Butterfly?

DoubleOTJ

Terrarian
I'm not sure if ill get response seeing its been a while but, while in a solar eclispe i saw a butterfly with the name Butterfly? so i got my net and went to catch it. The moment i caught it i exploded, and died instantly. i wasnt sure how much health i had left. but it was pretty healthy. the explosion looked like a solar eclipse, and i tried looking everywhere for ir and i couldnt find it. Any ideas?

With a brand new account made today and this being your only post, I must confess I suspect this is made up.

If it isn't then yes it's probably a bug

One day I was playing terraria and a duck faced the screen and said ":red:" and then i died and the death message said "mrmcmo was killed by HEROBRINE????" WTFFFFFf

Depending on if you have the butterfly critters spawn from a statue, trying to catch a Butterfly from those will cause the critter to poof up in smoke. It is possible this might be what you saw as an explosion. If there was a Solar Eclipse going on also at the time, it is very likely a different enemy killed you while you were doing this.

With a brand new account made today and this being your only post, I must confess I suspect this is made up.

@Lord Garak

Please do not make callouts such as this. The age of a member's individual account is not a point which should be used to Throw the credibility of a member's post into question.
One day I was playing terraria and a duck faced the screen and said ":red:" and then i died and the death message said "mrmcmo was killed by HEROBRINE????" WTFFFFFf

@mrmcmo

Posts such as this which do not help contribute to the discussions are not appreciated on these Forums.

If you do not intend to seriously contribute to the discussion of a topic and to add off topic posts such as this to make fun of the discusison, you are better off not posting.

I didnt have a butterfly statue near, but it probably was a bug, i just thought it was a little inside joke from the developers or some sort of easter egg

I just had this happen too and went to the google to make sure I hadn't just imagined myself getting blown up by a tree nymph. Running Calamity and Thorium mods, plus recipe browser, boss list, and big stacks, not sure which may have done it ...

lol butterfly kill.png

Yep it was a mod, I was farming butterflies to get a golden butterfly, for Thorium mod's Butterfly Staff 5, when my game nearly froze and there were a whole bunch of explosive orange circles around me.
I survived that, due to a modded accessory which has a chance of reviving me to 20 hp if I take a fatal hit, but it happened again 5 minutes later and I died.

Back
Top Bottom