Sprites [Bullets]Smart Bullets (A cheaper version of the Chlorophyte Bullets)

Which recipe do you like the most

• Recipe #1

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Recipe #2

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Recipe #3

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other (what would it be?)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

shobiwan77

King Slime
Chlorophyte Bullets are one of the strongest bullets in the game, but, to me anyways, they are too expensive to use against normal enemies. Smart Bullets would be cheaper, but wouldn't track to nearly the same extent. Instead of totally changing direction to hit someone behind you, they would instead just slightly curve to hit enemies.

Smart Bullet
qmdRyJp.png

• Type: Ammunition
  • Damage: 9 (Ranged)
  • Knockback: 4 (Weak)
  • Velocity: 5
  • Sell: 8
    Copper_Coin.png
I couldn't decide on a recipe, so here are a few ideas. All of them are crafted at a work bench.

| Result | Ingredients
1 |
qmdRyJp.png
Smart Bullet (50) |
Empty_Bullet.png
Empty Bullet (50) +
Nanites.png
Nanites (1)
2 |
qmdRyJp.png
Smart Bullet (50) |
Empty_Bullet.png
Empty Bullet (50) +
Nanites.png
Nanites (1) +
Cog.png
Cog (1)
3 |
qmdRyJp.png
Smart Bullet (50) |
Empty_Bullet.png
Empty Bullet (50) +
Nanites.png
Nanites (1) +
Wire.png
Wire (1)

Reasoning for each recipe:
  1. This is what I'd like the recipe to be. To me the Nano Bullets aren't that useful, but the problem with this one is that its recipe is identical to them.
  2. This one is just a way to have the recipe be different from the Nano Bullet's one. Cogs were the next mechanical thing I could think of. As a side note the sprite for the Smart Bullet is a combination of the sprites for the Nano and High Velocity Bullets.
  3. Basically same thought process as the second recipe, but replacing the cog with wire because the Smart Bullets inherit no properties from the High Velocity Bullets.
As always, any feedback is appreciated.

If theyll be buyable I think the best nerf is just to change it to 8 damage. It can change the DPS drastically but I feel like thats the only suggestion I can think of. Other than that this idea is great!

If theyll be buyable I think the best nerf is just to change it to 8 damage. It can change the DPS drastically but I feel like thats the only suggestion I can think of. Other than that this idea is great!
I don't want them too weak, I mean 9 is already loaded than the 10's of Chlorophyte and Nano bullets. Only the musket bullets have a damage lower than 9 for bullets. Also the biggest nerf is that they curve to hit guys instead of tracking to hit guys.

Kinda hard for me to imagine but I assume its like it would only go in angle to about 90° max I guess if the enemy isnt straight ahead? If so then 9 is understanble

Kinda hard for me to imagine but I assume its like it would only go in angle to about 90° max I guess if the enemy isnt straight ahead? If so then 9 is understanble
I'll just make a graphic for it sometime within the next few days to show it's difference.

For recipe one, I think it could be an alternative to nano bullets in that both would be craftable but maybe it should also be made from less chlorophyte than chlorophyte bullets and it could confuse enemies for shorter amounts of time than nanos and have less homing than chlorophyte, Ie you get a balance.

The first recipe would make the most sense, and I'm tempted to say they could even be made to be the new effect of Nano Bullets, which are otherwise weak.

Back
Top Bottom