tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Probably a silly, silly question, but when is the ETA for getting the new content onto the mod browser? I'm kinda paranoid about direct-downloads for most modding things anymore, so been waiting to play all of Calamity's latest updates until it gets there ^^;

Probably a silly, silly question, but when is the ETA for getting the new content onto the mod browser? I'm kinda paranoid about direct-downloads for most modding things anymore, so been waiting to play all of Calamity's latest updates until it gets there ^^;

Its too large to be on the modbrowser. It has to be manually put on there by Jopojelly and he can't be doing that all the time. Direct download is much more manageable until updates slow down enough for it to be even on the modbrowser.

Some feedback on balance now that I've entered hardmode:
Early on I found the depth blade from sharks, and it was very powerful. It's probably the best melee weapon pre hardmode, hands down. I still stopped using it after the brain of cthulu fight though, because melee is just that bad in this game, honestly. You need some huge rewards to justify getting within pixels of enemies that can do things like freeze, confuse, or curse you. Not to mention the raw damage you'll take, and getting knocked around pre-dungeon. I'd say it's a good benchmark for where melee weapons should be around the first 3 boss fights if you want them to be competitive with things like frostfire arrows. Later melee weapons need to scale up even more. Oh, the mandible claw was also passable at first, but quickly became too dangerous to use because the range was so awful. Depth blade was doing comparable damage with better range.

The desert destroyer was an excellent first boss, very fun to fight and try different methods on.

The other earlyish weapons (aerialite and the ones that drop from desert destroyer) weren't very useful by comparison. I was able to afford a minishark very quickly, and explosives are very good vs the worm type bosses. Meteorshots + minishark is very powerful up until the perferators or so. Though I actually found myself mostly using the opal striker instead, which was about the same tier, but more fun with it's slower projectiles and burst fire. And also I've used the minishark a billion times before because it's OP. I liked the designs of some of the other stuff like the tradewinds or the seashell boomerangs, but they just didn't have enough damage to cut it. The boomerangs look impressive when you spam them out, but they're competing with ranged weapons that do the same damage and fire twice as fast without breaking my mouse. Stuff like the swords and spears are much better than the vanilla stuff, but still super outclassed and not really an option for the new, tougher bosses. Try killing the queen bee on expert with a spore dagger or caustic edge- basically hopeless unless you built a massive arena for her. Which is a shame, because they look really cool. The Victide armour was really nice for that fight though, I like it's concept, very cool. The Aerialite armour is also very very good, I wore it until I got the gel armour. Harpy ring is a nice accessory as well, and between those I was satisfied with having mined and experimented with all the new stuff thus far.

I got a Plasma Rod early on as well, it made the fast ranged weapons and the depth blade even better by lowering the defense of bosses, as well as doing some decent DoT as well. Was especially helpful vs the enranged phase of the queen bee.

I initially killed the Perferator with the Night's Ray, but found that too easy so I went and did it again with the lunarian bow. Much harder, but still too easy, so I tried a bunch of stuff and pulled it off eventually with the opal striker + plasma rod. I tried bee gun but that mostly wasted time chasing all the little worms and stuff. Perferator seems to be all about having a proper arena set up to keep the worms helplessly below you, and having enough movespeed to dodge the rain of spines. I found it nearly impossible at first until I set myself up for a good +50% movespeed or so. The weapons that dropped here I mostly didn't even try out. I did try the tooth balls, hoping they'd be like higher damage goblin spikes, but they only hit one or twice like shurikens, making them too weak to be viable really.

Used the eviscerator to kill skeletron, he was a relatively easy fight compared to perferator. Minishark probably would have done the trick nicely as well, but the eviscerator let me do a lot of damage to the head before the hands even died, which was cool. Not really a good weapon otherwise though, it's just too slow.

Aside from the Night's Ray, the Lunarian bow is also pretty overwhelming. Between the fire rate and doubled shots, it's practically a megashark tier weapon. 40+ damage at a super high fire rate with basically perfect accuracy. Unless the next boss drops something amazing, I'll probably use it to kill the mecha bosses as well. I like the 'rain' type magic weapons (hellwing staff and bloody rain) but they lack the damage they'd need to be viable considering the mana costs. The eldritch tome that dropped off the slime god is a neat idea, but too weak. Feels like something that should have dropped from perferator instead.

The Slime God is really, really strong. Much stronger than the wall of flesh. Between the curse effects and gravity distortion I often lose half my health right off the bat before I can even get any distance from them. I can win the fight with the lunarian bow, but just barely; things get really dicey when you get a bit of bad luck and start floating helplessly. On the other hand, the rewards for fighting it... don't really matter. The gel weapons are basically slightly better hellstone weapons; obsolete before you even fight the slime god (good luck fighting him without hellstone weapons unless you completely cheese the fight with a mirror or something.) And I can't even use the ore. The gel darts are a notable exception; they're actually not too bad with the armor set making the ammo basically infinite. Still a lot weaker than the Lunarian Bow, but probably still a notch above the phoenix blaster, which would likely be the next best thing. The armour itself is basically molten armour with the extra minion since I'm not going to be using throwing weapons, but I find myself avoiding summons too because they give enemies invincibility frames vs my stronger attacks. I'll definitely be switching to cobalt armour ASAP in hardmode. Though I'll keep the gel stuff in the vanity slots because it looks awesome. I haven't tried the gooshot either yet, if it's a shotgun that fires a decent number of pellets at a fast rate, it might be an option as well. The gel firing gun that the boss dropped was cool, but also way too weak to be useful at that point. Not enough hits vs a single target to be effective. It'd make an okay weapon vs the perferator maybe, for killing the worms ASAP, if that was a thing you wanted to try. Though you'd be better off using explosives in that case I think.

Wall of Flesh was a total pushover, the bow annihilates him very quickly, and he does about ~50 less damage than the slime god does with it's ranged attacks, and he doesn't even cause status effects. I'm fine with that though, because building the hallway to fight him is half the battle, and it's an annoying chore to make it super long for a tougher fight.
Overall, had a lot of fun so far, looking forward to the rest.

Since MountainDrew said a few pages back there was a lack of feedback on weapons. I figured I'd make a list of my opinions on most of the weapons in the mod. I tried to look at all the perks and downsides of each one, but obviously its colored by my bias and playstyle.

The list is split up into the rough order I figure you'd find them in. Marked by "=== (tier name) ===" I split it into three sections. Overpowered, underpowered, and the rest. Each weapon has a comment on my opinion of em as well as a score. I feel that weapons scoring 0-4 are just too weak. With the lower ones needing more buffs. 10-11 are for the OP ones. With 11s being especially overpowered. I generally tried to rank them compared to each other rather than vanilla weapons.

I avoided scoring weapons that are getting nerfed next patch, as well as post supreme calamitas weapons. As the latter are meant to be rewards for beating the mod and balance doesn't really matter there.

I also found a few weapons with bugs that prevented me from scoring them, so I made a section for them as well.

=== Surface Tier ===

=== Cave Tier ===

- Depth Blade: A phenomenally strong weapon. It can kill most prehardmode enemies in a single hit due to the debuff and deal massive damage to bosses. While it has the range of a broad sword that is hardly a limitation to its overwhelming power. 11/10

=== Desert Scourge Down ===

=== EoC Down ===

=== Broke Shadow Orb ===

=== Meteor Tier ===

=== Aerialite Ore Tier ===

=== Goblins Down ===

=== Jungle Tier ===

=== Hive Mind/Perferators Down ===

=== Dungeon Tier ===

=== Hell Tier ===

- Hellwing Staff: For a weapon so cheaply crafted the hellwing staff is extremely strong. High dps, can hit anywhere on the screen, incredibly good crowd control, ignores terrain, lets you find caves... its sole weakness of a high mana cost doesn't really matter when it tends to obliterate everything and get lots of mana stars. 10/10

=== Slime God Down ===

=== WoF Down ===

=== Early Hardmode ===

- Heart Rapier: An incredibly powerful weapon. While not the highest in damage. The fact it heals 8 hp per hit regardless of damage done enables it to outheal almost any source of damage at the time it's made and some time after. Especially when combined with melee speed bonuses. 10/10

- Ancient Crusher: I feel this weapon straddles the line between overpowered and extremely useful. It's pretty bad against flying enemies but has some of the highest dps of early hard mode weapons and utterly destroys ground based enemies. While personally I feel it leans towards overpowered I might be wrong on this one. 10/10

- Crystal Flare Staff: Extremely overpowered in my opinion. It has single target dps that is many tiers ahead of itself, incredible crowd control, and fast projectiles. While its range is a bit limited that barely holds back its immense power. 11/10

=== Pirates Down ===

=== Cryogen Down ===

- Bittercold Staff: I feel this one is a bit overpowered. While its overall dps is similar to the shade crystal barrage. The ability to better pierce enemy defense, keep targets knocked back, and apply a debuff makes it simply better than all the other magic weapons of this tier. 10/10

=== Cryonic Ore Tier ===

=== Meches Down ===

- Infernal Rift: I feel this weapon is overpowered. Its dps is extremely high due to the second wave of terrain ignoring tridents. Which also gives is very powerful crowd control along with it's powerful debuff. 10/10

=== Perennial Ore Tier ===

=== Calamitas Down ===

=== Tier 2 Eclipse ===

=== Profaned Crags Tier ===

- Brimstone Furry: Extremely overpowered. Its arrows have multi hit, incredible speed, no drop, and the ability to use any arrows let it use the highest damage possible to boost its immense damage potential even higher. 11/10

- Brimblade: An extremely powerful throwing weapon that has immense dps for its tier especially when used against bosses due to the blade split. It also has powerful crowd control due to the blade burst and debuff. 10/10

=== Hardmode Jungle Tier ===

=== Plantera Down ===

=== Eclipse Tier 3 (Terra Tier) ===

=== Hardmode Dungeon Tier ===

- Aeries: I gotta say I find this one overpowered. The fact it heals every shot based on damage while having a high natural fire rate and being ranged make it very easy to break the game if using an evasive attack build. 10/10

- Triploon: Out dpses just about every weapon in the tier by a large margin. I definitely feel this one needs to be nerfed. 10/10

=== Chaotic Ore Tier ===

- Helstorm: Kinda overpowered in my opinion. Using just basic bullets it can match most of the tier in fire. And when using special bullets it can deal massive amounts of damage while having great flexibility. 10/10

=== Bar of Life Tier ===

=== Core Tier ===

=== Leviathan Down ===

- Siren's Song: I feel this one is just too strong. It not only has high firepower with just basic notes. But the super notes linger on the battle field even if they miss. Creating a minefield of extremely powerful notes that is almost unmatched in damage against large targets and groups. 10/10

=== Golem Down ===

=== Goliath Down ===

- Diseased Pike: Way too strong. Its single target dps is nearly double the rest of the tier and its crowd control abilities allow it to reduce any fodder mob to dust. The fact its projectiles home in just seals the deal. 11/10

=== Uelibloom Tier ===

=== Martians Down ===

=== Pumpkin Moon Down ===

=== Frost Moon Down ===

=== Cultist Down ===

- Stardust Staff: Overpowered in my opinion. The Extremely high single target damage combined with immense crowd control makes it stand above almost every other weapon of the tier. 10/10

=== Nebula Tower ===

=== Vortex Tower ===

- Vortexpopper: I feel this one is just too strong. When used with powerful homming or splitting bullets. The resulting hell of projectiles propels it to easily double the dps of the rest of the tier. 11/10

=== Solar Tower ===

=== Galatctica Tier 1 ===

=== Moonlord Down ===

=== Galatctica Tier 2 (elemental)===

=== Profaned Enemies ===

=== Providence Down ===

=== Devourer Minions Down ===

=== Devourer Down ===

=== Yharon Down ===

=== Surface Tier ===

=== Cave Tier ===

- Aquatic Discharge: A limited weapon. Its useless against just about everything but walkers like every other short sword. And its ability to make electrical shocks is somewhat harmed by its high knockback which tends to make it hard to burst down one enemy. 4/10

- Redtide Sword: Not a fan of this one. The dps is much worse than the spear and nearly the same as the boomerangs which have range on it. While the arc helps with bats it feels weak compared to the other weapons. 4/10

=== EoC Down ===

- Harvest Staff: Kinda underpowered in my opinion. its single target firepower is very lacking and since it can only pierce one enemy its crowd control is somewhat lacking as well. I feel it could use some additional power or piercing, or set enemies on fire like its tool tip suggests. 4/10

=== Broke Shadow Orb ===

=== Meteor Tier ===

- Wind Blade: Same place as the Redtide sword. Too much worse than the spear for it to really be useful. 4/10

=== Goblins Down ===

- Plasma Rod: A bit on the weak side in my opinion. The DOT effect doesn't deal all that much damage and the ichor effect lasts a very short time. The awkward burst also makes it hard to land multiple hits (or even a single hit sometimes). Personally I like its mechanics, but feel it could use a little power boost. 4/10

=== Jungle Tier ===

- Spore Knife: Same issues as the aquatic discharge but the spore cloud is a bit better. 4/10

- Rot/Tooth Ball: An iffy thrower weapon. The third pierce doesn't really make up for the fact it deals less dps than the feather knives. 4/10

=== Dungeon Tier ===

- Corrupt/Crimson Crusher Blade: Just a generic broadsword. Which by the time you beat skeletron unfortunately means it doesn't really stand out in any way from the mod's other melee weapons. 4/10

- Ancient Shiv: Same as the other two. 4/10

=== Hell Tier ===

- Bloody Edge: While the healing effect is nice. The lack of reliability of it and the sword being substantially weaker than many others encountered before it give this sword little use outside of being used for its upgrade. 3/10

=== Slime God Down ===

- Goobow: Definitely the worst of the slime god's weapons. The bow itself is totally unremarkable and its damage for when it's obtained is rather low. 4/10

=== WoF Down ===

=== Early Hardmode ===

- Cobalt Kunai: I don't really like these. They come after the gel darts but are much worse. 2/10

- Paladium Javelin: Not as bad as the kunai but still underwhelming. 4/10

- Mythril Knife: More direct firepower and a nice debuff in return for no piercing compared to the slime knives. I still feel these are underpowered compared to other early HM weapons. 4/10

- Adamantite Throwing Axe: While a decent weapon I feel it could use some buffs to match up to the titanium shuriken. As otherwise titanium has a massive bonus for throwers. 5/10

=== Pirates Down ===

=== Cryogen Down ===

- Effluvium Bow: Kinda underpowered I think. While the ability to freeze enemies is nice it can't pierce. So its stunlock potential is limited and its single target damage is rather low for this tier. 4/10

- Icebreaker: Kinda weak in my opinion. Its single target dps isn't that good and melee has better options for crowd control. It can do decent against crowds on the return throw but it's a lot of effort for when better weapons can do the same with less work. 4/10

=== Cryonic Ore Tier ===

- Astral Blaster: Pretty weak. Its slow single shot just doesn't deal enough damage even with it's debuff to be relevant. 3/10

=== Meches Down ===

- Hellkite: Pretty bad for its tier. Low damage and no projectile along with a weak give this sword very little use aside from being cheap to make. 3/10

=== Calamitas Down ===

- Crushsaw Crasher: Pretty bad in my opinion. Its single target damage is hard to achieve as the claws and the axe usually cancel each other out. And even with that it isn't very impressive. Its multi target abilities are similarly bad with only two pierces even with a debuff. 3/10

- Brimstone Flameblaster: Underpowered in my opinion. Its single target damage is horrible and its easily overshadowed by other weapons for crowd control. Some niche use to the high number of bounces but there are better weapons to use. 4/10

=== Tier 2 Eclipse ===

- True Excalibur Shortsword: I'm not a fan of this weapon at all. While its dps isn't terrible and the piercing is nice. It still falls behind other weapons and I find the rapid number of clicks to max out its damage very unfun to use. 3/10

- True Night's Stabber: Same issue as the Excalibur short sword, but feels much more comfortable to use due to the 50% slower attack speed. 4/10

- True Bloody Edge: Not that good in my opinion. The swords dps isn't that good. The slow projectiles don't have the best use as ranged attacks. And because only the sword heals and not the projectiles, and only by small amounts, that is nearly a non factor. 4/10

- Burning Sea: Somewhat weak compared to the other weapons of the tier. Its single target damage is pretty bad and only piercing 4 targets isn't particularly good crowd control at this tier. The homing feature while cool, don't really increase its dps. 4/10

=== Plantera Down ===

- Magna Striker: Pretty bad for its tier. While its a direct upgrade to the opal striker its overall dps is just far too low to be useful at this tier. 3/10

- Temporal Floe Sword: Not really worth using. Having to grind for both ice cores and a broken hero sword when you could make a better terra weapon just doesn't give it much use. 4/10

=== Chaotic Ore Tier ===

- Greatbow of Turmoil: Not that good. Its specific arrows limit its versatility and it doesn't have the dps to make up for it. 4/10

- Hellfire Flamberg: Not very good. It's weaker than swords than come earlier and has no special edge. 4/10

=== Bar of Life Tier ===

=== Core Tier ===

- Abyss Blade: Not very good. The debuff is more or less useless in hardmode and the sword doesn't deal enough damage to stand out. 4/10

=== Leviathan Down ===

- Leviatitan: Not that good. By the time its available its inability to use ammo and useless debuff make it fall behind the pack. 4/10

- Lure of Enthrallment: Terrible. Does around 100 dps when most other weapons are dealing around 800-1100. It has a little bit of support knockback but it doesn't even do that well. 1/10

=== Golem Down ===

- Soul Harvester: Kinda weak in my opinion. Both its single target and crowd control damage is pretty low. And plague only helps so much with its very low base damage. 4/10

- Plague Staff: Not worth it in my opinion. Its damage is just too low compared to the previous tier of crowd control weaponry. 4/10

=== Goliath Down ===

=== Uelibloom Tier ===

- Hellion Flower Spear: Really bad. Its much worse than a lot of spears which came earlier. 2/10

- Gamma Fusillade: Somewhat weak. Even against targets with no defense it doesn't deal that much damage. And its ultra rapid fire attacks cause defense to hurt its attack badly unless combined with defense down debufs. 4/10

=== Martians Down ===

- Wingman: Rather weak. It has no piercing and its dps is worse than a lot of previous weapons. 3/10

- Charged Dart Blaster: Does worse dps than a dart rifle with cursed darts despite being made out of it. 1/10

=== Frost Moon Down ===

=== Cultist Down ===

=== Nebula Tower ===

- Xeroc Pitchfork: A bit weak in my opinion. Thrower already has much better options for single target damage and it isn't even the best at multi target damage due to its low damage rate. 4/10

=== Vortex Tower ===

=== Solar Tower ===

=== Moonlord Down ===

- Spectralstorm Cannon: Its a crowd control weapon through and through. Although given this point in the game is mostly bosses, this weapon suffers somewhat from a lack of usefulness. 4/10

- Elemental Axe: Not very good compared to the rest of its tier. The axes have a tendency to drift away from their target and their piercing attacks prevent groups of them from being that effective. 4/10

- Elemental Blaster: Kinda weak compared to the rest of the tier. Despite being a ranged weapon it deals significantly less damage than the elemental melee weapons at range. 4/10

=== Profaned Enemies ===

- Energy Staff: Does about 350 dps when other weapons are doing several thousand. 0/10

=== Providence Down ===

Providence seems to drop very underwhelming weapons in general. With tower tier and early galactic weapons being comparable or better.

Blissful Bombardier: Pretty bad. Its damage isn't really high enough to be that effective against bosses and other weapons do crowd control better. 2/10

Molten Amputator: Same problems as the bombard but not as severe. 3/10

Holy Collider: Same as the other two. 3/10

Purge Guzzler: Probably the best weapon providence drops but still underwhelming. 4/10

The Storm: Hard to aim in exchange for dps that isn't even that good. The storm is a very lacking weapon. 2/10

Mirror Blade: An interesting concept. But its ranged attack is just too weak to take advantage of it in most circumstances. 3/10

=== Devourer Down ===

The majority of these weapons are good mechanically, but lack the damage to compete with other weapons of the tier.

- Excelsus: Dps isn't terrible but is hard to use on fast targets and requires you to get into melee range to use the storm of projectiles. 4/10

- Essence Flayer: Plain ol underwhelming. It's dps isn't that good and crowd control is done better by other weapons. 3/10

- The Enforcer: Low dps and needs to get into a very short range to deal any damage. 3/10

- The Obliterator: A good weapon limited by low dps. 4/10

- Galaxia: Very underwhelming damage. Although it has some non combat utility. 3/10

- Deathwind: A great bow, but needs more dps to be useful. 4/10

- Executioner's Blade: Same deal as the Yo-Yo and bow. 4/10

=== Yharon Down ===

- Dragon's Breath: Doesn't really deal enough damage to be worth using over other weapons of the tier. Although it would be a very good weapon otherwise. 4/10

- Profaned Trident: Very underwhelming damage and projectile compared to the other weapons in the tier. 3/10

- Dragon Rage: Same problem as dragon's breath, good weapon but not enough damage. 4/10

- Teardrop Cleaver: The weapon causes any enemy hit that isn't immune to temporal sadness to permanently lose the ability to deal damage (I've been told this isn't a bug but is this really its function? Seems really overpowered this way)

- Phoenix Blade: Never spawns healing orbs (not actually bugged just me being blind)

- Brimlash and Brimlash Buster: When aiming directly up, down, left, or right, the brimstone bolts instantly explode

Not too sure how useful this last list will be as their all properly balanced, but I've included it just in case.

=== Surface Tier ===

- Sun Spirit Staff: A decent early game weapon, not the highest damage but it can help with annoying early game enemies like bats or groups of slimes. 5/10

- Winter's Furry: It's... interesting? The DPS is very high for such a cheap weapon but it's hard to aim and is worthless in caves. Personally I have issues doing anything meaningful with it. But that might just be me sucking at predicting where enemies will go. 5/10

- Flash Rounds: Powerful early game crowd control. While the bullets are a little on the costly side. The large AOE confusion and lack of prehardmode confusion res makes it a very solid choice in my option. 9/10

=== Cave Tier ===

- Marnite Obliterator: I know this isn't technically a weapon, but I feel the need to mention it. The dps is very high for an early game weapon which makes it an interesting choice if you can deal with its nonexistant range. 7/10

- Marnite Rifle Spear: One of the best early game weapons in my opinion. The ranged damage is already high for its tier but its bayonet gives it immense close range firepower. A bit risky due to rangers usually having low defense. But not much can survive long enough at that range to be a threat. 9/10

- Marnite Spear: A decent early game spear. It has good dps for its tier but its range is pretty low for a spear. An interesting choice but I feel the rifle outclasses it at close range, as it's difficult to take advantage of it's piercing due to the tiny range. 6/10

- Mandible Bow: A platinum bow with much higher velocity and knockback. A great help to rangers who struggle with bats or leading the target. 6/10

- Mandible Claws: Suuuuper fast and high dps in return for suuuuper short range. I'm not realy a fan of this type of weapon but it eviscerates anything that enters its tiny little range. A very powerful early weapon. 8/10

- Acceleration Rounds: An interesting type of bullet. The bullet acceleration isn't really high enough to make it stand out from the silver bullets in my opinion. But it has some niche use with low velocity guns. 5/10

- Seabound Staff: A good little workhorse summon. Its decent damage and piercing make it a solid early game weapon. Even if sometimes it flies off weirdly or gets stuck on walls. Also I find it kinda cute, which definitely gets it points in my book. 6/10

- Barnicade: A good early game bow. Its natural arrows give it high accuracy and great dps for its tier. But it quickly falls off without the ability to use special arrow effects and pierce enemy defense. 6/10

- Storm Spray: This one is a bit weird to use. Its single target damage isn't that good unless it double hits. And you have to make sure it flies low or else the drips despawn before they hit anything. It's decent against crowds but can be awkward to use. 5/10

- Cnidarian: It's an early game Yo-Yo with decent speed, damage, and infinite flight. A-ok in my book! 6/10

- Coral Spout: A niche weapon that fills its niche very well. While totally useless against most bosses and flying enemies. It completely destroys land based enemies no matter how many there are (unless their walking right). A limited but very strong weapon. 7/10

- Seabow: It's a better demon bow. Not a whole lot to say on this one but my fingers very much appreciate autofire. 6/10

- Seashell Boomerang: Not much to say like the seabow. Decent weapon and it's nice that it has a melee and thrower version. Also it sometimes goes through thin walls. 6/10

- Urchin Spear: I like this one a lot. The decent range and fast speed allow it to easily knock back crowds of enemies. Its single target damage isn't that bad either. Also I like the little detail of the urchin poisoning enemies. 7/10

- Crystalline: This one is kinda weird. Its dps under normal circumstances is average but against larger groups or big bosses its burst makes it very strong if the enemies have lower defense. The backwards spike also helps with back attacks. Honestly this weapon is a bit confusing for me to rate as it feels very circumstantial, but is powerful when the time is right. 6/10

=== EoC Down ===

- Pumpler: Very similar to the mini shark, its slightly higher damage and lesser spread along with slightly cheaper cost make it a very worthwhile weapon for calamity's stronger bosses. 8/10

=== Broke Shadow Orb ===

- Opal Striker: Personally one of my favorite early game guns. The burst fire combined with perfect accuracy and higher damage than the mini shark makes it a very useful weapon for when its acquired, even if it does lack special bullet effects. 8/10

=== Meteor Tier ===

- Magna Cannon: It's decent. The projectile has decent speed and it's cheap to cast, but the tripple shot hurts its damage potential against armoured foes. 6/10

- Meteor Fist: ROCKET PUNCH GOOOO! It's a ranged melee weapon with similar firepower to the direct ones. A great support weapon for melee characters when facing many types of enemies. 7/10

- Feather Knife: A strong throwing weapon with high speed, decent damage, and some piercing. While it arcs like other knives the fast speed and big bouncing makes this not much of a drawback. 6/10

- Tradewinds: Functionals very similarly to the knives, but in return for a mana cost it flies faster, and arcs less. Definitely an improvement over them. 7/10

- Air Spinner: One of the best prehard mode Yo-Yos. The extreme speed allows it to rapidly land hits and quickly hit enemies. The low number of hits per throw is a bit of an issue. But once you get the rhythm down it can deal some heavy dps. 8/10

- Goldplume Spear: Pretty much a direct upgrade from the previous spears. And every bit as good as them in its tier. 7/10

- Storm Surge: A decent crowd control weapon. Its firepower is a bit lacking but it's still a decent choice. 5/10

=== Goblins Down ===

- Warblade: A plain ol sword. Not really remarkable but much better balanced than the god awful vanilla broadswords. 5/10

=== Jungle Tier ===

- Firestorm Cannon: I love this weapon. It's so silly but the infinite piercing and setting everything on fire help make up for its terribly low damage. Not the best in most situations but when it finds its spot it can really shine. 6/10

- Mana Rose: A powerful weapon for many situations. Possessing both high single target and great at hitting fast targets. The mana rose is a very solid weapon despite its somewhat low range. 8/10

- Caustic Edge: A powerful broadsword for when it's obtained. Not that special but packs solid firepower and range. 6/10

- Dank Staff/Blood Clot Staff: These are two of my favorite early summons. Their fast speed, good targeting, and decent damage make them powerful summons for their tier. They don't work well in groups and prevent you from using piercing weapons sometimes. But they do a good job on their own anyways. 7/10

- Shadethrower: A fantastic crowd control weapon. The fast fire, slight knockback, and infinite piercing make it able to handle a crowd no matter the size. Also it saves gel! 8/10

- Shaderain Staff: A great fire and forget weapon. Piercing rain and high dps make it great for boss support or wearing down invasions. And double clouds on top of that! 7/10

- Shadowdrop Staff: A fantastic weapon in my opnion. The high mana cost is easily compensated by how much dps it deals against crowds and large bosses. Its biggest drawback is the next two areas you'll visit are both underground, which harms its usefulness. 9/10

- Blood Bath: Similar to the shadow staff but trades crowd control for firepower, a very good sidegrade. 9/10

- Perfect Dark/Vein Burster: Very powerful close range weapons, their short range projectile gives a lot of extra firepower and utility to an early game sword. While their anti-boss power is a bit lacking, their crowd control easily makes up for that. 7/10

- Aorta: Pretty much a direct upgrade to the air spinner. Although in this tier it isn't quite as good. 7/10

- Bloody Rupture/Leeching Dagger: While limited to usual short sword enemies. The addiction of homing orbs that heal you on each kill gives this one a powerful edge in crowd control. 6/10

- Sausage Maker: The next tier of spear and just as good. Although this one has some competition from an equally good sword. 7/10

- Eviscerator: A pre HM sniper rifle! While its boss killing isn't amazing. The ability to quickly oneshot annoying enemies gives it a solid niche for normally rapid fire rangers. 6/10

=== Dungeon Tier ===

- Frost Bolt: It's like waterbolt but less piercing and damage in return for higher speed and a great debuff. Better for small groups or single targets but a bit worse for big bunches. A great sidegrade to one of my favorite weapons. 8/10

=== Hell Tier ===

- Burnt Sienna: A decent weapon for when you get it. While it's lacking in firepower 9 hp per kill isn't bad. 5/10

- Lunarian Bow: One of the best pre HM weapons. The dual shot of fast, perfectly accurate arrows, and the ability to slide along the floor on a miss makes it an excellent addition to any ranger's arsenal. 9/10

- Flare Bolt: An upgraded Frost Bolt. Definitely worth a look in the wall of flesh battle and early HM. 8/10

- Bladecrest Oathsword: Works very similar to the corrupt/crimson swords. Although with the high base velocity of its demon scythe it definitely has the edge in ranged combat. 7/10

- Flameburst Shortsword: Another of the good short swords. While it's range is tiny the massive debuff and chain reactions from enemies exploding give it immense crowd control power. 8/10

- Old Lord Oathsword: High damage but it's not really enough to make it stand out from the projectile swords. 5/10

- Night's Stabber: Revenge of the short sword! Still the same problems as a normal short sword... which don't really matter because it shoots piercing, homing, multi hit, wall ignoring dark energy blasts. The fact the energy can last for a short bit without acquiring a target also gives it even more of an edge. Not as good as the flame saber in pure crowd control but better for general situations. 8/10

- Demonic Pitchfork: A strong weapon with great single target dps and decent crowd control. Although it's somewhat held back by the very high mana cost. 7/10

=== Slime God Down ===

- Gel Dart: Channel your inner super monkey! Rapid fire darts with power, 5 pierces/bounces, and high speed make these the best throwing weapon pre HM has to offer. 8/10

- Gunk Shot: A great side arm for a ranger to keep baddies away while dealing high damage. Its range is what you'd expect from a shotgun. 8/10

- The God's Gambit: High firepower, decent speed, long range, and infinite fly time make this one of the best pre hard mode melee weapons. Although it's a bit weak against the fast hellbats in hell. Also it makes goo! 8/10

- Corroslime/Crimslime Staff: A very powerful close range summon that tends to obliterate anything it can get its little... horns? Teeth? Blob? on. Although they don't work well in groups and have some trouble in groups and flying enemies are difficult for them to hit. 8/10

- Eldritch tome: While possessing slightly less raw power than the other slime god weapons. The ability to infinitely pierce, apply a decent debuff, and rapidly burst out make this one of the best crowd control weapons in pre hard mode. 9/10

- Gelitic Blade: Very similar to the other shooty pre hm swords. This one's advantage is the most piercing at the cost of slightly lower damage. So a solid choice just like the others. 7/10

- Abysal Tome: While it's single target damage is a bit weak. The ability to mass inflict a powerful debuff, shoot through walls, and leave mines for enemies to run makes it a very nice utility weapon to have. 8/10

=== WoF Down ===

- Meowthrower: Very similar to the shade thrower, but its low base damage makes it suffer a bit in hardmode due to higher enemy defense. 6/10

- Lazinator: While this weapon is basically a straight upgrade from the laser rifle, it kinda neuters its own effectiveness by shooting so fast it only hits every other shot, resulting it in dealing about the same dps as the laser rifle. 5/10

=== Early Hardmode ===

- Biome Blade: An easy to obtain and excellent start to a hardmode melee's arsenal. It's high dps and decent ranged abilties give it a very powerful all around use. Also it's just plain cool to use with the changing projectile. 8/10

- Orichalcum Spiked Gemstone: While their damage is a bit low the fact these slide along the ground and pierce a lot is interesting. I'd say they have enough of a niche to be a decent weapon. 5/10

- Titanium Shuriken: A much needed step up in direct firepower for throwing. The multi pierce, fast projectile speed, and good damage make it a stand out option for early throwing weapons. 7/10

- Titanium Railgun: While its single target damage isn't the best. A hit scan piercing weapon certainly has its uses. 6/10

- Floodtide: Very similar to the storm saber but with higher dps. It also shoots sharks which automatically makes it better. 8/10

- Flarewing Bow: Definitely one of the more unique bows. I had a lot of trouble getting this one to work out at first but I feel with practice it servers as a very solid crowd cleaner, especially in closed in areas where the bats can bounce around. 6/10

- Cursed Capper: An ok early HM weapon. While its max dps is a bit hard to achive due to the manual fire, its high damage and debuff allow it to easily punch through enemy defense to still deal solid damage. 6/10

- Cursed Dagger: A decent choice for thrower. It's not really that amazing but if you get a drop early it can provide a good boost to firepower with its passable damage, piercing, and debuff. 5/10

- Ichor Spear: While the weapon itself isn't that remarkable. The ability to apply ichor at range with no mana cost gives it a very solid case for a support weapon for any class. 7/10

- Crimsaber: A powerful early hardmode sword that has both decent single target damage and an amazing crowd control with mass ichor applying. Letting it quickly slay groups or switch to another better suited weapon. Useless in caves but melee doesn't really have problems with that. 8/10

- True Caustic Edge: While not the best at single target damage, a piercing sword beam and mass of debuffs make this an excelent crowd control and support weapon. It doesn't hurt its fairly cheap to acquire and can help see when exploring the HM caves. 7/10

- Crystal Blade: A weird but really cool sword that deals most of its damage at range. The glowing effect can sometimes cover up some enemy projectiles but I find its decent ranged abilities and high overall damage easily compensate for that. 7/10

- Frigidflash bolt: Yet another upgrade to the bolt series of spells and still great. High single target damage, extremely powerful crowd control. And a great cave weapon with bouncing shots that make enemies provide light. Definitely one of the better early mage spells. 9/10

- Storm Saber: Another useful early HM sword. The storm saber trades crowd control for one of the best projectiles and higher damage than the other magic swords. Doesn't hurt the enemy that drops it also has a very powerful summon. 8/10

- Relic of Ruin: One of the best defensive weapons in early HM. While it's direct firepower is a bit low. The omni directional burst of advancing projectiles lets it wack away any approaching enemies who aren't immune to knocback. Giving the player time to use another weapon or simply run away. It also has the ability to deal very heavy dps if you get knockback immunity and stand directly on your target at the cost of hp. 8/10

- Spear of Paleolith: A very mixed weapon. While its damage under normal circumstances is pretty weak. Mass armour break allows other weapons to easily mop up. It also has surprisingly high firepower if you can get a boss to stay in one location and throw spears straight up. 7/10

- Forsaken Saber: Definitely a strong contender for best close ranged melee weapon in early HM. Its fast speed combined with a powerful projectile gives it some of the highest close ranged dps as well as still useful ranged abilities. 9/10

- Death Valley Duster: A great utility and crowd control weapon. Its somewhat low single target damage is easily overcome by high piercing and terrain ignoring. The cheap cost of the spell is just the icing on the cake. 8/10

- Storm/Sand Waifu: Two of the absolute best summons for non summoners in my opinion. Their damage for just two minion slots is extremely high, and for the cost of a little set up and carrying a summon table around can give the player an extremely useful minion with both great anti boss and crowd control. Although they can make using piercing weapons difficult. 9/10

- Slag Magnum: A fantastic weapon for early hardmode. Powerful shots that fragment and a debuff that enables its weaker shrapnel to break through enemy defense makes it an excellent trash cleaner. Although the fact a lot of bosses are immune to it hurts its usefulness later on unless combined with ichor. 9/10

- Earthen Pike: A great early HM melee weapon. Decent power combined with a great debuff and surprisingly long range for its small size. The spear is a valuable addition that is well worth hunting earth elementals. 8/10

- Aftershock: The earth elemental sure has good drops. Yet another great early melee weapon that has powerful ranged abilities with its storm of flying rocks. Huge crowd control power due to the tidal wave of rocks summoned. 9/10

- Hell Burst: Honestly if it weren't for the very roundabout way you have to do to get this weapon it would probably be overpowered. As it stands it has some of the best single target damage for early HM as well as fantastic crowd control due to its vilethorn roots. 9/10

- Celestial Claymore: Definitely one of the more unique weapons. Kinda iffy against single targets but the mass of energy orbs lets you knock crowds back while focuses on a single target. Also a great side arm for more ranged classes. 8/10

=== Pirates Down ===

- Raider's Glory: Basically a titanium crossbow you might get for free. Not bad, just not particularly good either unless you get lucky with drops. 5/10

- Proporse Pistol: It's like the titanium railgun but worse and free if your lucky. Not bad, just not really that good either. 5/10

=== Cryogen Down ===

- Frostspark Bullets: Extremely powerful in my opinion. The ability to lock down dangerous mobs and deal extra damage to bosses along with a bit of DOT make it one of the best bullets in its tier. Although I find it a bit weird you can freeze the ice queen. 9/10

- Verium Bullet: Better Chloropyte bullets. Personally I don't really use homming bullets but their a solid upgrade obtained much earlier than normal for those that do. 7/10

- Ice Star: Homing frozen stars of death. While their fire rate is a bit lower than the titanium shurikens, that doesn't really matter since the stars home in to make sure they deal as many hits as they can. 7/10

- Glacial Crusher: A fantastic crowd control weapon. A piercing, freezing projectile combined with debuffs and decent power make it great for dealing with fodder mobs. 8/10

- Permaforst: A weird but very useful and fun weapon. Its single target damage is decent, but crowd control is where it shines with a mass of freezing ice spikes that allow it to easily lock down any number of fodder mobs. It also sounds really cool with dozens of ice crystal explosions. 9/10

=== Cryonic Ore Tier ===

- Shadecrystal Barrage: A powerful upgrade of the already strong spell. The shadecrystal barrage is a spell with virtually no downsides. Rapid speed, decent range, cheap cost. Its one drawback is that its damage is fairly low, which just like the original crystal storm is greatly helped by using ichor. 9/10

- Shimmerspark: A great start to hardmode Yo-Yos. Combining the usual single target power of a yo yo with a piecing star laser gives it even more flexibility than most Yo-Yos. And its solid speed and infinite flight only add to that. 8/10

- Darkecho Greatbow: A weird bow that I feel is sometimes at odds with itself. It has powerful single target damage, that it often can't take advantage of because of the dual unholy arrows. Crowd control on the other hand it shines with its ability to fire multiple types of piecing arrows let it easy mop up crowds and still deal decent damage to stronger targets. 8/10

- Crystal Piercer: Somewhat of a downgrade from the ice stars. While it has higher firepower and a nice debuff, its dps is somewhat worse and no homming is a downside that its high piercing doesn't really make up for. 5/10

- Starnight Lance: A great hard mode spear. High damage, good speed, decent range, a nice little debuff. This would already be a good spear without its laser lance which only adds to its usefulness in crowd control. 8/10

- Triniy: A fantastic ranged sword. Due to its multiple shot types, the sword excels at both single target damage and crowd control. A bit on the random side due to the projectiles, but its sheer utility and strength make it definitely worth trying. 9/10

=== Meches Down ===

- Speed Blaster: A very powerful gun that requires no ammo to pump out a never ending stream of rainbow death. Only really loses out to other weapons because its unable to use other types of ammo. 9/10

- Dualpoon: A decent weapon for its tier. Decent single target firepower and some piercing help compensate for its akward short range and projectile. 6/10

- Excalibur Shortsword: An extremely strong shortsword that is held back by its lack of secondary effect. 5/10

- Majestic Guard: A very good supportive weapon. Its defense reduction and healing lets it support either better weapons or for some healing. And due to the slow defense reduction it doesn't turn the user into an immoral god of health drain. 8/10

- Flarefrost Blade: A very nice sword for its tier. The high damage and decent projectile give it powerful close combat abilties as well as some ranged power. Although its crowd control is a bit lacking due to the lack of piercing projectile. 7/10

- Forbidden Oathblade: Definitely one of the best post mech weapons despite being a bit grindy to get. It has very high damage for both single target damage at close range due to the slow scythes striking multiple times. And powerful crowd control due to the shadowflame debuff and moderate amount of piercing. 9/10

- Ark of the Ancients: A very versatile and powerful sword. It can do well at both boss fighting and especially crowd control. Although its boss damage is somewhat lowered by its mass of piercing projectiles overriding each other. 8/10

- Catastrophe Claymore: A powerful single target sword with an interesting multi debuff theme. Although the only debuff that really makes a difference is ichor as the others deal too little dps to be useful. 8/10

- Pwnagehammer: A decent choice for striking down fast moving targets or wacking away annoying ones. Although its damage is fairly weak and its hard to land group hits. 5/10

- Feralthorn Claymore: An excellent all around sword with the power of a hard mode sword and the utility of vilethorn. It has an especailly nice timing as the cramped jungle is the next area to visit. Its sole weakness is melee speed doesn't really help it due to the thorn based attack. 8/10

- Quagmire: A multi target Yo-Yo is a bit of a weird concept. But this pulls it off with grace. Somewhat low single damage is made up with massive crowd control potential and a little debuff for some extra damage. 8/10

- Mangrove Chakram: A decent choice for a melee ranged weapon. It also has convenient timing of the jungle coming up soon which allows its bouncing and large size to help clear out the annoying hornets. 7/10

- Bladedge Greatbow: A fantastic bow that excels at both single target and crowd control. If it weren't for the fact the chlorophyte arrows cut its single target damage I'd say it would be overpowered. 9/10

- Everglade Spray: An upgraded version of the already great golden shower. With more power, and an additional debuff. This is a great upgrade for one of the most useful early HM spells. 9/10

=== Calamitas Down ===

- Entropy's Vigil: A great summon for its tier. What it lacks in single target firepower it easily makes up for in fantastic crowd control due to the half cost minions with piercing attacks. The fact they go through walls also greatly helps with the issue of flying minions getting stuck. 8/10

- Oblivion: A very powerful Yo-Yo with a built in laser cannon. Great stats all around and the low base damage of its lasers is easily compensated with ichor to allow it to hit for amazing amounts of dps. 9/10

- Havoc's Breath: A great upgrade to the flame thrower line. While costly to keep it running. It has decent single target damage and fantastic crowd control with very high piercing and a strong debuff. 8/10

- Lashes of Chaos: A fantastic crowd control spell that can deal great single target damage as well if carefull aimed. A bit on the expensive side to cast but its great overall usefulness makes it still a great choice. 9/10

=== Tier 2 Eclipse ===

- True Forbidden Oathblade: A fantastic sword that is more ranged weapon than sword. The tripple burst of scythes gives it very high dps at close range and still respectable damage at range. Tends to reduce fodder enemies to a red mist due to said tripple scythe attack. 9/10

- Profaned Sword: A fantastic crowd control weapon. The little brimstone gysers block enemies from advancing and deal very heavy damage along with the sword. Letting it easily mop up any land based enemies. 8/10

- Mariana: A decent choice. Its single target damage isn't that good but it has great crowd control with its bubble burst. 6/10

=== Plantera Down ===

- Terra Bullet: It's like Chloropyte bullets and crystal bullets had an amazingly talented child. Fantastic bullets that are well worth the investment. 9/10

- Mineral Mortar: While craftable earlier, the mineral mortar has no ammo until now. And it totally pays off with fantastic single target damage and the sand sharks give it great crowd control and utility. 8/10

- Tyrant Yharim's Ultisword: A fantastic weapon for its tier that excells at everything. Powerful single target and crowd control due to its piercing homing projectiles and powerful debuffs to boost its strength even further. A bit costly to make but still great. 9/10

- Terra Shiv: Definitely an improvement over the previous short shorts. While not the highest in damage it fast attack speed and piercing make it a great side arm for users of slower single target weapons. 6/10

- Terra Edge: The upgraded form of the somewhat questionable bloody swords pays off! With pretty good damage and the sword beam and sword both healing every hit. It is a great side arm for regaining some health or just dealing damage with its powerful attack. 8/10

- Primordial Earth: One of the best crowd control spells in the game. An big improvement on the already great death valley duster make it a solid choice for any mage. 9/10

- Clock Gatlingnum: An extremely powerful gun that is held back by a lack of special bullets. While high velocity is nice it lacks some of the variety of other guns. Still extremely useful against bosses. 8/10

- Wrath of the Ancients: Another great crowd control spell that leans more on the technical side for its strength. The ability to be placed anywhere and deal very high damage if the enemy is right on top of the burst makes it a very strong but not quite overpowered weapon. 9/10

- True Biome Blade: It's an ok choice. While its not really BAD by any means, it's just overshadowed by the other swords you can get around now. Still decent if you can't get broken hero swords. 6/10

=== Chaotic Ore Tier ===

- Forbidden Sun: A great crowd control weapon. The sheer size of the blast let it easily hit enemies behind walls and provide a shield to the user against fodder mobs. A bit costly to use though. 8/10

- Flame Scythe: A difficult to use but powerful weapon. While its basic dps is outright terrible. If you can throw it behind groups of enemies it deals fantastic amounts of damage due to the mass of explosions. 6/10

- Exsanguination Lance: Definitely a limited weapon. While its single target damage isn't that good. The very long each and high piercing laser give it some great crowd control for the dungeon. Doesn't really matter though as it can be instantly upgraded to the terra lance. 6/10

- Terra Lance: A excellent upgrade to the spear line. Combing the best of all the previous spears it boasts great overall performance and even more utility due to the ethereal lance. Definitely can be used to great effect in the dungeon. 9/10

- Chaotrix: Another decent AoE Yo-Yo. Sorely lacking in direct fire like much of the chaotic tier. But makes up for it with some powerful crowd control. 6/10

- The Ballista: A incredibly strong crowd control weapon with powerful exploding bolts. Also has very powerful single target damage if carefully aimed. Giving it quite a lot of use. 9/10

- Spectre Rifle: An alternate version of the sniper rifle. Not the highest dps but very high burst damage is very useful for taking out annoying enemies. 6/10

=== Bar of Life Tier ===

- Hyperious Bullet: Double shot bullets, what's not to love? A bit inaccurate against fast enemies but its sheer firepower gives it a very good case. 9/10

=== Core Tier ===

- P90: Varries between amazing and absolutely terrible. If you can find a low defense enemy or apply enough defense downs it can deal incredible amounts of damage when combined with high damage bullets. Otherwise its totally useless. Still excellent in my opinion due to its power when the time is right. 9/10

- Megalodon: A decent choice for a more reliable ranged weapon but needs special bullets to boost its base damage to do really good. Its biggest problem is the existence of the Helstorm. 7/10

- Conclave Crossfire: A wonky but very strong gun that works much better as a boss killer than against fodder due to its wild rain of bullets. Works fantastically with homing bullets which negate most of its spread. 9/10

- Tears of heaven. A through and through crowd control weapon. As the last of the bolt spells it preforms just like the rest, except now it pierces walls so it can wipe the screen of any fodder mobs that enter it. 9/10

- Terra-cotta: A great supportive melee weapon that is even better at self healing due to the explosions causing chain reactions. Not the best at direct firepower but still a great sidearm. 7/10

- Sun God Staff: Definitely an important step for summoners due to its lack of piercing enabling them to use it for focus fire. Also helps out non summoners since it doesn't override piercing attacks. 8/10

- True Paladin's Hammer: A very strong supportive melee weapon with some slight AoE. Great for bunched moon event enemies or fliers out of reach. 8/10

- Barracuda Gun: I'm not too sure about this one. Just like the piranha gun its damage isn't very good but it also is great for focusing on dodging. 5/10

- Lucrecia: A fantastic crowd control sword due to it having both a thorn attack and grating invincibility for a short time. It also has surprisingly high single target firepower that gives it a great overall usefulness. 8/10

- True Ark of the Ancients: A boss killer sword and one of the best weapons of the tier. While outclassed in dealing with fodder mobs, its power when attacking large targets is the best of the melee weapons for its tier. Making it a very good choice for blade users. 9/10

- Blade of Enmity: Some of the highest dps in the tier in return for being just a plain ol sword. Very strong but risky to use. 8/10

=== Leviathan Down ===

- Green Tide: While not quite as good at single target damage as the True Ark. It still posses great firepower and is much better underground since its projectiles pierce the ground. The fact it needs to land hits for projectiles hurts its usefulness a bit. 7/10

- Atlantis: Functions very similarly to the primordial earth spell but does higher damage. A solid upgrade to that spell. 8/10

- Brackish Flask: A huge upgrade for throwers. With its ability to deal heavy damage to both big bosses and groups. The flask has a use for nearly any situation. 9/10

=== Golem Down ===

- Acid Bullet: Their an ok source of ammo. The DOT isn't that useful at the level their found at but having high damage is a nice perk. 5/10

- Terra Flameburster: A powerful upgrade of the previous tier of flame throwers than can have great use in the upcoming lunar events. 7/10

=== Goliath Down ===

- Pandemic: Another crowd control Yo-Yo and works even better than the last ones. Has high single target dps as well and is great for the lunar events. 8/10

- Blight Spewer: Like its tooltip says its effective against nearly anything. One of the few flamethrowers with good single target dps and excellent crowd control. 8/10

- Virulence: It's basically a worse blight spewer. While it has some use since it goes through walls. That isn't all that useful at this tier. 5/10

- The Hive: A great crowd control weapon. Although single target damage is somewhat limited by the low damage of the bees they can prove a great aid with knocking fodder mobs around to line up the rockets. 8/10

=== Uelibloom Tier ===

- Verdant: Nearly identical to the pandemic with all that entails. 8/10

- Nettlevine Greatbow: Another excellent mixed bow. The automatic toxic and chlorophyte arrows provide cheap and high firepower. But its lack of control over the arrows reduce its overal damage a bit. Still very strong in almost all situations. 9/10

- Plasma Rifle: A decent option for crowd control. The bursting clouds can cover and area and deal good damage to anything that enters it. Although the terrible firerate huts its overall power. 6/10

- Lifefruit Scythe: Its single target damage and healing aren't very good. But the high piercing combines very well with its passable damage for a strong crowd control weapon. 7/10

- Tarragon Throwing Dart: Not that good in most circumstances but high speed and piercing is good for sniping annoying monsters. 5/10

- Pestilent Defiler: A strong but simple gun that is a decent choice for high defense enemies. 7/10

- True Tyrant's Ultisword: An extremely powerful sword with high damage for both bosses and groups. The homing lasers only add to its firepower, although sometimes it can clock itself due to the large number of piercing attacks 9/10

=== Martians Down ===

- Impaler: An excellent weapon for the moons with extremely fast exploding piercing stakes. Single target dps isn't that good but it doesn't need it. 7/10

- Baleful Harvester: An excellent sword with flaming skulls that turn into flaming bolts. Giving it great power against both bosses and hoards of enemies. 9/10

=== Frost Moon Down ===

- Holiday Halberd: Not the best single target damage but can hit very hard against groups at close range. 6/10

- Scorpio: A single target rocket launcher is an odd concept. But with very high single target the scropio is certainly worth a shot. 7/10

=== Cultist Down ===

=== Nebula Tower ===

- The Empryrean: A cheaper but weaker alternative to the plague spewer. A decent choice if you just want some power without as much slime farming. 6/10

- Tome of Fates: A decent crowd control weapon. Cheap cost and high fire are somewhat held back by the super tentacle often being overridden by the lesser ones. 7/10

- Xeroc Greatsword: A very powerful single target greatsword with strong ranged attacks as well. Great for dealing with nearly any type of boss but is a bit weaker against trash. 8/10

- Terratomre: An upgraded version of the xeroc greatsword. Still amazing while not being overpowered. 9/10

- Nuclear Fury: Crowd control to the max. A scream clearing blast of disks with limited uses on bosses. But once you get it the lunar event will fall with ease. 9/10

- Cosmic Rainbow: Yay rainbows! Slaughters fodder mobs and protects the player. An excellent utility weapon for trash clearing. 8/10

=== Vortex Tower ===

- Nano Purge: An extremely strong weapon with a tendency to instantly devour your mana. Still very powerful for the short time it can fire before it eats it all up. 9/10

- Starfleet: As the tool tip says. It blows up everything, boss or fodder. 9/10

- Shroomer: A very powerful rifle that I feel works better for crowd control than bosses. Due to it having a very powerful special attack that can shred groups of enemies. 8/10

- The Swarmer: While possessing very high dps. I feel its held back by its somewhat low damage. Although if you can get around that its an extremely powerful homing weapon that's good against all types of enemies. 8/10

- Moonsoon (expert): A very powerful single target bow that also naturally has crowd control due to the monsoon arrows. It has some issues with piercing types of arrows but has very impressive single target damage. 9/10

=== Solar Tower ===

- Storm Ruler: A very powerful supportive blade than can be used to totally block off fodder mobs or deal more damage to bosses while dodging. Either way, its actual damage output is a bit lacking to single enemies or bosses. 8/10

- Lazhar: A very powerful crowd control weapon that especially shines in closed in spaces. Turning anything caught into its beam into a mess of explosions and lasers. Decent single target dps as well. 8/10

- Elemental Disk: Not the highest power when used directly. But the super long range of the disks let you set up death walls that obliterate fodder. 6/10

- Omega Biome Blade: Trades the homing and AoE of the terratomre for stronger damage. An interesting option for higher damage. 9/10

- Astreal Defeat: Another very powerful ranged weapon that is somewhat awkward to use at range. But its very high natural power combined with an odd but useful spread make it an excellent contender for its tier. 9/10

- Grand Guardian: A very powerful sword that obliterates fodder mobs. While its damage against single targets isn't the best at above 50% hp. Once it gets them below it deals massive amounts of damage. 9/10

=== Moonlord Down ===

- Clockwork Bow: A very powerful crowd control weapon that is also effective against large bosses. Somewhat limited in scope but great at what it does. It also has amazing synergy with the vanquisher arrows. 6/10 (9/10 with vanquisher arrows)

- Genisis: A very powerful magic weapon that is effective against everything for as long as your mana holds out. Which tends to not be long. 9/10

- Onyx Chain Blaster: A powerful gun that unleashes a mass of projectiles that can clear out any type of enemy depending on the bullet. 8/10

- Effervescence: Another very powerful magic weapon. More effective against masses of enemies or large bosses. But still a very viable weapon overall. 9/10

- Devastation: An extremely powerful melee weapon that has great ranged abilities as well. Just like most of the other lunar weapons it excels against both single targets and groups. 9/10

- Greatsword of Judgement: An excellent support weapon that fires barrages of piercing bolts. Prevents you from using piercing weapons yourself but is a great support otherwise. 8/10

- Planetary Annihilation: Rainbow raining death! Homing, high power, and looking sweet. This weapon is an extremely useful weapon for its tier. Also rainbows again. 8/10

- Elemental Lance: Deals absolutely massive amounts of damage to slow enemies but suffers somewhat against faster ones. Still a great choice for any warrior. 9/10

- Ark of the Elements: Extremely powerful sword with many homing projectiles gives it very high anti boss regardless of size or speed. Not the highest damage but will always be able to deal heavy damage. 9/10

- Elemental Shiv: Not quite as strong as the arc or the lance. But still can deal very high damage and has incredible crowd control. 8/10

- Shredder: Due to its low base damage the weapon requires quite a bit of set up for maximum damage. But when it finally gets going its damage is among the best there is. 9/10

- Alpha Ray: Incredibly high unconditional damage in exchange for eating all your mana in seconds. 9/10

=== Profaned Enemies ===

- Elysian Arrows: High damage, a decent dot. And summons giant flaming meteors. While the meteors are a bit inaccurate and don't scale in damage. Their sheer firepower makes these a fantastic choice for blowing your enemies to kingdom come. 9/10

- Holy Fire Bullet: Massively increased damage for slower weapons, but loses out to the previous ammo types due to the explosions overlapping for very fast guns. Still amazing for the guns it works for. 9/10

=== Providence Down ===

Cosmic Kunai: A tiny range in exchange for very reliable and high damage that costs nothing. 8/10

=== Devourer Down ===

- Vanquisher Arrow: While these arrows have a very limited selection of bows to be used with. Combining them with the clockwork bow produces a rain of incredibly damaging homing arrows that can match up to nearly any weapon. 9/10

- Staff of the Mechworm: Can deal astronomical amounts of damage if set up right but is complicated and totally prevents the use of piercing weapons. Still has great damage with only a casual set up. 9/10 (11/10 if you feel like being cheesy)

- Eradicator: While its dps is low with normal use. By throwing large numbers of them and running away its dps against certain bosses can skyrocket. 8/10

- Stream Gouge: An extremely powerful weapon that has very high dps and nearly ignores defense due to its massive attack. The laser it shoots is kinda useless but that doesn't really matter when the base weapon is so strong. It has some problems as the only two bosses left are very dangerous to get close to though. 8/10

- Devil's Devastation: One of the best weapons dropped by the devourer. The sword has an easy to aim and extremely strong projectile which makes it great against all types of bosses. 9/10

- Cleansing Blaze: While its dps is a bit on the low side. The incredibly long range and fast beam provides an excellent way to deal damage to deal with any minions summoned by bosses or when quick hits are more important than outright damage. 7/10

- Deathhail Staff: A very powerful wepaon that can deal extremely high damage to larger bosses. But its high mana cost can be a bit of a drag to its overall damage output. 8/10

=== Yharon Down ===

- Burning Sky: One of the absolute best weapons in the mod. Massive range, fast speed. High damage. The weapon brings everything to the table with no drawbacks. 9/10

- Phoenix Flame Barrage: Another fantastic weapon that while a bit slow to wind up deals immense damage to anything caught in its rain of fire. 9/10

- Yharon's Kindle Staff: An incredibly powerful summon due to the buffs, fast summons, and extremely powerful fireballs. 9/10

Anyways, I've found the majority of the weapons are well balanced, with more issues for weapons that are too weak compared to other weapons in the mod rather than overpowered weapons. I hope this list can help with some balance issues and thank you for all your hard work!

Last edited:
- Teardrop Cleaver: The weapon causes any enemy hit that isn't immune to temporal sadness to permanently lose the ability to deal damage
Cleaver is not bugged. This behaviour was said to be intentional somewhere in this thread.

Since MountainDrew said a few pages back there was a lack of feedback on weapons. I figured I'd make a list of my opinions on most of the weapons in the mod. I tried to look at all the perks and downsides of each one, but obviously its colored by my bias and playstyle.

The list is split up into the rough order I figure you'd find them in. Marked by "=== (tier name) ===" I split it into three sections. Overpowered, underpowered, and the rest. Each weapon has a comment on my opinion of em as well as a score. I feel that weapons scoring 0-4 are just too weak. With the lower ones needing more buffs. 10-11 are for the OP ones. With 11s being especially overpowered. I generally tried to rank them compared to each other rather than vanilla weapons.

I avoided scoring weapons that are getting nerfed next patch, as well as post supreme calamitas weapons. As the latter are meant to be rewards for beating the mod and balance doesn't really matter there.

I also found a few weapons with bugs that prevented me from scoring them, so I made a section for them as well.

=== Surface Tier ===

=== Cave Tier ===

- Depth Blade: A phenomenally strong weapon. It can kill most prehardmode enemies in a single hit due to the debuff and deal massive damage to bosses. While it has the range of a broad sword that is hardly a limitation to its overwhelming power. 11/10

=== EoC Down ===

=== Broke Shadow Orb ===

=== Meteor Tier ===

=== Goblins Down ===

=== Jungle Tier ===

=== Dungeon Tier ===

=== Hell Tier ===

- Hellwing Staff: For a weapon so cheaply crafted the hellwing staff is extremely strong. High dps, can hit anywhere on the screen, incredibly good crowd control, ignores terrain, lets you find caves... its sole weakness of a high mana cost doesn't really matter when it tends to obliterate everything and get lots of mana stars. 10/10

=== Slime God Down ===

=== WoF Down ===

=== Early Hardmode ===

- Heart Rapier: An incredibly powerful weapon. While not the highest in damage. The fact it heals 8 hp per hit regardless of damage done enables it to outheal almost any source of damage at the time it's made and some time after. Especially when combined with melee speed bonuses. 10/10

- Ancient Crusher: I feel this weapon straddles the line between overpowered and extremely useful. It's pretty bad against flying enemies but has some of the highest dps of early hard mode weapons and utterly destroys ground based enemies. While personally I feel it leans towards overpowered I might be wrong on this one. 10/10

- Crystal Flare Staff: Extremely overpowered in my opinion. It has single target dps that is many tiers ahead of itself, incredible crowd control, and fast projectiles. While its range is a bit limited that barely holds back its immense power. 11/10

=== Pirates Down ===

=== Cryogen Down ===

- Bittercold Staff: I feel this one is a bit overpowered. While its overall dps is similar to the shade crystal barrage. The ability to better pierce enemy defense, keep targets knocked back, and apply a debuff makes it simply better than all the other magic weapons of this tier. 10/10

=== Cryonic Ore Tier ===

=== Meches Down ===

- Infernal Rift: I feel this weapon is overpowered. Its dps is extremely high due to the second wave of terrain ignoring tridents. Which also gives is very powerful crowd control along with it's powerful debuff. 10/10

=== Calamitas Down ===

=== Tier 2 Eclipse ===

- Brimstone Furry: Extremely overpowered. Its arrows have multi hit, incredible speed, no drop, and the ability to use any arrows let it use the highest damage possible to boost its immense damage potential even higher. 11/10

- Brimblade: An extremely powerful throwing weapon that has immense dps for its tier especially when used against bosses due to the blade split. It also has powerful crowd control due to the blade burst and debuff. 10/10

=== Plantera Down ===

- Aeries: I gotta say I find this one overpowered. The fact it heals every shot based on damage while having a high natural fire rate and being ranged make it very easy to break the game if using an evasive attack build. 10/10

- Triploon: Out dpses just about every weapon in the tier by a large margin. I definitely feel this one needs to be nerfed. 10/10

=== Chaotic Ore Tier ===

- Helstorm: Kinda overpowered in my opinion. Using just basic bullets it can match most of the tier in fire. And when using special bullets it can deal massive amounts of damage while having great flexibility. 10/10

=== Bar of Life Tier ===

=== Core Tier ===

=== Leviathan Down ===

- Siren's Song: I feel this one is just too strong. It not only has high firepower with just basic notes. But the super notes linger on the battle field even if they miss. Creating a minefield of extremely powerful notes that is almost unmatched in damage against large targets and groups. 10/10

=== Golem Down ===

=== Goliath Down ===

- Diseased Pike: Way too strong. Its single target dps is nearly double the rest of the tier and its crowd control abilities allow it to reduce any fodder mob to dust. The fact its projectiles home in just seals the deal. 11/10

=== Uelibloom Tier ===

=== Martians Down ===

=== Frost Moon Down ===

=== Cultist Down ===

- Stardust Staff: Overpowered in my opinion. The Extremely high single target damage combined with immense crowd control makes it stand above almost every other weapon of the tier. 10/10

=== Nebula Tower ===

=== Vortex Tower ===

- Vortexpopper: I feel this one is just too strong. When used with powerful homming or splitting bullets. The resulting hell of projectiles propels it to easily double the dps of the rest of the tier. 11/10

=== Solar Tower ===

=== Moonlord Down ===

=== Profaned Enemies ===

=== Providence Down ===

=== Devourer Down ===

=== Yharon Down ===

=== Surface Tier ===

=== Cave Tier ===

- Aquatic Discharge: A limited weapon. Its useless against just about everything but walkers like every other short sword. And its ability to make electrical shocks is somewhat harmed by its high knockback which tends to make it hard to burst down one enemy. 4/10

- Redtide Sword: Not a fan of this one. The dps is much worse than the spear and nearly the same as the boomerangs which have range on it. While the arc helps with bats it feels weak compared to the other weapons. 4/10

=== EoC Down ===

- Harvest Staff: Kinda underpowered in my opinion. its single target firepower is very lacking and since it can only pierce one enemy its crowd control is somewhat lacking as well. I feel it could use some additional power or piercing, or set enemies on fire like its tool tip suggests. 4/10

=== Broke Shadow Orb ===

=== Meteor Tier ===

- Wind Blade: Same place as the Redtide sword. Too much worse than the spear for it to really be useful. 4/10

=== Goblins Down ===

- Plasma Rod: A bit on the weak side in my opinion. The DOT effect doesn't deal all that much damage and the ichor effect lasts a very short time. The awkward burst also makes it hard to land multiple hits (or even a single hit sometimes). Personally I like its mechanics, but feel it could use a little power boost. 4/10

=== Jungle Tier ===

- Spore Knife: Same issues as the aquatic discharge but the spore cloud is a bit better. 4/10

- Rot/Tooth Ball: An iffy thrower weapon. The third pierce doesn't really make up for the fact it deals less dps than the feather knives. 4/10

=== Dungeon Tier ===

- Corrupt/Crimson Crusher Blade: Just a generic broadsword. Which by the time you beat skeletron unfortunately means it doesn't really stand out in any way from the mod's other melee weapons. 4/10

- Ancient Shiv: Same as the other two. 4/10

=== Hell Tier ===

- Bloody Edge: While the healing effect is nice. The lack of reliability of it and the sword being substantially weaker than many others encountered before it give this sword little use outside of being used for its upgrade. 3/10

=== Slime God Down ===

- Goobow: Definitely the worst of the slime god's weapons. The bow itself is totally unremarkable and its damage for when it's obtained is rather low. 4/10

=== WoF Down ===

=== Early Hardmode ===

- Cobalt Kunai: I don't really like these. They come after the gel darts but are much worse. 2/10

- Paladium Javelin: Not as bad as the kunai but still underwhelming. 4/10

- Mythril Knife: More direct firepower and a nice debuff in return for no piercing compared to the slime knives. I still feel these are underpowered compared to other early HM weapons. 4/10

- Adamantite Throwing Axe: While a decent weapon I feel it could use some buffs to match up to the titanium shuriken. As otherwise titanium has a massive bonus for throwers. 5/10

=== Pirates Down ===

=== Cryogen Down ===

- Effluvium Bow: Kinda underpowered I think. While the ability to freeze enemies is nice it can't pierce. So its stunlock potential is limited and its single target damage is rather low for this tier. 4/10

- Icebreaker: Kinda weak in my opinion. Its single target dps isn't that good and melee has better options for crowd control. It can do decent against crowds on the return throw but it's a lot of effort for when better weapons can do the same with less work. 4/10

=== Cryonic Ore Tier ===

- Astral Blaster: Pretty weak. Its slow single shot just doesn't deal enough damage even with it's debuff to be relevant. 3/10

=== Meches Down ===

- Hellkite: Pretty bad for its tier. Low damage and no projectile along with a weak give this sword very little use aside from being cheap to make. 3/10

=== Calamitas Down ===

- Crushsaw Crasher: Pretty bad in my opinion. Its single target damage is hard to achieve as the claws and the axe usually cancel each other out. And even with that it isn't very impressive. Its multi target abilities are similarly bad with only two pierces even with a debuff. 3/10

- Brimstone Flameblaster: Underpowered in my opinion. Its single target damage is horrible and its easily overshadowed by other weapons for crowd control. Some niche use to the high number of bounces but there are better weapons to use. 4/10

=== Tier 2 Eclipse ===

- True Excalibur Shortsword: I'm not a fan of this weapon at all. While its dps isn't terrible and the piercing is nice. It still falls behind other weapons and I find the rapid number of clicks to max out its damage very unfun to use. 3/10

- True Night's Stabber: Same issue as the Excalibur short sword, but feels much more comfortable to use due to the 50% slower attack speed. 4/10

- True Bloody Edge: Not that good in my opinion. The swords dps isn't that good. The slow projectiles don't have the best use as ranged attacks. And because only the sword heals and not the projectiles, and only by small amounts, that is nearly a non factor. 4/10

- Burning Sea: Somewhat weak compared to the other weapons of the tier. Its single target damage is pretty bad and only piercing 4 targets isn't particularly good crowd control at this tier. The homing feature while cool, don't really increase its dps. 4/10

=== Plantera Down ===

- Magna Striker: Pretty bad for its tier. While its a direct upgrade to the opal striker its overall dps is just far too low to be useful at this tier. 3/10

- Temporal Floe Sword: Not really worth using. Having to grind for both ice cores and a broken hero sword when you could make a better terra weapon just doesn't give it much use. 4/10

=== Chaotic Ore Tier ===

- Greatbow of Turmoil: Not that good. Its specific arrows limit its versatility and it doesn't have the dps to make up for it. 4/10

- Hellfire Flamberg: Not very good. It's weaker than swords than come earlier and has no special edge. 4/10

=== Bar of Life Tier ===

=== Core Tier ===

- Abyss Blade: Not very good. The debuff is more or less useless in hardmode and the sword doesn't deal enough damage to stand out. 4/10

=== Leviathan Down ===

- Leviatitan: Not that good. By the time its available its inability to use ammo and useless debuff make it fall behind the pack. 4/10

- Lure of Enthrallment: Terrible. Does around 100 dps when most other weapons are dealing around 800-1100. It has a little bit of support knockback but it doesn't even do that well. 1/10

=== Golem Down ===

- Soul Harvester: Kinda weak in my opinion. Both its single target and crowd control damage is pretty low. And plague only helps so much with its very low base damage. 4/10

- Plague Staff: Not worth it in my opinion. Its damage is just too low compared to the previous tier of crowd control weaponry. 4/10

=== Goliath Down ===

=== Uelibloom Tier ===

- Hellion Flower Spear: Really bad. Its much worse than a lot of spears which came earlier. 2/10

- Gamma Fusillade: Somewhat weak. Even against targets with no defense it doesn't deal that much damage. And its ultra rapid fire attacks cause defense to hurt its attack badly unless combined with defense down debufs. 4/10

=== Martians Down ===

- Wingman: Rather weak. It has no piercing and its dps is worse than a lot of previous weapons. 3/10

- Charged Dart Blaster: Does worse dps than a dart rifle with cursed darts despite being made out of it. 1/10

=== Frost Moon Down ===

=== Cultist Down ===

=== Nebula Tower ===

- Xeroc Pitchfork: A bit weak in my opinion. Thrower already has much better options for single target damage and it isn't even the best at multi target damage due to its low damage rate. 4/10

=== Vortex Tower ===

=== Solar Tower ===

=== Moonlord Down ===

- Spectralstorm Cannon: Its a crowd control weapon through and through. Although given this point in the game is mostly bosses, this weapon suffers somewhat from a lack of usefulness. 4/10

- Elemental Axe: Not very good compared to the rest of its tier. The axes have a tendency to drift away from their target and their piercing attacks prevent groups of them from being that effective. 4/10

- Elemental Blaster: Kinda weak compared to the rest of the tier. Despite being a ranged weapon it deals significantly less damage than the elemental melee weapons at range. 4/10

=== Profaned Enemies ===

- Energy Staff: Does about 350 dps when other weapons are doing several thousand. 0/10

=== Providence Down ===

Providence seems to drop very underwhelming weapons in general. With tower tier and early galactic weapons being comparable or better.

Blissful Bombardier: Pretty bad. Its damage isn't really high enough to be that effective against bosses and other weapons do crowd control better. 2/10

Molten Amputator: Same problems as the bombard but not as severe. 3/10

Holy Collider: Same as the other two. 3/10

Purge Guzzler: Probably the best weapon providence drops but still underwhelming. 4/10

The Storm: Hard to aim in exchange for dps that isn't even that good. The storm is a very lacking weapon. 2/10

Mirror Blade: An interesting concept. But its ranged attack is just too weak to take advantage of it in most circumstances. 3/10

=== Devourer Down ===

The majority of these weapons are good mechanically, but lack the damage to compete with other weapons of the tier.

- Excelsus: Dps isn't terrible but is hard to use on fast targets and requires you to get into melee range to use the storm of projectiles. 4/10

- Essence Flayer: Plain ol underwhelming. It's dps isn't that good and crowd control is done better by other weapons. 3/10

- The Enforcer: Low dps and needs to get into a very short range to deal any damage. 3/10

- The Obliterator: A good weapon limited by low dps. 4/10

- Galaxia: Very underwhelming damage. Although it has some non combat utility. 3/10

- Deathwind: A great bow, but needs more dps to be useful. 4/10

- Executioner's Blade: Same deal as the Yo-Yo and bow. 4/10

=== Yharon Down ===

- Dragon's Breath: Doesn't really deal enough damage to be worth using over other weapons of the tier. Although it would be a very good weapon otherwise. 4/10

- Profaned Trident: Very underwhelming damage and projectile compared to the other weapons in the tier. 3/10

- Dragon Rage: Same problem as dragon's breath, good weapon but not enough damage. 4/10

- Teardrop Cleaver: The weapon causes any enemy hit that isn't immune to temporal sadness to permanently lose the ability to deal damage

- Phoenix Blade: Never spawns healing orbs

- Brimlash and Brimlash Buster: When aiming directly up, down, left, or right, the brimstone bolts instantly explode

Not too sure how useful this last list will be as their all properly balanced, but I've included it just in case.

=== Surface Tier ===

- Sun Spirit Staff: A decent early game weapon, not the highest damage but it can help with annoying early game enemies like bats or groups of slimes. 5/10

- Winter's Furry: It's... interesting? The DPS is very high for such a cheap weapon but it's hard to aim and is worthless in caves. Personally I have issues doing anything meaningful with it. But that might just be me sucking at predicting where enemies will go. 5/10

- Flash Rounds: Powerful early game crowd control. While the bullets are a little on the costly side. The large AOE confusion and lack of prehardmode confusion res makes it a very solid choice in my option. 9/10

=== Cave Tier ===

- Marnite Obliterator: I know this isn't technically a weapon, but I feel the need to mention it. The dps is very high for an early game weapon which makes it an interesting choice if you can deal with its nonexistant range. 7/10

- Marnite Rifle Spear: One of the best early game weapons in my opinion. The ranged damage is already high for its tier but its bayonet gives it immense close range firepower. A bit risky due to rangers usually having low defense. But not much can survive long enough at that range to be a threat. 9/10

- Marnite Spear: A decent early game spear. It has good dps for its tier but its range is pretty low for a spear. An interesting choice but I feel the rifle outclasses it at close range, as it's difficult to take advantage of it's piercing due to the tiny range. 6/10

- Mandible Bow: A platinum bow with much higher velocity and knockback. A great help to rangers who struggle with bats or leading the target. 6/10

- Mandible Claws: Suuuuper fast and high dps in return for suuuuper short range. I'm not realy a fan of this type of weapon but it eviscerates anything that enters its tiny little range. A very powerful early weapon. 8/10

- Acceleration Rounds: An interesting type of bullet. The bullet acceleration isn't really high enough to make it stand out from the silver bullets in my opinion. But it has some niche use with low velocity guns. 5/10

- Seabound Staff: A good little workhorse summon. Its decent damage and piercing make it a solid early game weapon. Even if sometimes it flies off weirdly or gets stuck on walls. Also I find it kinda cute, which definitely gets it points in my book. 6/10

- Barnicade: A good early game bow. Its natural arrows give it high accuracy and great dps for its tier. But it quickly falls off without the ability to use special arrow effects and pierce enemy defense. 6/10

- Storm Spray: This one is a bit weird to use. Its single target damage isn't that good unless it double hits. And you have to make sure it flies low or else the drips despawn before they hit anything. It's decent against crowds but can be awkward to use. 5/10

- Cnidarian: It's an early game Yo-Yo with decent speed, damage, and infinite flight. A-ok in my book! 6/10

- Coral Spout: A niche weapon that fills its niche very well. While totally useless against most bosses and flying enemies. It completely destroys land based enemies no matter how many there are (unless their walking right). A limited but very strong weapon. 7/10

- Seabow: It's a better demon bow. Not a whole lot to say on this one but my fingers very much appreciate autofire. 6/10

- Seashell Boomerang: Not much to say like the seabow. Decent weapon and it's nice that it has a melee and thrower version. Also it sometimes goes through thin walls. 6/10

- Urchin Spear: I like this one a lot. The decent range and fast speed allow it to easily knock back crowds of enemies. Its single target damage isn't that bad either. Also I like the little detail of the urchin poisoning enemies. 7/10

- Crystalline: This one is kinda weird. Its dps under normal circumstances is average but against larger groups or big bosses its burst makes it very strong if the enemies have lower defense. The backwards spike also helps with back attacks. Honestly this weapon is a bit confusing for me to rate as it feels very circumstantial, but is powerful when the time is right. 6/10

=== EoC Down ===

- Pumpler: Very similar to the mini shark, its slightly higher damage and lesser spread along with slightly cheaper cost make it a very worthwhile weapon for calamity's stronger bosses. 8/10

=== Broke Shadow Orb ===

- Opal Striker: Personally one of my favorite early game guns. The burst fire combined with perfect accuracy and higher damage than the mini shark makes it a very useful weapon for when its acquired, even if it does lack special bullet effects. 8/10

=== Meteor Tier ===

- Magna Cannon: It's decent. The projectile has decent speed and it's cheap to cast, but the tripple shot hurts its damage potential against armoured foes. 6/10

- Meteor Fist: ROCKET PUNCH GOOOO! It's a ranged melee weapon with similar firepower to the direct ones. A great support weapon for melee characters when facing many types of enemies. 7/10

- Feather Knife: A strong throwing weapon with high speed, decent damage, and some piercing. While it arcs like other knives the fast speed and big bouncing makes this not much of a drawback. 6/10

- Tradewinds: Functionals very similarly to the knives, but in return for a mana cost it flies faster, and arcs less. Definitely an improvement over them. 7/10

- Air Spinner: One of the best prehard mode Yo-Yos. The extreme speed allows it to rapidly land hits and quickly hit enemies. The low number of hits per throw is a bit of an issue. But once you get the rhythm down it can deal some heavy dps. 8/10

- Goldplume Spear: Pretty much a direct upgrade from the previous spears. And every bit as good as them in its tier. 7/10

- Storm Surge: A decent crowd control weapon. Its firepower is a bit lacking but it's still a decent choice. 5/10

=== Goblins Down ===

- Warblade: A plain ol sword. Not really remarkable but much better balanced than the god awful vanilla broadswords. 5/10

=== Jungle Tier ===

- Firestorm Cannon: I love this weapon. It's so silly but the infinite piercing and setting everything on fire help make up for its terribly low damage. Not the best in most situations but when it finds its spot it can really shine. 6/10

- Mana Rose: A powerful weapon for many situations. Possessing both high single target and great at hitting fast targets. The mana rose is a very solid weapon despite its somewhat low range. 8/10

- Caustic Edge: A powerful broadsword for when it's obtained. Not that special but packs solid firepower and range. 6/10

- Dank Staff/Blood Clot Staff: These are two of my favorite early summons. Their fast speed, good targeting, and decent damage make them powerful summons for their tier. They don't work well in groups and prevent you from using piercing weapons sometimes. But they do a good job on their own anyways. 7/10

- Shadethrower: A fantastic crowd control weapon. The fast fire, slight knockback, and infinite piercing make it able to handle a crowd no matter the size. Also it saves gel! 8/10

- Shaderain Staff: A great fire and forget weapon. Piercing rain and high dps make it great for boss support or wearing down invasions. And double clouds on top of that! 7/10

- Shadowdrop Staff: A fantastic weapon in my opnion. The high mana cost is easily compensated by how much dps it deals against crowds and large bosses. Its biggest drawback is the next two areas you'll visit are both underground, which harms its usefulness. 9/10

- Blood Bath: Similar to the shadow staff but trades crowd control for firepower, a very good sidegrade. 9/10

- Perfect Dark/Vein Burster: Very powerful close range weapons, their short range projectile gives a lot of extra firepower and utility to an early game sword. While their anti-boss power is a bit lacking, their crowd control easily makes up for that. 7/10

- Aorta: Pretty much a direct upgrade to the air spinner. Although in this tier it isn't quite as good. 7/10

- Bloody Rupture/Leeching Dagger: While limited to usual short sword enemies. The addiction of homing orbs that heal you on each kill gives this one a powerful edge in crowd control. 6/10

- Sausage Maker: The next tier of spear and just as good. Although this one has some competition from an equally good sword. 7/10

- Eviscerator: A pre HM sniper rifle! While its boss killing isn't amazing. The ability to quickly oneshot annoying enemies gives it a solid niche for normally rapid fire rangers. 6/10

=== Dungeon Tier ===

- Frost Bolt: It's like waterbolt but less piercing and damage in return for higher speed and a great debuff. Better for small groups or single targets but a bit worse for big bunches. A great sidegrade to one of my favorite weapons. 8/10

=== Hell Tier ===

- Burnt Sienna: A decent weapon for when you get it. While it's lacking in firepower 9 hp per kill isn't bad. 5/10

- Lunarian Bow: One of the best pre HM weapons. The dual shot of fast, perfectly accurate arrows, and the ability to slide along the floor on a miss makes it an excellent addition to any ranger's arsenal. 9/10

- Flare Bolt: An upgraded Frost Bolt. Definitely worth a look in the wall of flesh battle and early HM. 8/10

- Bladecrest Oathsword: Works very similar to the corrupt/crimson swords. Although with the high base velocity of its demon scythe it definitely has the edge in ranged combat. 7/10

- Flameburst Shortsword: Another of the good short swords. While it's range is tiny the massive debuff and chain reactions from enemies exploding give it immense crowd control power. 8/10

- Old Lord Oathsword: High damage but it's not really enough to make it stand out from the projectile swords. 5/10

- Night's Stabber: Revenge of the short sword! Still the same problems as a normal short sword... which don't really matter because it shoots piercing, homing, multi hit, wall ignoring dark energy blasts. The fact the energy can last for a short bit without acquiring a target also gives it even more of an edge. Not as good as the flame saber in pure crowd control but better for general situations. 8/10

- Demonic Pitchfork: A strong weapon with great single target dps and decent crowd control. Although it's somewhat held back by the very high mana cost. 7/10

=== Slime God Down ===

- Gel Dart: Channel your inner super monkey! Rapid fire darts with power, 5 pierces/bounces, and high speed make these the best throwing weapon pre HM has to offer. 8/10

- Gunk Shot: A great side arm for a ranger to keep baddies away while dealing high damage. Its range is what you'd expect from a shotgun. 8/10

- The God's Gambit: High firepower, decent speed, long range, and infinite fly time make this one of the best pre hard mode melee weapons. Although it's a bit weak against the fast hellbats in hell. Also it makes goo! 8/10

- Corroslime/Crimslime Staff: A very powerful close range summon that tends to obliterate anything it can get its little... horns? Teeth? Blob? on. Although they don't work well in groups and have some trouble in groups and flying enemies are difficult for them to hit. 8/10

- Eldritch tome: While possessing slightly less raw power than the other slime god weapons. The ability to infinitely pierce, apply a decent debuff, and rapidly burst out make this one of the best crowd control weapons in pre hard mode. 9/10

- Gelitic Blade: Very similar to the other shooty pre hm swords. This one's advantage is the most piercing at the cost of slightly lower damage. So a solid choice just like the others. 7/10

- Abysal Tome: While it's single target damage is a bit weak. The ability to mass inflict a powerful debuff, shoot through walls, and leave mines for enemies to run makes it a very nice utility weapon to have. 8/10

=== WoF Down ===

- Meowthrower: Very similar to the shade thrower, but its low base damage makes it suffer a bit in hardmode due to higher enemy defense. 6/10

- Lazinator: While this weapon is basically a straight upgrade from the laser rifle, it kinda neuters its own effectiveness by shooting so fast it only hits every other shot, resulting it in dealing about the same dps as the laser rifle. 5/10

=== Early Hardmode ===

- Biome Blade: An easy to obtain and excellent start to a hardmode melee's arsenal. It's high dps and decent ranged abilties give it a very powerful all around use. Also it's just plain cool to use with the changing projectile. 8/10

- Orichalcum Spiked Gemstone: While their damage is a bit low the fact these slide along the ground and pierce a lot is interesting. I'd say they have enough of a niche to be a decent weapon. 5/10

- Titanium Shuriken: A much needed step up in direct firepower for throwing. The multi pierce, fast projectile speed, and good damage make it a stand out option for early throwing weapons. 7/10

- Titanium Railgun: While its single target damage isn't the best. A hit scan piercing weapon certainly has its uses. 6/10

- Floodtide: Very similar to the storm saber but with higher dps. It also shoots sharks which automatically makes it better. 8/10

- Flarewing Bow: Definitely one of the more unique bows. I had a lot of trouble getting this one to work out at first but I feel with practice it servers as a very solid crowd cleaner, especially in closed in areas where the bats can bounce around. 6/10

- Cursed Capper: An ok early HM weapon. While its max dps is a bit hard to achive due to the manual fire, its high damage and debuff allow it to easily punch through enemy defense to still deal solid damage. 6/10

- Cursed Dagger: A decent choice for thrower. It's not really that amazing but if you get a drop early it can provide a good boost to firepower with its passable damage, piercing, and debuff. 5/10

- Ichor Spear: While the weapon itself isn't that remarkable. The ability to apply ichor at range with no mana cost gives it a very solid case for a support weapon for any class. 7/10

- Crimsaber: A powerful early hardmode sword that has both decent single target damage and an amazing crowd control with mass ichor applying. Letting it quickly slay groups or switch to another better suited weapon. Useless in caves but melee doesn't really have problems with that. 8/10

- True Caustic Edge: While not the best at single target damage, a piercing sword beam and mass of debuffs make this an excelent crowd control and support weapon. It doesn't hurt its fairly cheap to acquire and can help see when exploring the HM caves. 7/10

- Crystal Blade: A weird but really cool sword that deals most of its damage at range. The glowing effect can sometimes cover up some enemy projectiles but I find its decent ranged abilities and high overall damage easily compensate for that. 7/10

- Frigidflash bolt: Yet another upgrade to the bolt series of spells and still great. High single target damage, extremely powerful crowd control. And a great cave weapon with bouncing shots that make enemies provide light. Definitely one of the better early mage spells. 9/10

- Storm Saber: Another useful early HM sword. The storm saber trades crowd control for one of the best projectiles and higher damage than the other magic swords. Doesn't hurt the enemy that drops it also has a very powerful summon. 8/10

- Relic of Ruin: One of the best defensive weapons in early HM. While it's direct firepower is a bit low. The omni directional burst of advancing projectiles lets it wack away any approaching enemies who aren't immune to knocback. Giving the player time to use another weapon or simply run away. It also has the ability to deal very heavy dps if you get knockback immunity and stand directly on your target at the cost of hp. 8/10

- Spear of Paleolith: A very mixed weapon. While its damage under normal circumstances is pretty weak. Mass armour break allows other weapons to easily mop up. It also has surprisingly high firepower if you can get a boss to stay in one location and throw spears straight up. 7/10

- Forsaken Saber: Definitely a strong contender for best close ranged melee weapon in early HM. Its fast speed combined with a powerful projectile gives it some of the highest close ranged dps as well as still useful ranged abilities. 9/10

- Death Valley Duster: A great utility and crowd control weapon. Its somewhat low single target damage is easily overcome by high piercing and terrain ignoring. The cheap cost of the spell is just the icing on the cake. 8/10

- Storm/Sand Waifu: Two of the absolute best summons for non summoners in my opinion. Their damage for just two minion slots is extremely high, and for the cost of a little set up and carrying a summon table around can give the player an extremely useful minion with both great anti boss and crowd control. Although they can make using piercing weapons difficult. 9/10

- Slag Magnum: A fantastic weapon for early hardmode. Powerful shots that fragment and a debuff that enables its weaker shrapnel to break through enemy defense makes it an excellent trash cleaner. Although the fact a lot of bosses are immune to it hurts its usefulness later on unless combined with ichor. 9/10

- Earthen Pike: A great early HM melee weapon. Decent power combined with a great debuff and surprisingly long range for its small size. The spear is a valuable addition that is well worth hunting earth elementals. 8/10

- Aftershock: The earth elemental sure has good drops. Yet another great early melee weapon that has powerful ranged abilities with its storm of flying rocks. Huge crowd control power due to the tidal wave of rocks summoned. 9/10

- Hell Burst: Honestly if it weren't for the very roundabout way you have to do to get this weapon it would probably be overpowered. As it stands it has some of the best single target damage for early HM as well as fantastic crowd control due to its vilethorn roots. 9/10

- Celestial Claymore: Definitely one of the more unique weapons. Kinda iffy against single targets but the mass of energy orbs lets you knock crowds back while focuses on a single target. Also a great side arm for more ranged classes. 8/10

=== Pirates Down ===

- Raider's Glory: Basically a titanium crossbow you might get for free. Not bad, just not particularly good either unless you get lucky with drops. 5/10

- Proporse Pistol: It's like the titanium railgun but worse and free if your lucky. Not bad, just not really that good either. 5/10

=== Cryogen Down ===

- Frostspark Bullets: Extremely powerful in my opinion. The ability to lock down dangerous mobs and deal extra damage to bosses along with a bit of DOT make it one of the best bullets in its tier. Although I find it a bit weird you can freeze the ice queen. 9/10

- Verium Bullet: Better Chloropyte bullets. Personally I don't really use homming bullets but their a solid upgrade obtained much earlier than normal for those that do. 7/10

- Ice Star: Homing frozen stars of death. While their fire rate is a bit lower than the titanium shurikens, that doesn't really matter since the stars home in to make sure they deal as many hits as they can. 7/10

- Glacial Crusher: A fantastic crowd control weapon. A piercing, freezing projectile combined with debuffs and decent power make it great for dealing with fodder mobs. 8/10

- Permaforst: A weird but very useful and fun weapon. Its single target damage is decent, but crowd control is where it shines with a mass of freezing ice spikes that allow it to easily lock down any number of fodder mobs. It also sounds really cool with dozens of ice crystal explosions. 9/10

=== Cryonic Ore Tier ===

- Shadecrystal Barrage: A powerful upgrade of the already strong spell. The shadecrystal barrage is a spell with virtually no downsides. Rapid speed, decent range, cheap cost. Its one drawback is that its damage is fairly low, which just like the original crystal storm is greatly helped by using ichor. 9/10

- Shimmerspark: A great start to hardmode Yo-Yos. Combining the usual single target power of a yo yo with a piecing star laser gives it even more flexibility than most Yo-Yos. And its solid speed and infinite flight only add to that. 8/10

- Darkecho Greatbow: A weird bow that I feel is sometimes at odds with itself. It has powerful single target damage, that it often can't take advantage of because of the dual unholy arrows. Crowd control on the other hand it shines with its ability to fire multiple types of piecing arrows let it easy mop up crowds and still deal decent damage to stronger targets. 8/10

- Crystal Piercer: Somewhat of a downgrade from the ice stars. While it has higher firepower and a nice debuff, its dps is somewhat worse and no homming is a downside that its high piercing doesn't really make up for. 5/10

- Starnight Lance: A great hard mode spear. High damage, good speed, decent range, a nice little debuff. This would already be a good spear without its laser lance which only adds to its usefulness in crowd control. 8/10

- Triniy: A fantastic ranged sword. Due to its multiple shot types, the sword excels at both single target damage and crowd control. A bit on the random side due to the projectiles, but its sheer utility and strength make it definitely worth trying. 9/10

=== Meches Down ===

- Speed Blaster: A very powerful gun that requires no ammo to pump out a never ending stream of rainbow death. Only really loses out to other weapons because its unable to use other types of ammo. 9/10

- Dualpoon: A decent weapon for its tier. Decent single target firepower and some piercing help compensate for its akward short range and projectile. 6/10

- Excalibur Shortsword: An extremely strong shortsword that is held back by its lack of secondary effect. 5/10

- Majestic Guard: A very good supportive weapon. Its defense reduction and healing lets it support either better weapons or for some healing. And due to the slow defense reduction it doesn't turn the user into an immoral god of health drain. 8/10

- Flarefrost Blade: A very nice sword for its tier. The high damage and decent projectile give it powerful close combat abilties as well as some ranged power. Although its crowd control is a bit lacking due to the lack of piercing projectile. 7/10

- Forbidden Oathblade: Definitely one of the best post mech weapons despite being a bit grindy to get. It has very high damage for both single target damage at close range due to the slow scythes striking multiple times. And powerful crowd control due to the shadowflame debuff and moderate amount of piercing. 9/10

- Ark of the Ancients: A very versatile and powerful sword. It can do well at both boss fighting and especially crowd control. Although its boss damage is somewhat lowered by its mass of piercing projectiles overriding each other. 8/10

- Catastrophe Claymore: A powerful single target sword with an interesting multi debuff theme. Although the only debuff that really makes a difference is ichor as the others deal too little dps to be useful. 8/10

- Pwnagehammer: A decent choice for striking down fast moving targets or wacking away annoying ones. Although its damage is fairly weak and its hard to land group hits. 5/10

- Feralthorn Claymore: An excellent all around sword with the power of a hard mode sword and the utility of vilethorn. It has an especailly nice timing as the cramped jungle is the next area to visit. Its sole weakness is melee speed doesn't really help it due to the thorn based attack. 8/10

- Quagmire: A multi target Yo-Yo is a bit of a weird concept. But this pulls it off with grace. Somewhat low single damage is made up with massive crowd control potential and a little debuff for some extra damage. 8/10

- Mangrove Chakram: A decent choice for a melee ranged weapon. It also has convenient timing of the jungle coming up soon which allows its bouncing and large size to help clear out the annoying hornets. 7/10

- Bladedge Greatbow: A fantastic bow that excels at both single target and crowd control. If it weren't for the fact the chlorophyte arrows cut its single target damage I'd say it would be overpowered. 9/10

- Everglade Spray: An upgraded version of the already great golden shower. With more power, and an additional debuff. This is a great upgrade for one of the most useful early HM spells. 9/10

=== Calamitas Down ===

- Entropy's Vigil: A great summon for its tier. What it lacks in single target firepower it easily makes up for in fantastic crowd control due to the half cost minions with piercing attacks. The fact they go through walls also greatly helps with the issue of flying minions getting stuck. 8/10

- Oblivion: A very powerful Yo-Yo with a built in laser cannon. Great stats all around and the low base damage of its lasers is easily compensated with ichor to allow it to hit for amazing amounts of dps. 9/10

- Havoc's Breath: A great upgrade to the flame thrower line. While costly to keep it running. It has decent single target damage and fantastic crowd control with very high piercing and a strong debuff. 8/10

- Lashes of Chaos: A fantastic crowd control spell that can deal great single target damage as well if carefull aimed. A bit on the expensive side to cast but its great overall usefulness makes it still a great choice. 9/10

=== Tier 2 Eclipse ===

- True Forbidden Oathblade: A fantastic sword that is more ranged weapon than sword. The tripple burst of scythes gives it very high dps at close range and still respectable damage at range. Tends to reduce fodder enemies to a red mist due to said tripple scythe attack. 9/10

- Profaned Sword: A fantastic crowd control weapon. The little brimstone gysers block enemies from advancing and deal very heavy damage along with the sword. Letting it easily mop up any land based enemies. 8/10

- Mariana: A decent choice. Its single target damage isn't that good but it has great crowd control with its bubble burst. 6/10

=== Plantera Down ===

- Terra Bullet: It's like Chloropyte bullets and crystal bullets had an amazingly talented child. Fantastic bullets that are well worth the investment. 9/10

- Mineral Mortar: While craftable earlier, the mineral mortar has no ammo until now. And it totally pays off with fantastic single target damage and the sand sharks give it great crowd control and utility. 8/10

- Tyrant Yharim's Ultisword: A fantastic weapon for its tier that excells at everything. Powerful single target and crowd control due to its piercing homing projectiles and powerful debuffs to boost its strength even further. A bit costly to make but still great. 9/10

- Terra Shiv: Definitely an improvement over the previous short shorts. While not the highest in damage it fast attack speed and piercing make it a great side arm for users of slower single target weapons. 6/10

- Terra Edge: The upgraded form of the somewhat questionable bloody swords pays off! With pretty good damage and the sword beam and sword both healing every hit. It is a great side arm for regaining some health or just dealing damage with its powerful attack. 8/10

- Primordial Earth: One of the best crowd control spells in the game. An big improvement on the already great death valley duster make it a solid choice for any mage. 9/10

- Clock Gatlingnum: An extremely powerful gun that is held back by a lack of special bullets. While high velocity is nice it lacks some of the variety of other guns. Still extremely useful against bosses. 8/10

- Wrath of the Ancients: Another great crowd control spell that leans more on the technical side for its strength. The ability to be placed anywhere and deal very high damage if the enemy is right on top of the burst makes it a very strong but not quite overpowered weapon. 9/10

- True Biome Blade: It's an ok choice. While its not really BAD by any means, it's just overshadowed by the other swords you can get around now. Still decent if you can't get broken hero swords. 6/10

=== Chaotic Ore Tier ===

- Forbidden Sun: A great crowd control weapon. The sheer size of the blast let it easily hit enemies behind walls and provide a shield to the user against fodder mobs. A bit costly to use though. 8/10

- Flame Scythe: A difficult to use but powerful weapon. While its basic dps is outright terrible. If you can throw it behind groups of enemies it deals fantastic amounts of damage due to the mass of explosions. 6/10

- Exsanguination Lance: Definitely a limited weapon. While its single target damage isn't that good. The very long each and high piercing laser give it some great crowd control for the dungeon. Doesn't really matter though as it can be instantly upgraded to the terra lance. 6/10

- Terra Lance: A excellent upgrade to the spear line. Combing the best of all the previous spears it boasts great overall performance and even more utility due to the ethereal lance. Definitely can be used to great effect in the dungeon. 9/10

- Chaotrix: Another decent AoE Yo-Yo. Sorely lacking in direct fire like much of the chaotic tier. But makes up for it with some powerful crowd control. 6/10

- The Ballista: A incredibly strong crowd control weapon with powerful exploding bolts. Also has very powerful single target damage if carefully aimed. Giving it quite a lot of use. 9/10

- Spectre Rifle: An alternate version of the sniper rifle. Not the highest dps but very high burst damage is very useful for taking out annoying enemies. 6/10

=== Bar of Life Tier ===

- Hyperious Bullet: Double shot bullets, what's not to love? A bit inaccurate against fast enemies but its sheer firepower gives it a very good case. 9/10

=== Core Tier ===

- P90: Varries between amazing and absolutely terrible. If you can find a low defense enemy or apply enough defense downs it can deal incredible amounts of damage when combined with high damage bullets. Otherwise its totally useless. Still excellent in my opinion due to its power when the time is right. 9/10

- Megalodon: A decent choice for a more reliable ranged weapon but needs special bullets to boost its base damage to do really good. Its biggest problem is the existence of the Helstorm. 7/10

- Conclave Crossfire: A wonky but very strong gun that works much better as a boss killer than against fodder due to its wild rain of bullets. Works fantastically with homing bullets which negate most of its spread. 9/10

- Tears of heaven. A through and through crowd control weapon. As the last of the bolt spells it preforms just like the rest, except now it pierces walls so it can wipe the screen of any fodder mobs that enter it. 9/10

- Terra-cotta: A great supportive melee weapon that is even better at self healing due to the explosions causing chain reactions. Not the best at direct firepower but still a great sidearm. 7/10

- Sun God Staff: Definitely an important step for summoners due to its lack of piercing enabling them to use it for focus fire. Also helps out non summoners since it doesn't override piercing attacks. 8/10

- True Paladin's Hammer: A very strong supportive melee weapon with some slight AoE. Great for bunched moon event enemies or fliers out of reach. 8/10

- Barracuda Gun: I'm not too sure about this one. Just like the piranha gun its damage isn't very good but it also is great for focusing on dodging. 5/10

- Lucrecia: A fantastic crowd control sword due to it having both a thorn attack and grating invincibility for a short time. It also has surprisingly high single target firepower that gives it a great overall usefulness. 8/10

- True Ark of the Ancients: A boss killer sword and one of the best weapons of the tier. While outclassed in dealing with fodder mobs, its power when attacking large targets is the best of the melee weapons for its tier. Making it a very good choice for blade users. 9/10

- Blade of Enmity: Some of the highest dps in the tier in return for being just a plain ol sword. Very strong but risky to use. 8/10

=== Leviathan Down ===

- Green Tide: While not quite as good at single target damage as the True Ark. It still posses great firepower and is much better underground since its projectiles pierce the ground. The fact it needs to land hits for projectiles hurts its usefulness a bit. 7/10

- Atlantis: Functions very similarly to the primordial earth spell but does higher damage. A solid upgrade to that spell. 8/10

- Brackish Flask: A huge upgrade for throwers. With its ability to deal heavy damage to both big bosses and groups. The flask has a use for nearly any situation. 9/10

=== Golem Down ===

- Acid Bullet: Their an ok source of ammo. The DOT isn't that useful at the level their found at but having high damage is a nice perk. 5/10

- Terra Flameburster: A powerful upgrade of the previous tier of flame throwers than can have great use in the upcoming lunar events. 7/10

=== Goliath Down ===

- Pandemic: Another crowd control Yo-Yo and works even better than the last ones. Has high single target dps as well and is great for the lunar events. 8/10

- Blight Spewer: Like its tooltip says its effective against nearly anything. One of the few flamethrowers with good single target dps and excellent crowd control. 8/10

- Virulence: It's basically a worse blight spewer. While it has some use since it goes through walls. That isn't all that useful at this tier. 5/10

- The Hive: A great crowd control weapon. Although single target damage is somewhat limited by the low damage of the bees they can prove a great aid with knocking fodder mobs around to line up the rockets. 8/10

=== Uelibloom Tier ===

- Verdant: Nearly identical to the pandemic with all that entails. 8/10

- Nettlevine Greatbow: Another excellent mixed bow. The automatic toxic and chlorophyte arrows provide cheap and high firepower. But its lack of control over the arrows reduce its overal damage a bit. Still very strong in almost all situations. 9/10

- Plasma Rifle: A decent option for crowd control. The bursting clouds can cover and area and deal good damage to anything that enters it. Although the terrible firerate huts its overall power. 6/10

- Lifefruit Scythe: Its single target damage and healing aren't very good. But the high piercing combines very well with its passable damage for a strong crowd control weapon. 7/10

- Tarragon Throwing Dart: Not that good in most circumstances but high speed and piercing is good for sniping annoying monsters. 5/10

- Pestilent Defiler: A strong but simple gun that is a decent choice for high defense enemies. 7/10

- True Tyrant's Ultisword: An extremely powerful sword with high damage for both bosses and groups. The homing lasers only add to its firepower, although sometimes it can clock itself due to the large number of piercing attacks 9/10

=== Martians Down ===

- Impaler: An excellent weapon for the moons with extremely fast exploding piercing stakes. Single target dps isn't that good but it doesn't need it. 7/10

- Baleful Harvester: An excellent sword with flaming skulls that turn into flaming bolts. Giving it great power against both bosses and hoards of enemies. 9/10

=== Frost Moon Down ===

- Holiday Halberd: Not the best single target damage but can hit very hard against groups at close range. 6/10

- Scorpio: A single target rocket launcher is an odd concept. But with very high single target the scropio is certainly worth a shot. 7/10

=== Cultist Down ===

=== Nebula Tower ===

- The Empryrean: A cheaper but weaker alternative to the plague spewer. A decent choice if you just want some power without as much slime farming. 6/10

- Tome of Fates: A decent crowd control weapon. Cheap cost and high fire are somewhat held back by the super tentacle often being overridden by the lesser ones. 7/10

- Xeroc Greatsword: A very powerful single target greatsword with strong ranged attacks as well. Great for dealing with nearly any type of boss but is a bit weaker against trash. 8/10

- Terratomre: An upgraded version of the xeroc greatsword. Still amazing while not being overpowered. 9/10

- Nuclear Fury: Crowd control to the max. A scream clearing blast of disks with limited uses on bosses. But once you get it the lunar event will fall with ease. 9/10

- Cosmic Rainbow: Yay rainbows! Slaughters fodder mobs and protects the player. An excellent utility weapon for trash clearing. 8/10

=== Vortex Tower ===

- Nano Purge: An extremely strong weapon with a tendency to instantly devour your mana. Still very powerful for the short time it can fire before it eats it all up. 9/10

- Starfleet: As the tool tip says. It blows up everything, boss or fodder. 9/10

- Shroomer: A very powerful rifle that I feel works better for crowd control than bosses. Due to it having a very powerful special attack that can shred groups of enemies. 8/10

- The Swarmer: While possessing very high dps. I feel its held back by its somewhat low damage. Although if you can get around that its an extremely powerful homing weapon that's good against all types of enemies. 8/10

- Moonsoon (expert): A very powerful single target bow that also naturally has crowd control due to the monsoon arrows. It has some issues with piercing types of arrows but has very impressive single target damage. 9/10

=== Solar Tower ===

- Storm Ruler: A very powerful supportive blade than can be used to totally block off fodder mobs or deal more damage to bosses while dodging. Either way, its actual damage output is a bit lacking to single enemies or bosses. 8/10

- Lazhar: A very powerful crowd control weapon that especially shines in closed in spaces. Turning anything caught into its beam into a mess of explosions and lasers. Decent single target dps as well. 8/10

- Elemental Disk: Not the highest power when used directly. But the super long range of the disks let you set up death walls that obliterate fodder. 6/10

- Omega Biome Blade: Trades the homing and AoE of the terratomre for stronger damage. An interesting option for higher damage. 9/10

- Astreal Defeat: Another very powerful ranged weapon that is somewhat awkward to use at range. But its very high natural power combined with an odd but useful spread make it an excellent contender for its tier. 9/10

- Grand Guardian: A very powerful sword that obliterates fodder mobs. While its damage against single targets isn't the best at above 50% hp. Once it gets them below it deals massive amounts of damage. 9/10

=== Moonlord Down ===

- Clockwork Bow: A very powerful crowd control weapon that is also effective against large bosses. Somewhat limited in scope but great at what it does. It also has amazing synergy with the vanquisher arrows. 6/10 (9/10 with vanquisher arrows)

- Genisis: A very powerful magic weapon that is effective against everything for as long as your mana holds out. Which tends to not be long. 9/10

- Onyx Chain Blaster: A powerful gun that unleashes a mass of projectiles that can clear out any type of enemy depending on the bullet. 8/10

- Effervescence: Another very powerful magic weapon. More effective against masses of enemies or large bosses. But still a very viable weapon overall. 9/10

- Devastation: An extremely powerful melee weapon that has great ranged abilities as well. Just like most of the other lunar weapons it excels against both single targets and groups. 9/10

- Greatsword of Judgement: An excellent support weapon that fires barrages of piercing bolts. Prevents you from using piercing weapons yourself but is a great support otherwise. 8/10

- Planetary Annihilation: Rainbow raining death! Homing, high power, and looking sweet. This weapon is an extremely useful weapon for its tier. Also rainbows again. 8/10

- Elemental Lance: Deals absolutely massive amounts of damage to slow enemies but suffers somewhat against faster ones. Still a great choice for any warrior. 9/10

- Ark of the Elements: Extremely powerful sword with many homing projectiles gives it very high anti boss regardless of size or speed. Not the highest damage but will always be able to deal heavy damage. 9/10

- Elemental Shiv: Not quite as strong as the arc or the lance. But still can deal very high damage and has incredible crowd control. 8/10

- Shredder: Due to its low base damage the weapon requires quite a bit of set up for maximum damage. But when it finally gets going its damage is among the best there is. 9/10

- Alpha Ray: Incredibly high unconditional damage in exchange for eating all your mana in seconds. 9/10

=== Profaned Enemies ===

- Elysian Arrows: High damage, a decent dot. And summons giant flaming meteors. While the meteors are a bit inaccurate and don't scale in damage. Their sheer firepower makes these a fantastic choice for blowing your enemies to kingdom come. 9/10

- Holy Fire Bullet: Massively increased damage for slower weapons, but loses out to the previous ammo types due to the explosions overlapping for very fast guns. Still amazing for the guns it works for. 9/10

=== Providence Down ===

Cosmic Kunai: A tiny range in exchange for very reliable and high damage that costs nothing. 8/10

=== Devourer Down ===

- Vanquisher Arrow: While these arrows have a very limited selection of bows to be used with. Combining them with the clockwork bow produces a rain of incredibly damaging homing arrows that can match up to nearly any weapon. 9/10

- Staff of the Mechworm: Can deal astronomical amounts of damage if set up right but is complicated and totally prevents the use of piercing weapons. Still has great damage with only a casual set up. 9/10 (11/10 if you feel like being cheesy)

- Eradicator: While its dps is low with normal use. By throwing large numbers of them and running away its dps against certain bosses can skyrocket. 8/10

- Stream Gouge: An extremely powerful weapon that has very high dps and nearly ignores defense due to its massive attack. The laser it shoots is kinda useless but that doesn't really matter when the base weapon is so strong. It has some problems as the only two bosses left are very dangerous to get close to though. 8/10

- Devil's Devastation: One of the best weapons dropped by the devourer. The sword has an easy to aim and extremely strong projectile which makes it great against all types of bosses. 9/10

- Cleansing Blaze: While its dps is a bit on the low side. The incredibly long range and fast beam provides an excellent way to deal damage to deal with any minions summoned by bosses or when quick hits are more important than outright damage. 7/10

- Deathhail Staff: A very powerful wepaon that can deal extremely high damage to larger bosses. But its high mana cost can be a bit of a drag to its overall damage output. 8/10

=== Yharon Down ===

- Burning Sky: One of the absolute best weapons in the mod. Massive range, fast speed. High damage. The weapon brings everything to the table with no drawbacks. 9/10

- Phoenix Flame Barrage: Another fantastic weapon that while a bit slow to wind up deals immense damage to anything caught in its rain of fire. 9/10

- Yharon's Kindle Staff: An incredibly powerful summon due to the buffs, fast summons, and extremely powerful fireballs. 9/10

Anyways, I've found the majority of the weapons are well balanced, with more issues for weapons that are too weak compared to other weapons in the mod rather than overpowered weapons. I hope this list can help with some balance issues and thank you for all your hard work!
Phoenix Blade isnt bugged. It spawns orbs for me. Also what @CrimsHallowHero said.

Update log for 1.1.7.5 so far. All we need now are a couple boss head icons and it's off for testing and eventual release:

Code:
- Balance/QoL stuff
1 - Added Calamity Biome boss, the Brimstone Elemental
2 - Added minion slot usage tool tip for Yharon's Kindle Staff
3 - Nerfed ray weapon damage
4 - Nerfed Galactus Blade damage slightly
5 - Nerfed Elemental Eruption damage slightly
6 - Nerfed Augur of the Elements damage
7 - Added head icon for the Perforator Hive
8 - Perforator Cyst no longer takes up any NPC spawn slots
9 - Devourer of Gods has much more HP in Normal Mode, slightly more HP in Expert Mode
10 - Devourer of Gods body does more damage
11 - Devourer of Gods head does more damage
12 - Siren Lure does more damage
13 - Siren Lure charges less
14 - Siren Lure switches phases more often
15 - Plaguebringer Goliath has more HP
16 - Plague Chargers sprite changed and AI updated
17 - Plaguebringer enemy spawn sprites changed and AI updated (small and large have different AIs now)
18 - Siren Lure Parasea and Aquatic Aberration spawns have more HP
19 - Perforator Hive spawns Mini Perforators much less often to reduce NPC slots being taken up
20 - Siren Lure gets mad when you exit the ocean, she also becomes almost invisible when outside the ocean
21 - Nerfed Brimrose Staff
22 - Nerfed Destroyer resistance in Expert Mode and minion projectiles are no longer resisted
23 - Nerfed Leviathan contact damage
24 - Asgard's Valor now requires Abaddon to craft
25 - Nerfed Ataxia Heal effect a bit
26 - Plaguebringer projectile damages increased
27 - Removed the "leviathan connector" from the Siren Lure turret summon
28 - Plaguebringer Shade HP reduced
29 - Plaguebringer cycles through her AI more quickly
30 - Added rarity values to rare creatures for Lifeform Analyzer
31 - All Yharon projectiles deal more damage to balance God Slayer armor more
32 - New Scryllar version added to the Calamity Biome
33 - Added Bumblebirb boss, spawns in the Jungle after the Moon Lord is dead, very powerful
34 - Buffed Plasma Rifle
35 - Added new Boss Checklist support
36 - Added modded ore tile values for the Metal Detector
37 - Enemies/bosses no longer spawn if the player is fighting a lunar pillar
38 - Optimized certain weapons so that damage and knockback values are correctly calculated
39 - Buffed Providence.  I warned ya ;)
40 - Providence and her Guardians have had all of their expert damage values increased
41 - Providence and her Guardians have had all of their HP values slightly boosted
42 - Providence attacks more frequently
43 - Providence swaps AI phases more frequently
44 - Hive Mind moves to it's despawn location more quickly
45 - Supreme Calamitas now drops a random Developer item when killed on Expert Mode
46 - Boss Checklist support
47 - Counter Scarf dodge cooldown is now longer
48 - Brittle Star summon AI is now custom
49 - Inreased Storm Weaver despawn speed
50 - Shredder adjusted
51 - Conclave Crossfire slightly buffed
52 - Buffed Royal Knives
53 - Nerfed SDFMG slightly

- Added 21 new items (1 item left to program/sprite)
1 - Charred Idol for the Brimstone Elemental that can be crafted after 1 mech boss has been defeated
2 - Titan Scale Potions
3 - Cadence Potions
4 - Supreme Healing Potions
5 - Calamitas' Brew Potions
6 - Yharim's Stimulants
7 - Arctic Arrows
8 - Ark of the Cosmos
9 - Mortar Rounds
10 - Napalm Arrows
11 - Terra Arrows
12 - Superball Bullets
13 - IOU
14 - Adaddon
15 - Enhanced Nano Rounds
16 - Seething Discharge
17 - Effulgent Feather
18 - Gehenna
19 - Void of Extinction
20 - Rubber Mortar Rounds
21 - Asteroid Staff

- Demon Trophy and Celestial Onion now buff the following bosses AI patterns slightly
1 - King Slime: Teleports nearly instantly if you are too far away
2 - Eye of Cthulhu: Charges FAR more often and is much faster
3 - Skeletron: Does his spinning head charge more often, while spinning he shoots skulls
4 - Wall of Flesh: Shoots lasers far more often, Hungry get a massive HP and damage boost
5 - Plantera: Shoots seeds and thorn balls like a gatling gun in phase 1, Shoots more spores in phase 2
6 - Queen Bee: Shoots her stingers more often and switches phases more quickly

- The following vanilla bosses get more powerful if the player is in Expert Mode
1 - Skeletron Prime: Prime Cannon shoots missiles when his Head is spinning, Head shoots Skeletron skulls which shoot more often the lower his health is
2 - Golem: Golem fists attack very quickly and are invulnerable (this is in the latest version already but I wanted to mention it again)

Update log for 1.1.7.5 so far. All we need now are a couple boss head icons and it's off for testing and eventual release:

Code:
- Balance/QoL stuff
9 - Devourer of Gods has much more HP in Normal Mode, slightly more HP in Expert Mode
17 - Plaguebringer enemy spawn sprites changed and AI updated (small and large have different AIs now)
19 - Perforator Hive spawns Mini Perforators much less often to reduce NPC slots being taken up
20 - Siren Lure gets mad when you exit the ocean, she also becomes almost invisible when outside the ocean
22 - Nerfed Destroyer resistance in Expert Mode and minion projectiles are no longer resisted
33 - Added Bumblebirb boss, spawns in the Jungle after the Moon Lord is dead, very powerful
34 - Buffed Plasma Rifle
38 - Optimized certain weapons so that damage and knockback values are correctly calculated
40 - Providence and her Guardians have had all of their expert damage values increased
41 - Providence and her Guardians have had all of their HP values slightly boosted
45 - Supreme Calamitas now drops a random Developer item when killed on Expert Mode
50 - Shredder adjusted
52 - Buffed Royal Knives

1 - Charred Idol for the Brimstone Elemental that can be crafted after 1 mech boss has been defeated
2 - Titan Scale Potions
3 - Cadence Potions
6 - Yharim's Stimulants
7 - Arctic Arrows
8 - Ark of the Cosmos
9 - Mortar Rounds
10 - Napalm Arrows
11 - Terra Arrows
12 - Superball Bullets
13 - IOU
14 - Adaddon
16 - Seething Discharge
17 - Effulgent Feather
18 - Gehenna
19 - Void of Extinction
21 - Asteroid Staff

- Demon Trophy and Celestial Onion now buff the following bosses AI patterns slightly
3 - Skeletron: Does his spinning head charge more often, while spinning he shoots skulls
4 - Wall of Flesh: Shoots lasers far more often, Hungry get a massive HP and damage boost
5 - Plantera: Shoots seeds and thorn balls like a gatling gun in phase 1, Shoots more spores in phase 2

- The following vanilla bosses get more powerful if the player is in Expert Mode
1 - Skeletron Prime: Prime Cannon shoots missiles when his Head is spinning, Head shoots Skeletron skulls which shoot more often the lower his health is
2 - Golem: Golem fists attack very quickly and are invulnerable (this is in the latest version already but I wanted to mention it again)
I'll look out for that another time, but for now, it's time to fight the brimstone boss :D

Bumblebirb boss? That sounds amazing
Yeah, it is

Last edited:

Code:
- Balance/QoL stuff
34 - Buffed Plasma Rifle
50 - Shredder adjusted
52 - Buffed Royal Knives

2 - Titan Scale Potions
3 - Cadence Potions
6 - Yharim's Stimulants
7 - Arctic Arrows
8 - Ark of the Cosmos
9 - Mortar Rounds
10 - Napalm Arrows
11 - Terra Arrows
12 - Superball Bullets
13 - IOU
14 - Adaddon
16 - Seething Discharge
17 - Effulgent Feather
18 - Gehenna
19 - Void of Extinction
21 - Asteroid Staff

Bumblebirb boss? That sounds amazing

Phoenix Blade isnt bugged. It spawns orbs for me. Also what @CrimsHallowHero said.

Woopsy, I tried it again and noticed the little orbs :l

Welph, looks like I'll finally have to stop making fun of skeletron prime for being easier than his prehard mode self.

So...you're asking me to change every single recipe after lunatic...sounds...fun...yeah...

whatever i'll do it
mountaindrew, you've already done enough work. This mod is amazing. While this is a cool suggestion, you don't need to do it right away- in fact, it's your choice if you want to do it at all! I know no one wants to spend their morning scrolling down one line from one recipe to another recipe changing "mythril_anvil" to "ancient_manipulator". We all have real life to deal with, and that alone makes the little free time people have very precious. Use it for fun! You don't always have to do what people suggest, no matter who it is. Even if you don't do it immediately, you can always do it later. Remember the cycle? If you let it start, it will happen all over again...

Couldn't you change the manipulator to also function as an anvil instead? Seems like that'd be less work (not that I've ever modded stuff, but I assume it'd just be a flag on the manipulator right?)

Back
Top Bottom