A way to go through roofs

Hey all!
I found this cool way to go through roofs (up to 3 blocks thick) while I was playing through Terraria using just a single platform and a hammer. Not sure if this has been done before but just thought it was cool!

First of all place your platform against the roof, then you want to jump up into the platform while hitting the platform with your hammer to make it look like one of these:
2hn6yxx.png

2jg8qv7.png

Then you will end up here:
2qxcaav.png

Then just jump once and you will end up through the roof:
29pfar7.png

This can be quite useful if there are some blocks you can't break through and you need to get through.

2hn6yxx.png

This invokes the same bug that everybody knows and loves as Hoiking. Hoiks are usually done with sloped edges and the game's code doesn't really know what to do when you get clipped into a wall (I think it calculates your movement before calculating whether or not that movement is possible normally, but I could be mistaken).

However, I will have to admit I've never heard of anybody using a hammered platform for vertical movement through a solid wall. I don't know what application(s), if any this would actually have, but surely someone will come up with something creative!

This invokes the same bug that everybody knows and loves as Hoiking. Hoiks are usually done with sloped edges and the game's code doesn't really know what to do when you get clipped into a wall (I think it calculates your movement before calculating whether or not that movement is possible normally, but I could be mistaken).

However, I will have to admit I've never heard of anybody using a hammered platform for vertical movement through a solid wall. I don't know what application(s), if any this would actually have, but surely someone will come up with something creative!
Yeah. Wasn't sure if it counted as Hoiking so I put it up on here as I had never seen it done before.

Hey all!
I found this cool way to go through roofs (up to 3 blocks thick) while I was playing through Terraria using just a single platform and a hammer. Not sure if this has been done before but just thought it was cool!

First of all place your platform against the roof, then you want to jump up into the platform while hitting the platform with your hammer to make it look like one of these:
2hn6yxx.png

2jg8qv7.png

Then you will end up here:
2qxcaav.png

Then just jump once and you will end up through the roof:
29pfar7.png

This can be quite useful if there are some blocks you can't break through and you need to get through.

2hn6yxx.png
You might have helped me with a problem with this. I’ll explain, I had found a great way to make a Hellevater with the same process you are describing here. You could put a platform hammered till it’s lower two blocks below a hammered block pointing up. You would go through the block triggering the hoik glitch and you could go up the elevater with nothing but a platform, but it was seeming they had recently fixed that because I can no longer get it to work.

Back
Top Bottom