Avaerita (Builds from my primary world!)

Lyra

Skeletron
[WARNING: Massive 1680x911 images!]

Hello, and welcome to my build thread! I'm going to post a number of builds such as my towns and various little decorations here, and they'll come in as fast as I make them, or whenever I decide to show one I've already made.

Avaerita is just what I'd call the world now; it's actually called NERF IT for no reason.

The Oriental Undertown:
Home to the Nurse, the Stylist, and the Witchdoctor.
First, some history. The Undertown started as a Dungeon Generator Mod dungeon. These are composed of ruin bricks, and spawn a number of unique enemies. I discovered unfortunately however that the dungeons are bugged, and if you get within spawning range of one the mobs NEVER stop spawning, no matter where you go, so eventually I just started giving myself a set of digging claws and tearing them up until I realized that simply disabling the mod wouldn't crash the game.

The undertown is located in one of those massive holes left behind from a removed ruin, and eventually I got bored of the darkness and build a basic bridge framework. Some time later I decided to pretty it up further and added wood decorations and the current witchdoctor's house, filling it with basic crafting stations. A few hours ago, I got the idea to build it into a full-blown oriental area, and eventually a town because those goddamned bats wouldn't stop pestering me, and towns stop mob spawning.

By the way, I will love you forever if you code a mod with an item like the water candle that simply prevent enemy spawning. That would be heavenly for building.
cqVi5YN.png

PQ1f6gF.png

0pBdGpr.png

I have no clue what's wrong with that last bridge's roof, seriously.

I've slightly adjusted the under the bridge area. It's less empty now!
DrVqPSn.png

Again, more towns and/or small decorations will be posted as I make them.

Like if you like it, and leave a post if you feel as though others should see this, or want to criticize me in some way! :dryadwink:

Last edited:
Nice! I like your building style. It looks a bit empty, though, so maybe you could add a bit of stuff in the dark spaces? I'm building an underground town myself, and that's a problem that's been popping up for me as well.

Nice! I like your building style. It looks a bit empty, though, so maybe you could add a bit of stuff in the dark spaces? I'm building an underground town myself, and that's a problem that's been popping up for me as well.
The thing is, I have no clue what to put in it. I wanted it to look like a bridge over a massive drop, but that kind of signs out anything under it. Maybe I could make some backwall stuff. I'll try that.

I like the way the colors mix, it looks amazing.
It looks a bit empty, though, so maybe you could add a bit of stuff in the dark spaces?
Also, my OCD looks at the ores and the dirt and says 'ugh', but maybe its part of the theme. :\

I like the way the colors mix, it looks amazing.

Also, my OCD looks at the ores and the dirt and says 'ugh', but maybe its part of the theme. :\
I'm working on it right now actually; the shiny ores in the stalactites are intentional. I probably should have put them on the tip, though. The dirt is for the most part naturally generated, and I'll probably replace it with mud and jungle grass.

Are the ores really that bad? To me, they look nice.

I'm working on it right now actually; the shiny ores in the stalactites are intentional. I probably should have put them on the tip, though. The dirt is for the most part naturally generated, and I'll probably replace it with mud and jungle grass.

Are the ores really that bad? To me, they look nice.
No, the ores are Ok, it's the dirt that repels me. :dryadtongue:

No, the ores are Ok, it's the dirt that repels me. :dryadtongue:
Well, good news!
DrVqPSn.png

I just fixed that, and tried to fill in a bit of the middle. There are stone wall 'bridges' across the gap now, and a couple jungle grass islands.

Except up by the nurse's house. :p I just realized...

Back
Top Bottom