tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I need some help with the hellcaster fragments. Im have been farming them for a long time now and couldn't actually get a single one. What bosses do i need to defeat before they start to drop, or what i need to do before they start to drop???
The mod has updated so they can only be dropped from Yharon.

Hey @MountainDrew just let me know if you decide to make any changes to the Terra Edge or Tyrant Yharim's Ultisword recipes, so I can update my cross mod versions of the recipes ASAP.

Also let me know if you ever add new recipies that involve the True Bloody Edge(or even the regular Bloody Edge) so I can add the cross mod compatibility for them too! ;)

Also I know Tremor is a little bit infamous of a mod, but for the sake of cross mod compatibility I made True Blood Carnage versions of the recipes I showed on the previous page, and I also remembered to add a 2nd version with takes Ichor Flasks in place of Cursed Flame Flasks for Tyrant Yharim's Ultisword recipe.

I'll be releasing the mod update soon in my thread, but I figured I would mention this to MountainDrew.

Where do you find Crimulan Blight Slimes? I'm at the Crimson and never seen any of those. (Have Thorium, Tremor and Recipe Browser as mods additionally)

I'm trying to fight the slime god on expert, this char is pre hardmode tho I used builder's workshop to get my gear (I lost the character when I tried to move my char from y laptop to my pc so I made a new one). Its absolutely slaughtering me, I've killed every other prehardmode boss now including ones from thorium and tremor. How am I supposed to beat this thing?

I'm trying to fight the slime god on expert, this char is pre hardmode tho I used builder's workshop to get my gear (I lost the character when I tried to move my char from y laptop to my pc so I made a new one). Its absolutely slaughtering me, I've killed every other prehardmode boss now including ones from thorium and tremor. How am I supposed to beat this thing?
Is he that difficult? I haven't fought him. My friend and i are playing multiplayer, we didn't even do Skeletron yet.
Right now very infuriated, somehow all mod-specific items were wiped off our World, all the bars and stuff we farmed.

Is he that difficult? I haven't fought him. My friend and i are playing multiplayer, we didn't even do Skeletron yet.
Right now very infuriated, somehow all mod-specific items were wiped off our World, all the bars and stuff we farmed.
It killed me in a few seconds and I have lot of turtle gear. bronze armour, obsidian shield, worm scarf, worm tooth, flight wings, and lightning boots. all warding. I used an endurance potion, regen potion, iron skin, all stats and regen up food, and I was near a fire place. it can inflict curse for about ten seconds, fly above you suddenly (if you're flying over it that means it goes through you and hits you) and can inflict a debuff that makes you float around in the air. It does seem like quite the glass canon however as I took out 1/4 of one of the god's health in the small amount of time I was fighting them.

I find that having very high mobility helps, trying to avoid being hit by the two enormous slimes and the slime god itself. It's definitely a challenging fight and the debuffs they put on you are pretty nasty and will kill you or cause you to die. I find having a combination of high vertical, but even better horizontal mobility is very helpful.

I find that having very high mobility helps, trying to avoid being hit by the two enormous slimes and the slime god itself. It's definitely a challenging fight and the debuffs they put on you are pretty nasty and will kill you or cause you to die. I find having a combination of high vertical, but even better horizontal mobility is very helpful.
whenever I get to far away from them they have some kind of catch up mechanic and they just jump right on top of me

whenever I get to far away from them they have some kind of catch up mechanic and they just jump right on top of me
Yes, it's very similar to how the special, biome-specific mimics act. Once they do get above you, try to keep going in the direction you're going horizontally and drop as quickly as you can vertically. I guess the key is to not stop moving and always be aware of the slime's positions so you know how to dodge and when. If it attacks from directly under you and you don't have a lot of momentum, you may be able to escape with a well timed hook, but I haven't been able to pull it off.

Could you nerf the ice bolt so it disappears after it goes a certain distance because I can get it very early on an be able to easily find sky islands.

Could you nerf the ice bolt so it disappears after it goes a certain distance because I can get it very early on an be able to easily find sky islands.

You can use the Water Bolt to do the exact same thing. Funny, since that's a vanilla weapon, meaning it's not a Mod Weapon. Also, Meteor Shots, vanilla ammunition, can do the same thing. In other words, ricocheting projectiles, modded or vanilla, being used as a convenient way to find Sky Islands isn't relatively new.

So I'm new to Terraria modding and I'm playing with some mods like Calamity, Thorium and Tremor. I just noticed there's a new Calamity version, so I went to update it with tmodloader. Searched Calamity in the mod browser and pressed update. Now in my installed mod lists it went from v1.1.6.16 to v1.1.6.15 (although in the mod browser it said v1.1.6.17). Did I do anything wrong? Is is just a visual bug and it is correctly updated to v1.1.6.17? Should I just uninstall the mod and install it again with the new version? Thanks.

Edit: oh and if someone has any tips for Leviathan that'd be great. That giant :red: just flies up to me and destroys me in 3s although I have beetle armor and really good wings and accesories.

Tried out the new slime god in my expert modded playthrough,

20170103023410_1.jpg

It's fun, if a bit on the "You're gonna need a nazar" side. :p

oh and if someone has any tips for Leviathan that'd be great. That giant :red: just flies up to me and destroys me in 3s although I have beetle armor and really good wings and accesories.

Not much to say other than use buff potions (the best ones or the ones you can currently make) and git gud. It even took me around 17 - 20 tries before I could kill the Leviathan (and this was on EXPERT MODE, mind you) and even then, half of the time I was studying the Leviathan's patterns instead of battling her directly as to get a good grip on gaining the upper hand for future battles.

If looked at carefully, the Leviathan battle is the Twins battle on steroids, Retinazer going pure bullet hell mode with Spazmatism becoming the second largest boss and going pure tank mode.

If you're still stuck and need a useful tip for later encounters, here's one grabbed straight from the boss' description straight from the OP:
Being underwater or wet makes the Leviathan and her lure less aggressive.

Not much to say other than use buff potions (the best ones or the ones you can currently make) and git gud. It even took me around 17 - 20 tries before I could kill the Leviathan (and this was on EXPERT MODE, mind you) and even then, half of the time I was studying the Leviathan's patterns instead of battling her directly as to get a good grip on gaining the upper hand for future battles.

If looked at carefully, the Leviathan battle is the Twins battle on steroids, Retinazer going pure bullet hell mode with Spazmatism becoming the second largest boss and going pure tank mode.

If you're still stuck and need a useful tip for later encounters, here's one grabbed straight from the boss' description straight from the OP:

Yeah I'm also on expert mode, and I'm using like every buff potion. I guess I should do what the OP says and stay in the water lol. I just don't like fighting in the water because of the visibility and movement issues.

I just thought it's weird because I've killed Golem, Plaguebringer and Abyssion which apparently are supposed to be harder, but Leviathan basically killed me in 2 hits.

Back
Top Bottom