Beatbat's Plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebeatbat1139

Skeletron Prime
Hey-lo everybody! Having problems with finding something to do in Terraria? Want to start a new playthrough but am too bored to do normal early-game? Well, I'm here to bring you some ways to spice up your game with challenges and limitations! Here we go!

In this one, you can only use melee weapons- but you can't use swords! You are limited to boomerangs, spears, flails, and the Vampire Knives/Scourage. Your goal is to aquire the Knives/Scourage and be able to defeat any monster while limited to your weapons.

You can only use spellbooks- and you know what they are. Good thing pre-hardmode has the water bolt and demon scythe. You have to get ALL books-water bolt, demon scythe, crystal storm, cursed flames/golden shower, magnet sphere, and razorblade typhoon. Sorry if I missed anything. Do your best to get to wave ten of the events!

This one is pretty simple, just only use arrow or bullet weapons. Try and defeat the Duke with NO HOMING. Then you will be a true master.

Give yourself a Rainbow Rod and Gun at the start and go through the game with them. Get to wave 10 in the events and GET 3 RAINBOW DYES. MWAH HAHA!

Defeat the mech bosses with consumable weapons. Molatovs, grenades... this one's a real challange.

Defeat the BOC or EOW with a shortsword. IT'S HARD. Did it? Try other bosses.

So that's all for now, folks, but if I get another idea then I will post it.
Feel free to reccomend other challenge ideas! I would love to get some more.
So, I hope this helped with anybody who's bored. As usual, feel the beat! :happy:

Holy Hand Grenades are actually bombs, not grenades as in weapons. You can look it up.
Bomb or 'nade, The point is it's still a thrown explosive that can deal damage to enemies. Unlike the 'nades however, Holy Hand 'nades won't instantly detonate upon contact with an enemy. (And assuming this shares the same rule with PC), Explosives thrown can also damage if not kill the player if they stray too close to the blast area.

The cons balance out the pro's, And again 'nades and Holy Hand 'nades are both thrown explosives. It's pretty flawed if you accept one but not the other.

Bomb or 'nade, The point is it's still a thrown explosive that can deal damage to enemies. Unlike the 'nades however, Holy Hand 'nades won't instantly detonate upon contact with an enemy. (And assuming this shares the same rule with PC), Explosives thrown can also damage if not kill the player if they stray too close to the blast area.

The cons balance out the pro's, And again 'nades and Holy Hand 'nades are both thrown explosives. It's pretty flawed if you accept one but not the other.
Holy hand grenades blow up terrain. They were not made to be weapons, thus they don't count as weapons. They don't have fixated damage, stats, or anything. They are consumable tools, not weapons, and thus shouldn't be used for weapon's sake.

You can buy Rockets for RPG launchers that blow up terrain, Guess what: Those are still registered as ammo.

I'll stop debating it, But it is incredibly flawed.

Those are actually weapons, stats and damage count. I don't to debate either, all I'm saying is Holy Hand Grenades are NOT weapons. Your argument is a bit invalid.

Those are actually weapons, stats and damage count. I don't to debate either, all I'm saying is Holy Hand Grenades are NOT weapons. Your argument is a bit invalid.
My point was just because it didn't have the formal stat layout of normal consumable, Doesn't mean it couldn't be used as a weapon.

I already listed a fair amount of drawbacks which would balance it (Mostly the inability for it to instantly detonate upon contact with an enemy, Making it virtually worthless for flying bosses), That if people actually wanted to use it, It wouldn't be that OP and would be fair game.

I know I said that last comment was the last thing I'd state, But really needed to restate these.

What I'm saying is it's not SUPPOSED to be a weapon. You can use it as a weapon, but it wasn't made to be like that. It's a tool and a very impractical weapon, and not a consumable weapon, it's a TOOL. So use it, I won't care. But I'm not.

Cool challenges, but I fell like the Gunman/Archer one is kind of irrelevant, because its pretty much just a ranged only challenge just with one small catch.
Yeah, that was really only for filler as a small one.
But still, it takes away half of the weapons you can normally use, which isn't terrible.

For this one, how would you do it? You need a weapon to kill skeletron, and if the water bolt is in the dungeon, then you cant get it! And without it, no demon scythe.
When I did it, I just went through a few worlds until you found one on the surface. It's actually very easy, there's a large chance there'll be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom