Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When some books (or other placeable items) are placed on top of the Balloon Bookcase, there's an unnatural (and most possibly unwanted) margin space:
Balloon bookcase bug.png

Upon review, it looks like MOST bookshelves in the game do not have a flat/even top, and so this issue is present, more or less, on about 3/4ths of the bookshelves. There isn't really a simple way to fix this except by redoing the sprites for every single affected bookshelf to be "perfectly flat on top", and I don't think its worth changing the design of 20+ Bookshelves for this purpose, it would make them more boring.

Meanwhile, to prevent books from being placed on top would just be limiting for the shelves that do work normally, so there isn't much that can be done here. Limitation of the system, I suppose.

All the Bookcases' sprites except the Balloon one reach all the way to the top pixel, though, even the oddly shaped ones.

I attached a comparison of all the Bookcases (that I have researched) with an Alchemy Table placed on top of them. Balloon one is the second on the bottom row.

Attachments

• aaaaaaa.png
    aaaaaaa.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 66
Upon review, it looks like MOST bookshelves in the game do not have a flat/even top, and so this issue is present, more or less, on about 3/4ths of the bookshelves. There isn't really a simple way to fix this except by redoing the sprites for every single affected bookshelf to be "perfectly flat on top", and I don't think its worth changing the design of 20+ Bookshelves for this purpose, it would make them more boring.

Meanwhile, to prevent books from being placed on top would just be limiting for the shelves that do work normally, so there isn't much that can be done here. Limitation of the system, I suppose.
I must object, since now I am building a skyscraper in one of my Journey's World, which is supposed to contain all existing furniture sets, and at this moment the balloon set is most unaligned and unnatural. The message and the screenshot above also proves my words.

All the Bookcases' sprites except the Balloon one reach all the way to the top pixel, though, even the oddly shaped ones.

I attached a comparison of all the Bookcases (that I have researched) with an Alchemy Table placed on top of them. Balloon one is the second on the bottom row.
Alchelmy table is not a good example compared with books or other single block items. as it looks like the Alchelmy table can balance well in the middle.

There are a few of these that can cause floating objects on the edges, most clear example on the Cactus bookcase.

Alchelmy table is not a good example compared with books or other single block items. as it looks like the Alchelmy table can balance well in the middle.

There are a few of these that can cause floating objects on the edges, most clear example on the Cactus bookcase.
I chose the alchemy table exactly because of what you said. I had considered books and tables with legs but that would have made the gap between the bottom of the books/tables and the top of the bookcases too explicit for the oddly shaped ones. What I had in mind was to show that the Balloon Bookcase is slightly shorter than all other bookcases for no reason, as I otherwise agree with Leinfors that redesigning all the oddly shaped bookcases to eliminate those gaps at the top of the sprite isn't warranted.

Back
Top Bottom