tModLoader Antiaris

Do you like our project in it's current state?

• Yes

Votes: 490 91.9%
  • No (Please, make sure to tell us why don't you like it)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters
With the quest system, something that might be interesting is "temporary biomes". Which is to say, a quest would have you go to a location that doesn't exist, and it gets "painted" into the world like meteors and hardmode biomes do when the quest starts at a location meeting certain criteria. For instance, an island might appear in the sky, or an open space in the ocean. An existing cave might get converted into a special variety, or a small dungeon might get carved out of solid rock. You go there to complete the quest, and when it's done and turned in, as soon as no players are nearby a similar process makes the biome go away. To prevent people losing things in these areas, it might be necessary to apply the anti-build debuff that the Old One's Army event adds while in the temporary biomes, though.
I think it will be really hard to code.

This is truly amazing. I like it so far!
Glad you're interested!

I think it will be really hard to code.

Glad you're interested!
Honestly, i've never coded before, but that seems like a challenge to make with a randomly generated world, speciacally the parts with the "rock turning into a dungeon" part

It's honestly not as bad as it sounds. The basic functions are already in the base Terraria code. It's really just a matter of finding an area of X dimensions in Y biome that has only whitelisted tiles, then replacing it from a template when a trigger is activated - almost identical to what a meteor does, without the linear check from space to determine impact. When a second trigger is activated on quest completion, you have it paste over the same area again with filler tiles appropriate to the biome (or with the original tiles within the zone, saved in a temporary location before the initial paste-over, if you wanted to be fancy).

fsjWKU4.png

Will Gameraiders101 ever play the new f:red:ing Antiaris mod from tremor creators? Tune in to his channel to find out!!

Hey Devs, great job on this so far =) Really looking forward to it. And the new corruption alt looks great, surprised that The Torment would be it, didn't see that coming.

Just a quick suggestion, and something that I've been wanting to see in a mod for quite some time now. I know that this most likely wont be added since its like REALLY hard to put in Terraria (if you can even put it in). I've always wanted to see some kind of dimension added into the game, like after the Moon Lord he drops pieces to make a portal or something, which will lead into another dimension. Or you could make a boat and sail it to another island with new mobs, bosses, ores, biomes, and maybe even something further down then the underworld, which I think could be really cool.

The biggest problem i have with Tremor is the alchemy stuff, and the wiki... lol. Please update this ones wiki frequently, i cannot even find how to craft half the alchemist armors the wiki has no information on 75% of them, which i really wanted to be an alchemist but i can't make any useful armor. I hope you overhaul these :)

The biggest problem i have with Tremor is the alchemy stuff, and the wiki... lol. Please update this ones wiki frequently, i cannot even find how to craft half the alchemist armors the wiki has no information on 75% of them, which i really wanted to be an alchemist but i can't make any useful armor. I hope you overhaul these :)
Why post this in Antiaris thread? Tremor thread is still opened for replies.

Why post this in Antiaris thread? Tremor thread is still opened for replies.
Because it literally says "Tremor discontinued working on Antiaris" Thought i'd give some feedback on the biggest problems with tremor you should fix in this mod if it will have some of the same stuff which im assuming it will.

Because it literally says "Tremor discontinued working on Antiaris" Thought i'd give some feedback on the biggest problems with tremor you should fix in this mod if it will have some of the same stuff which im assuming it will.
It won't.

Jofairden still works on Tremor, and some people from Tremor Discord server still work on wiki.

Oh thanks for the info, will post there
[doublepost=1502987535,1502987462][/doublepost]
You sure it won't have the alchemist class? Thats like the best thing about it imo. Surely it'll be revamped?
I already said that Antiaris will not have any Tremor content.

I already said that Antiaris will not have any Tremor content.
Well that really sucks. Looks like i'll stick to tremor after all lol. And you keep telling people "i've already said that" which is expecting us tto go back in the thread and read every post you've made... soo yeah. And it's not in the main post, maybe you should put an "already asked questions" to it.

Back
Top Bottom