tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Thanks to @Graydee for this wonderful piece of world gen!

Not guaranteed for the next update, but it'll be in here eventually.
Awesome, but please tell me there are armors and accessories you can get from bosses and stuff one way or another, because it would be better if you had OP weapons and OP armor! I'd rather be op in everything than just one category, because what good is an op weapon if you get one shotted (is that even a word? lol) by everything.

@MountainDrew, I want to thank you for everything that you do. Your mod is amazing, though not as well-known as a Tremor or Thorium. But, unlike them, I see the development of this fashion, and feel his huge potential. I'm really happy to participate in the creation of fashion, albeit with a couple of sprites. Also, thank you for this opportunity. I was incredibly pleased to see the let'splay of this mod from HappyDays and see his videos my gem crawlers!

@MountainDrew, I want to thank you for everything that you do. Your mod is amazing, though not as well-known as a Tremor or Thorium. But, unlike them, I see the development of this fashion, and feel his huge potential. I'm really happy to participate in the creation of fashion, albeit with a couple of sprites. Also, thank you for this opportunity. I was incredibly pleased to see the let'splay of this mod from HappyDays and see his videos my gem crawlers!
While it is not as well known as Thorium or Tremor, it is still rather well known, just rather recent. There's 200 pages for a reason. Thorium and Tremor have been around a good while, course their more well known.

However, of said three mods, what are peoples favorites? After making this post, I am now curious. Still have not played this mod, but I'd still put it behind Thorium and above Tremor.

However, of said three mods, what are peoples favorites? After making this post, I am now curious. Still have not played this mod, but I'd still put it behind Thorium and above Tremor.

Hm... in my Terraria 30+ mods and i wait for relase yet 5.
If need some ranking, then Thorium - first (it's really great mod and have actively developing), Calamity - second (because it's not relase and mod no have all planned content), Tremor - third (good mod, but no have update long time - "old school" mod, but ugly in present days).

I also follow Thorium > Calamity > Tremor.

Thorium's just so good. Nails the vanilla feel almost perfectly, it's a dead ringer for an official update. Calamity, meanwhile, still very much feels like a "mod." It's the sprites, it's the inconsistent difficulty, it's the lore, just everything about it feels somehow disconnected from the main game, but it's still good. I use it all the time. Then there's... Tremor. Yeah, that one didn't impress me very much.

I don't like basing things around vanilla because, in my humble opinion, it's too damn easy. Even with Expert Mode I found it to be really simple.

I never said my aim was to mimic vanilla in any way, and it never will be. I'd rather have it be something that I envisioned myself and shaped by what the community thinks instead of sticking to the same tired formula.

That being said I thank you all for the compliments.

I think that there should be NPC's that move in after certain bosses are killed; Braelor for DoG and Plaguebringer Goliath, Statis for DoG and Slime God, Permafrost for Cryogen, and Calamitas for, well, Calamitas, and possibly Catastrophe and Cataclysm. Amidias could come after Desert Scourge.
EDIT: Unrelated to lore, I was thinking that there could be a Ninja post-King Slime that sells throwing weapons and accessories.

Last edited:
Perhaps a armor is in order?

Ashmane somehow related to Yharon.

A little backstory why not...

Ashmane Paladins are not kind as you think a Paladin would really be, the Ashmane served as loyal dogs under the Providences rule, blessed with a Holy fire they misused for malicious crusades across Terra.
Yharon was the first to receive this gift in return of that power, Yharon is to protect the Providence from threats and teach this army the way of flames.
Thus the creation of the Ashmane, students of Yharon and underlings of the Providence.
The it is your destiny to face the Providence , take on Yharon and learn how to fight fire with even more fire.

Ashmane Armor
Ashmane_Armor.png

Ashmane Mask
27 Defense
+9% Critical Strike chance
+ 14% Damage
+5% Chance to inflict Holy Fire

Ashmane Chestguard
30 Defense
+8% Damage
+11% Melee Speed

Ashmane Leggings
28 Defense
+20% Movement speed

SET BONUS: Hitting enemies sometimes causes a righteous hammer to fall atop their head , dealing 65 Base Damage. This Hammer casts "Judgement" upon the foe, when the effect ends it explodes the target violently with dousing nearby enemies in Holy Fire.
Righteous_Hammer.png

Resprites

Gamma Fullisade
GammaFusillade.png

Darklight Greatsword ---> Lights Brink
DarklightGreatsword.png

Attachments

• Ashmane_Armor.png
    Ashmane_Armor.png
    872 bytes · Views: 293
Last edited:
Perhaps a armor is in order?

Ashmane Armor(WIP Sprite)
View attachment 143965

Ashmane Mask
27 Defense
+9% Critical Strike chance
+ 14% Damage

Ashmane Chestguard
30 Defense
+8% Damage
+11% Melee Speed

Ashmane Leggings
28 Defense
+20% Movement speed

SET BONUS: Hitting enemies sometimes causes a righteous hammer to fall atop their head , dealing 65 Base Damage. This Hammer casts "Judgement" upon the foe, when the effect ends it explodes the target violently with dousing nearby enemies in Holy Fire.
View attachment 143968

Resprites

Gamma Fullisade ---> Reactor Beam
View attachment 143967
Darklight Greatsword ---> Twilight Claymore
View attachment 143966
Gamma Fusillade sounds way cooler than Reactor Beam tbh. And the attack's more like a fusillade(a series of shots fired or missiles thrown all at the same time or in quick succession.) than a beam anyways. Other than that, what class of armour is the Ashmane one going to be?

Back
Top Bottom