Game Mechanics Allowing music boxes to play in vanity slots

Yeah if you place enough around your arena.

Also if you are mining, you likely wont need all those damage increasing accessories.

Yes as it is extremely unfair and it gives certain players a huge advantage over how much FUN they had!

I suppose you have a point.

You do know you can place them on the floor right?
Personally, I would have it in my inventory. Why? It at sort of a small radio. I can listen to it anywhere I want with a simple right click. Though on the floor, it has a certain range. Plus I'd probably go half-insane after placing enough around my ENTIRE world. I would rather take up and inventory space then do that.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438527779,1438527712][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes as it is extremely unfair and it gives certain players a huge advantage over how much FUN they had!

I suppose you have a point.
How is that unfair? Your trading an inventory slot for it that can be used for other things. :/

Welp, this is a thing I was waiting for for a long time. Double support in two languages!
Ну, это та вещь, которую я очень долго ждал. Двойная поддержка в двух языках!

You do know you can place them on the floor right?
For the sake of argument let's pretend that we need all our accessory slots for combat items because we're under equip for hard mode or something. There's a point to having it placed verses having it play from your inventory:

If you build an area up and want specific music to play there, you place it for everyone to listen to, not just yourself, and if it's just you it becomes a matter of you not having to do anything to change the atmosphere. You may of worked hard to get things exactly how you like them. In real life we can compare this to setting up speakers so music matches places like clubs.

If you're just on your own though, then why should you go around placing half a dozen boxes just to listen to your favourite song? This is something we can compare to an MP3 player. I know everyone just puts their songs on their phones but apparently the Cell Phone doesn't have that much memory, it only remembers our spawn point. This is why it's logical to play from the inventory as it's benefiting one person without hindering them in any way.

My case; they fulfil two different needs whilst giving an item extended purpose, because music choice is purly a vanity thing. You might be happy to lose an accessory slot or go around your world placing 20~ Music Boxes to keep a consistent song when moving around the map but the rest of us aren't. You're more than welcome to keep doing either option even if this is added to the game.

In real life we can compare this to setting up speakers so music matches places like clubs.

This is something we can compare to an MP3 player. I know everyone just puts their songs on their phones but apparently the Cell Phone doesn't have that much memory, it only remembers our spawn point. This is why it's logical to play from the inventory as it's benefiting one person without hindering them in any way.

You just gave me (two) great ideas! Though they differ quite a lot from simply changing the how the music boxes work, so I made a separate thread.

Yeah, see, this would change nothing except for it being a matter of convenience. As an alternative we could say ":red: you" and just MUTE the game sounds, open a browser window, and play the OST on loop.

What if we got a "special effect" slot in Equipment slot and we could put Music boxes or Monoliths there? or Water fountains? Or am I going too far?

If they DO add a slot for them then dyes should apply filters to the music. For example: Phase dye distorts music. martian dye makes it sound more, alieny..

Back
Top Bottom