tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,451 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
-Terraria forums used "watched thread bug"!
-Its super effective.
-Celris used post at the thread again.

Yeah, I got attacked with the not-getting-notifications-bug-even-if-the-thread's-being-watched.
did I miss alot?

How on earth are you meant to kill the desert scourge before the eye of cthulu?
I personally find all the bosses on this mod to be several times harder than the suggested progression...I skip them until later and by that time their items are just not worth it. The desert scourge is much harder than the eater of worlds.

How on earth are you meant to kill the desert scourge before the eye of cthulu?
I personally find all the bosses on this mod to be several times harder than the suggested progression...I skip them until later and by that time their items are just not worth it. The desert scourge is much harder than the eater of worlds.
You build a small slightly elevated arena with a hole at the bottom. Then you just smack him a few times until he cries because he has no method of hitting you.

it really isn't that hard, anything that pierces will kill him quickly, his minions provide a small source of health, and jester arrows with a iron bow or higher make quick work of him, just make sure you have platforms to dodge him should he get far enough below ground to charge back up.

though i must admit on expert its a little ridiculous with his health and the fact you wont have much stuff pre-EoC, i only beat him because of tremors early summon armor and the fact that i had a decent spear weapon that i crafted at the time.

Well in expert, he's a post-EoC boss. Progression changes a tad bit on expert.
maybe, but over 8k on a boss thats meant to be fought before the eater of worlds, whose health is not too much higher, not to mention the scourge doesnt split, meaning that if you get caught by it, you can be juggled around its body segments until it passes, and also your health source is more limited to how often it spawns its minions.

maybe, but over 8k on a boss thats meant to be fought before the eater of worlds, whose health is not too much higher, not to mention the scourge doesnt split, meaning that if you get caught by it, you can be juggled around its body segments until it passes, and also your health source is more limited to how often it spawns its minions.
If you kill the slime king first on expert you could always just use his mount and basically never have to worry about him.

While you guys are saying its hard, the scourge was the first boss I defeated in my warrior playthrough on expert.
dont remember which items I used, I know I had an enchanted sword, life quartz claymore from thorium.

Back
Top Bottom