Important ANNOUNCEMENT: Modding Rule Update 2018/08/06

Something seems weird, the Biome Key Molds used to be a Vanilla(PC) Terraria item, where the player needed to get the key mold, and also get Plantera key to make the key of the biome, so could open the chest, then the idea were ditched to only allowing the game to drop the key right away from the biome, and only be able to open the chest by defeating plantera first.

The thing that is weird is... The biome key molds are a banned item because currently they are being used on console/mobile Terraria?

The thing that is weird is... The biome key molds are a banned item because currently they are being used on console/mobile Terraria?

Basically, the key molds weren't mentioned specifically, it was decided in general that unobtainable items other than the Removed Items were now ok to use. The key molds happen to fall into that latter category, but as things have calmed down from the last update I'm will be inquiring about the key molds in particular to see what the ruling is on them. Please be patient, the game devs are busy people and will get around to deciding on this when they get the chance. :)

I have a small question.... Is a mod that is functionally similar to the mobile edition.
For instance: Instead of a Pot' o gold we get a Briefcase o' Cash and it gives us a tax collector pet that drops coins everytime it jumps. Would that still trigger possible legal issues?

These two sprites I made aren't too similar to the Zapinator to count, do they??

Because I kinda used the Zapinator's sprite as a base for the Jolt EX-1 in my Nerf Gun mod and the Sharpfire kinda resembles the Zapinator, and I was wanting to know if that might be a problem if I were to try and make a mod page for it on the forums.

Attachments

• Jolt.png
    Jolt.png
    382 bytes · Views: 225
  • SharpFire.png
    SharpFire.png
    708 bytes · Views: 270
My only thing is: Why even have restrictions on mods in the first place? There MODS, they aren't being sold. So what if someone wants a mobile item on the PC? Whats wrong with that?

My only thing is: Why even have restrictions on mods in the first place? There MODS, they aren't being sold. So what if someone wants a mobile item on the PC? Whats wrong with that?
Because then it can't be advertised as platform exclusive content, which without a doubt is a big selling point for any game (whether you like that or not, it's a market trick in the end)

Because then it can't be advertised as platform exclusive content, which without a doubt is a big selling point for any game (whether you like that or not, it's a market trick in the end)

Yes I know for exclusive stuff, it's to make money.
But what about the other items?

will porting removed console/mobile items/enemies be allowed with the upcoming removal of console/mobile exclusives?

When console-exclusives are removed, does that mean that Ocram is fair game? It's removed from console, but not PC, so if it doesn't get added to the wiki page?
Also:
@vizthex hey buddy this is my profile pic

I have 2 questions

What if modders developed a mod with removed items and console+mobile only content, but didn't share it online and did not post on mod browser?
Nobody other than them would know about the mod,so what happens then?

Second question: Since Ocram is gonna be removed from console and mobile,then could modders make mod for Ocram and all the gear he gives?

I have 2 questions

What if modders developed a mod with removed items and console+mobile only content, but didn't share it online and did not post on mod browser?
Nobody other than them would know about the mod,so what happens then?

Second question: Since Ocram is gonna be removed from console and mobile,then could modders make mod for Ocram and all the gear he gives?

If they don't share it with anyone, it would be nigh impossible to catch them, so I suppose they would get the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom