tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
20170117062118_1.jpg

First death, to what else but leviathan?

Sure I died... BUT DAMMIT I TOOK THAT OVERSIZED FISH WITH ME!

Also heres an earlier image of the lure in the aquatic depths.

20170117060709_1.jpg

Jeez, here we go again. Here's what I'll say.

Night's Ray: Seriously? Overpowered? The weapon is great for mobs and such Prehardmode, but in Hardmode, you're better saving it for the Terra Ray and the more preferable Elemental Ray because it does chip damage every single time. Even a Skeleton Archer barely takes a good hit.

Leviathan battle: While it's a good tip to use the minimap to find the Leviathan and being wet/underwater to make both bosses less aggressive, it's best to view the entire fight as the Twins battle on steroids. Just doing that (i.e focusing on killing Retinazer/Siren Lure while occasionally checking the minimap for Spazmatism/Leviathan) managed me to nail the thing in Davy Jones' Locker in around 3 tries.

Yharon: Mixing what Drew said about both criticized bosses, it's best to attack Yharon, use the minimap to find him if you lost track of where he was, and if the battle becomes too much, flee, but return quickly. This is coming from a person who not only beat Yharon, but did so on Expert Mode, making it worse with the stacked Demon Trophy and the Celestial Onion buffs, just for a pair of wings.
Alright. Some of these aren't even criticism. Some people just need to get better at the game and understand the boss mechanics that are employed here.

Leviathan: Open your damn minimap and look for the head icon. Makes the fight a lot easier.

Yharon: Leave the Jungle for 5 seconds or so and he won't enrage if the projectiles are all over your screen. You have 10 freaking seconds whenever you exit before he enrages, this timer also resets when you reenter the Jungle, use them wisely. Use better equipment to boost your HP so he doesn't cut off a giant chunk of your HP when he hits you...a better alternative is to not get hit.

Seriously not amused. The only thing being changed with ANY of the bosses in the next update is that the Hive Mind, Perforators, and Cryogen get mad when you exit their respective biomes and certain ones are being made immune to most debuffs.

The bosses are not that hard, they're meant to take more than just one try.

Magic weapons are most likely not going to be changed at ALL after discussion with my team.

it is good to see what creator and veterans of the mod think about everything on the discussion. everyone just gotta remember this is still WIP so it's our duty to talk about reasonable changes and bug reports. I'm really looking forward to play this mod. MountainDrew, If you see this, GG and good work
[doublepost=1484662404,1484662228][/doublepost]
View attachment 156250

First death, to what else but leviathan?

Sure I died... BUT DAMMIT I TOOK THAT OVERSIZED FISH WITH ME!

Also heres an earlier image of the lure in the aquatic depths.

View attachment 156251

GG pal. really liked that "IF I DIE,I'LL BRING YOU INTO THE ABYSS WITH ME!"-esque moment. must've been epic and satisfying, eh?
[doublepost=1484662631][/doublepost]
He won't. It's still considered a snow biome even with crimson and corruption in it y'know.

As for all the other comments...I don't know what to say. I can defeat Yharon just fine with standard Calamity endgame gear, barring a few deaths due to my crap dodging skills. The tornadoes rather obviously only spawn when the small NON-DAMAGING mini tornadoes hit something or their time runs out.
getting loads of tips for my future playthroug of this mod, thanks to you all of this thread

it is good to see what creator and veterans of the mod think about everything on the discussion. everyone just gotta remember this is still WIP so it's our duty to talk about reasonable changes and bug reports. I'm really looking forward to play this mod. MountainDrew, If you see this, GG and good work
[doublepost=1484662404,1484662228][/doublepost]

GG pal. really liked that "IF I DIE,I'LL BRING YOU INTO THE ABYSS WITH ME!"-esque moment. must've been epic and satisfying, eh?
[doublepost=1484662631][/doublepost]
getting loads of tips for my future playthroug of this mod, thanks to you all of this thread
Next time please edit your post instead of posting 3 times in a row, please.
Another tip for Yharon: Get a RoD, helps alot with dodging the Flarenados ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys i need some help please! How do i get Depth Blade? And how to get Storm Saber? (I cant find anything that is Cloud Elemental)

Nice work. just build the Soma prime. anyway xd very nice to see an warframe weapon there soma is also my favorite weapon in there ^-^
[doublepost=1484695361,1484695298][/doublepost]
Plaguebringer Goliath downed.

View attachment 156284

Got the Malevolence bow off its loot bag, I wonder how it'll do against ye olde fishderp.
deeph blade drops in the ocean just kill enemies in there and it will drop.

What? I'm not looking for a depth blade... Did you quote the wrong person?

Even when @Terra Branford wins....he doesn't. :naughty::p

It still counted as me beating the boss, so I took the treasure bag and moved on.
I'm currently post moonlord now in that character, and my one and only death is that one to leviathan.

Depth Blade: Sharks
Storm Saber: Cloud Elementals (they spawn during rain in space)
Much appreciated!
By the way, i really enjoy playing this mod because of one distinctive feature it has: almost every single item in this mod is purely unique with their own effects. And now having so much items in the mod why not adding a few other features, such as NPCs, mb a few decorative things and stuff to make all the things connected together? (This is just my suggestion)

It still counted as me beating the boss, so I took the treasure bag and moved on.
I'm currently post moonlord now in that character, and my one and only death is that one to leviathan.

I was referring to a Mario Kart 8 video where Luigi wins 1st place and gets hit by a Green Shell while he's celebrating. It's called, "Even when Luigi wins, he doesn't." :p

can i ask what the drop chance is for sharks to drop the depth blade? because on my calamity + thorium world i got it from my first kill.

I think the planetary annihilation needs an immediate nerf, went from being destroyed by the plague bringer goliath to killing the ragnarok from the thorium mod with ease

Back
Top Bottom