have so much fun adding more and more features that they just decided to keep going at it. But that's plain guessing on my part.
Anyway, yeah, developers should avoid making promises to avoid disappointment, in my humble opinion. It avoids grumbled fans. :merchanthappy: But me personally, I'm an old guy who learned the value of patience, so I don't care. There are other games to play! :redmunch:

That's nice! But I just want to zoom out on game, my monitor is only 1366x768 and it's hard to battle bosses with mods :(

omg the fact that there currently are 5,359 submissions in the vanity contest gets me kind of worried. Will the "Team" be able to take even a half an hour per post to to view all of them before the deadline of only 2 months? According to my calculations, currently if the team behind the action to "try to whittle down to our finalists!" were to work non-stop all 1460 hours without breaks for the following 2 months. They'd only have a mere 16 and a half minutes to successfully judge and read each and every entry. Now take in the fact that the "Team" possibly need sleep of 8 to 12 hours and also probably have a work schedule of I would say 6 to 12 hours a day to endulge themselves in the judging and reading of the contestants entries. For this event they'd only have like around 1 minute and 35 seconds to judge every post fairly. Considering how most posts could be duplicates of others vanity sets or variants of the same idea's these can be discarded that means if a mere third of the posts/entries we're duplicates. Then only 1786 posts could be subtracted thus allowing a grand total of 2 minutes per entry. The statement of the so called "Team" made it out to be that they will be "going over the thousands of entries for the Journey’s End Vanity contest over the next couple of weeks" wich means they're going to spend even less time per post to the submission forums page of which each person mostlikely spent around 5 minutes to 5 hours making or explaining their pieces of artwork. In conclusion it would in theory be courteous to both the Artist and the "Team of Judges" to postpone the choosing of the contest finalists for another 3 to 4 months.. (note: This is only my opinion based upon these calculations)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200410-034721.png
    Screenshot_20200410-034721.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_20200410-034528.png
    Screenshot_20200410-034528.png
    233 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_20200410-034501.png
    Screenshot_20200410-034501.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20200410-034446.png
    Screenshot_20200410-034446.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20200410-035302.png
    Screenshot_20200410-035302.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 108
omg the fact that there currently are 5,359 submissions in the vanity contest gets me kind of worried. Will the "Team" be able to take even a half an hour per post to to view all of them before the deadline of only 2 months? According to my calculations, currently if the team behind the action to "try to whittle down to our finalists!" were to work non-stop all 1460 hours without breaks for the following 2 months. They'd only have a mere 16 and a half minutes to successfully judge and read each and every entry. Now take in the fact that the "Team" possibly need sleep of 8 to 12 hours and also probably have a work schedule of I would say 6 to 12 hours a day to endulge themselves in the judging and reading of the contestants entries. For this event they'd only have like around 1 minute and 35 seconds to judge every post fairly. Considering how most posts could be duplicates of others vanity sets or variants of the same idea's these can be discarded that means if a mere third of the posts/entries we're duplicates. Then only 1786 posts could be subtracted thus allowing a grand total of 2 minutes per entry. The statement of the so called "Team" made it out to be that they will be "going over the thousands of entries for the Journey’s End Vanity contest over the next couple of weeks" wich means they're going to spend even less time per post to the submission forums page of which each person mostlikely spent around 5 minutes to 5 hours making or explaining their pieces of artwork. In conclusion it would in theory be courteous to both the Artist and the "Team of Judges" to postpone the choosing of the contest finalists for another 3 to 4 months.. (note: This is only my opinion based upon these calculations)
Is this the part where i put my submission?
Bofa.png

Разработчики, пожалуйста, исправьте проблему с мультиплеером. Когда вы начинаете двигаться, видны сильные фризы, и это не только мое

I'm not sure about anyone else... but I personally do not need 30 minutes to come to a conclusion about a creative concept. Some are more in-depth than others, sure, but even the MOST complex wouldn't take 30 minutes. That's more than a small bit of hyperbole there, lol. :p

The reality is - getting to a top 5-10% is going to be pretty straight forward (though still a laborious process!)... but getting that top 5-10% down to finalists on which everyone can vote is going to take much longer. Less to "review" the concepts and more to ponder the choices. So, your math is flawed in that it assumes a level time/entry and starts with a hyperbolic premise that it takes anyone 30 minutes to decide on things.

TLDR? We said we would review every entry - and we will. I'll even go a step further and say that AT LEAST TWO people will review the first pass on each entry so that we can have greater confidence in the results (avoiding personal biases, etc). I suspect you will see more folks involved/more time taken in the second pass step from whence we whittle down to the finalists for the community voting. We got this, don't worry. ;)

Kek I'm sure many gamers don't find it hard staying inside, pandemic or not xD

But too many good games got released during those hard times and it certainly helps pass time in a very entertaining way, I wish I could afford a VR to play half life alyx :( Even Terraria mobile got updated after months which is a plus

It's funny to me that we went from "it'll be out in late 2019", to "with this whole quarantine situation, we're going to be able to REALLY push now, so now it might even be out by halfway through 2020!"

Based on that, the initial projection was off by... Err, almost an entire year? With all due respect, how does that even happen?
I think that happens, when they are trying their hardest to make everything work well, and give us something really good for the big final update. That is what I think why that happens, I don’t know for sure, but I really think it has something to do with what I said.

So much new content, I can't wait! I've been seeing other people say things about more new bosses than just the Blood Nautilus... o_O I'll just have to wait to find out, I guess.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about anyone else... but I personally do not need 30 minutes to come to a conclusion about a creative concept. Some are more in-depth than others, sure, but even the MOST complex wouldn't take 30 minutes. That's more than a small bit of hyperbole there, lol. :p

The reality is - getting to a top 5-10% is going to be pretty straight forward (though still a laborious process!)... but getting that top 5-10% down to finalists on which everyone can vote is going to take much longer. Less to "review" the concepts and more to ponder the choices. So, your math is flawed in that it assumes a level time/entry and starts with a hyperbolic premise that it takes anyone 30 minutes to decide on things.

TLDR? We said we would review every entry - and we will. I'll even go a step further and say that AT LEAST TWO people will review the first pass on each entry so that we can have greater confidence in the results (avoiding personal biases, etc). I suspect you will see more folks involved/more time taken in the second pass step from whence we whittle down to the finalists for the community voting. We got this, don't worry. ;)
Thanks very much for your response, I do indeed agree with there being some flaws in my statement and also Thank you for the reassurance.. sorry for worrying..

I really wish that relogic is not trying to force getting the update earlier, i think they should take their time to polish this update and have a good result rather than one incomplete or messy update

I really wish that relogic is not trying to force getting the update earlier, i think they should take their time to polish this update and have a good result rather than one incomplete or messy update
The update won’t be incomplete or messy unless you’re not on windows.

Excuse me for offtop, but there is any chance what in Journey's End will be included GOOD 1440 resolution (and 144hz) support? Because currently 1440 (with lock zoom level on 133%) looks really ugly :*(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom