tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
mountaindrew, you've already done enough work. This mod is amazing. While this is a cool suggestion, you don't need to do it right away- in fact, it's your choice if you want to do it at all! I know no one wants to spend their morning scrolling down one line from one recipe to another recipe changing "mythril_anvil" to "ancient_manipulator". We all have real life to deal with, and that alone makes the little free time people have very precious. Use it for fun! You don't always have to do what people suggest, no matter who it is. Even if you don't do it immediately, you can always do it later. Remember the cycle? If you let it start, it will happen all over again...
its not called 'ancient_manipulator' in the code

THE FINAL UPDATE LOG:

Code:
- Balance/QoL stuff
1 - Added Calamity Biome boss, the Brimstone Elemental
2 - Added minion slot usage tool tip for Yharon's Kindle Staff
3 - Nerfed ray weapon damage
4 - Nerfed Galactus Blade damage slightly
5 - Nerfed Elemental Eruption damage slightly
6 - Nerfed Augur of the Elements damage
7 - Added head icon for the Perforator Hive
8 - Perforator Cyst no longer takes up any NPC spawn slots
9 - Devourer of Gods has much more HP in Normal Mode, slightly more HP in Expert Mode
10 - Devourer of Gods body does more damage
11 - Devourer of Gods head does more damage
12 - Siren Lure does more damage
13 - Siren Lure charges less
14 - Siren Lure switches phases more often
15 - Plaguebringer Goliath has more HP
16 - Plague Chargers sprite changed and AI updated
17 - Plaguebringer enemy spawn sprites changed and AI updated (small and large have different AIs now)
18 - Siren Lure Parasea and Aquatic Aberration spawns have more HP
19 - Perforator Hive spawns Mini Perforators much less often to reduce NPC slots being taken up
20 - Siren Lure gets mad when you exit the ocean, she also becomes almost invisible when outside the ocean
21 - Nerfed Brimrose Staff
22 - Nerfed Destroyer resistance in Expert Mode and minion projectiles are no longer resisted
23 - Nerfed Leviathan contact damage
24 - Asgard's Valor now requires Abaddon to craft
25 - Nerfed Ataxia Heal effect a bit
26 - Plaguebringer projectile damages increased
27 - Removed the "leviathan connector" from the Siren Lure turret summon
28 - Plaguebringer Shade HP reduced
29 - Plaguebringer cycles through her AI more quickly
30 - Added rarity values to rare creatures for Lifeform Analyzer
31 - All Yharon projectiles deal more damage to balance God Slayer armor more
32 - New Scryllar version added to the Calamity Biome
33 - Added Bumblebirb boss, spawns in the Jungle after the Moon Lord is dead, very powerful
34 - Buffed Plasma Rifle
35 - Added new Boss Checklist support
36 - Added modded ore tile values for the Metal Detector
37 - Enemies/bosses no longer spawn if the player is fighting a lunar pillar
38 - Optimized certain weapons so that damage and knockback values are correctly calculated
39 - Buffed Providence.  I warned ya ;)
40 - Providence and her Guardians have had all of their expert damage values increased
41 - Providence and her Guardians have had all of their HP values slightly boosted
42 - Providence attacks more frequently
43 - Providence swaps AI phases more frequently
44 - Hive Mind moves to it's despawn location more quickly
45 - Supreme Calamitas now drops a random Developer item when killed on Expert Mode
46 - Boss Checklist support
47 - Counter Scarf dodge cooldown is now longer
48 - Brittle Star summon AI is now custom
49 - Inreased Storm Weaver despawn speed
50 - Shredder adjusted
51 - Conclave Crossfire slightly buffed
52 - Buffed Royal Knives
53 - Nerfed SDFMG slightly
54 - Changed all post-Lunatic Cultist recipes to require the Ancient Manipulator

- Added 21 new items
1 - Charred Idol for the Brimstone Elemental that can be crafted after 1 mech boss has been defeated
2 - Titan Scale Potions
3 - Cadence Potions
4 - Supreme Healing Potions
5 - Calamitas' Brew Potions
6 - Yharim's Stimulants
7 - Arctic Arrows
8 - Ark of the Cosmos
9 - Mortar Rounds
10 - Napalm Arrows
11 - Terra Arrows
12 - Superball Bullets
13 - IOU
14 - Adaddon
15 - Enhanced Nano Rounds
16 - Seething Discharge
17 - Effulgent Feather
18 - Gehenna
19 - Void of Extinction
20 - Rubber Mortar Rounds
21 - Asteroid Staff

- Demon Trophy and Celestial Onion now buff the following bosses AI patterns slightly
1 - King Slime: Teleports nearly instantly if you are too far away
2 - Eye of Cthulhu: Charges FAR more often and is much faster
3 - Skeletron: Does his spinning head charge more often, while spinning he shoots skulls
4 - Wall of Flesh: Shoots lasers far more often, Hungry get a massive HP and damage boost
5 - Plantera: Shoots seeds and thorn balls like a gatling gun in phase 1, Shoots more spores in phase 2
6 - Queen Bee: Shoots her stingers more often and switches phases more quickly

- The following vanilla bosses get more powerful if the player is in Expert Mode
1 - Skeletron Prime: Prime Cannon shoots missiles when his Head is spinning, Head shoots Skeletron skulls which shoot more often the lower his health is
2 - Golem: Golem fists attack very quickly and are invulnerable (this is in the latest version already but I wanted to mention it again)

The update will come out in around 2 hours.

Don't know if it's just me, but the Perforator Cyst spawns way too much. I was destroying the pillars and killed about 15 of them. They disable spawns of any pillar mobs making me waste time killing them. Sure it's no hassle, free money, but it's rather an annoyance than a blessing.

I can't get a multiplayer server working, and yes i tried the tmodloader server loader but i didn't work for my friend. (+ i use hamachi too and i didn't work either).
Please help me. Thanks.:happy:

I can't get a multiplayer server working, and yes i tried the tmodloader server loader but i didn't work for my friend. (+ i use hamachi too and i didn't work either).
Please help me. Thanks.:happy:
This would be better posted in the tModLoader forum page.

THE FINAL UPDATE LOG:

Code:
- Balance/QoL stuff
1 - Added Calamity Biome boss, the Brimstone Elemental
2 - Added minion slot usage tool tip for Yharon's Kindle Staff
3 - Nerfed ray weapon damage
4 - Nerfed Galactus Blade damage slightly
5 - Nerfed Elemental Eruption damage slightly
6 - Nerfed Augur of the Elements damage
7 - Added head icon for the Perforator Hive
8 - Perforator Cyst no longer takes up any NPC spawn slots
9 - Devourer of Gods has much more HP in Normal Mode, slightly more HP in Expert Mode
10 - Devourer of Gods body does more damage
11 - Devourer of Gods head does more damage
12 - Siren Lure does more damage
13 - Siren Lure charges less
14 - Siren Lure switches phases more often
15 - Plaguebringer Goliath has more HP
16 - Plague Chargers sprite changed and AI updated
17 - Plaguebringer enemy spawn sprites changed and AI updated (small and large have different AIs now)
18 - Siren Lure Parasea and Aquatic Aberration spawns have more HP
19 - Perforator Hive spawns Mini Perforators much less often to reduce NPC slots being taken up
20 - Siren Lure gets mad when you exit the ocean, she also becomes almost invisible when outside the ocean
21 - Nerfed Brimrose Staff
22 - Nerfed Destroyer resistance in Expert Mode and minion projectiles are no longer resisted
23 - Nerfed Leviathan contact damage
24 - Asgard's Valor now requires Abaddon to craft
25 - Nerfed Ataxia Heal effect a bit
26 - Plaguebringer projectile damages increased
27 - Removed the "leviathan connector" from the Siren Lure turret summon
28 - Plaguebringer Shade HP reduced
29 - Plaguebringer cycles through her AI more quickly
30 - Added rarity values to rare creatures for Lifeform Analyzer
31 - All Yharon projectiles deal more damage to balance God Slayer armor more
32 - New Scryllar version added to the Calamity Biome
33 - Added Bumblebirb boss, spawns in the Jungle after the Moon Lord is dead, very powerful
34 - Buffed Plasma Rifle
35 - Added new Boss Checklist support
36 - Added modded ore tile values for the Metal Detector
37 - Enemies/bosses no longer spawn if the player is fighting a lunar pillar
38 - Optimized certain weapons so that damage and knockback values are correctly calculated
39 - Buffed Providence.  I warned ya ;)
40 - Providence and her Guardians have had all of their expert damage values increased
41 - Providence and her Guardians have had all of their HP values slightly boosted
42 - Providence attacks more frequently
43 - Providence swaps AI phases more frequently
44 - Hive Mind moves to it's despawn location more quickly
45 - Supreme Calamitas now drops a random Developer item when killed on Expert Mode
46 - Boss Checklist support
47 - Counter Scarf dodge cooldown is now longer
48 - Brittle Star summon AI is now custom
49 - Inreased Storm Weaver despawn speed
50 - Shredder adjusted
51 - Conclave Crossfire slightly buffed
52 - Buffed Royal Knives
53 - Nerfed SDFMG slightly
54 - Changed all post-Lunatic Cultist recipes to require the Ancient Manipulator

- Added 21 new items
1 - Charred Idol for the Brimstone Elemental that can be crafted after 1 mech boss has been defeated
2 - Titan Scale Potions
3 - Cadence Potions
4 - Supreme Healing Potions
5 - Calamitas' Brew Potions
6 - Yharim's Stimulants
7 - Arctic Arrows
8 - Ark of the Cosmos
9 - Mortar Rounds
10 - Napalm Arrows
11 - Terra Arrows
12 - Superball Bullets
13 - IOU
14 - Adaddon
15 - Enhanced Nano Rounds
16 - Seething Discharge
17 - Effulgent Feather
18 - Gehenna
19 - Void of Extinction
20 - Rubber Mortar Rounds
21 - Asteroid Staff

- Demon Trophy and Celestial Onion now buff the following bosses AI patterns slightly
1 - King Slime: Teleports nearly instantly if you are too far away
2 - Eye of Cthulhu: Charges FAR more often and is much faster
3 - Skeletron: Does his spinning head charge more often, while spinning he shoots skulls
4 - Wall of Flesh: Shoots lasers far more often, Hungry get a massive HP and damage boost
5 - Plantera: Shoots seeds and thorn balls like a gatling gun in phase 1, Shoots more spores in phase 2
6 - Queen Bee: Shoots her stingers more often and switches phases more quickly

- The following vanilla bosses get more powerful if the player is in Expert Mode
1 - Skeletron Prime: Prime Cannon shoots missiles when his Head is spinning, Head shoots Skeletron skulls which shoot more often the lower his health is
2 - Golem: Golem fists attack very quickly and are invulnerable (this is in the latest version already but I wanted to mention it again)

The update will come out in around 2 hours.

i like the update... but even with all the changes since the initial patch.... most of the vanilla boss changes don't make them a challenge still. 2-3 minutes of build time for golem and that's about it.

devourer of gods is a joke to do still... to the point where if you have a stardust dragon staff and a few minecart tracks in the sky you can AFK farm it. the flying AI did help remove the cheesing of skybox worm mechanics however now you just have it chase you for ages and nothing ever hits you besides when you change directions and it's nullified completely by counter scarf... even if it was on a 1 minute CD.

i think the counter scarf CD could actually be a 1 minute CD but hitting something with a melee weapon that doesn't have a projectile will reduce it to 1 second, and only dodge contact damage so you can play 'actual' melee.

yharon... the fluffiest dragon to roam the lands. i don't have any real issue with how you can do yharon but 3rd phase is 100% harmless.... matter of fact i went afk when he hit 10% since 380k health doing 500 dps is a bit.... annoying. turned on a mouse macro and came back an hour later... still going. >party hard< i did think yharon would have 6-10m hp but kinda glad he doesn't given it was a 2 hour fight at 4m.

item changes outside of counter scarf... i still find astreal's defeat a stressful weapon given the circumstances to craft a powerful bow that has serious drawbacks but it's generally fine. it would also be nice to see a buff to lunarian bow... like... 40-50% no meme. deathwind has very short range for when you acquire it.

forgot to add... possible "oh :red: edition" of desert scourge if we kite it to the ocean?

lore question... yharim is this super beast but they're dead? can we expect a 99.9999% impossible fight to win even using dev items? also why are we killing yharon... he doesn't seem that bad. he's just a nice fluffy pet. lastly... will we ever see the original calamitas? perhaps get yharim to change her back and have a waifu to train with.

Last edited:
i like the update... but even with all the changes since the initial patch.... most of the vanilla boss changes don't make them a challenge still. 2-3 minutes of build time for golem and that's about it.

devourer of gods is a joke to do still... to the point where if you have a stardust dragon staff and a few minecart tracks in the sky you can AFK farm it. the flying AI did help remove the cheesing of skybox worm mechanics however now you just have it chase you for ages and nothing ever hits you besides when you change directions and it's nullified completely by counter scarf... even if it was on a 1 minute CD.

i think the counter scarf CD could actually be a 1 minute CD but hitting something with a melee weapon that doesn't have a projectile will reduce it to 1 second, and only dodge contact damage so you can play 'actual' melee.

yharon... the fluffiest dragon to roam the lands. i don't have any real issue with how you can do yharon but 3rd phase is 100% harmless.... matter of fact i went afk when he hit 10% since 380k health doing 500 dps is a bit.... annoying. turned on a mouse macro and came back an hour later... still going. >party hard< i did think yharon would have 6-10m hp but kinda glad he doesn't given it was a 2 hour fight at 4m.

item changes outside of counter scarf... i still find astreal's defeat a stressful weapon given the circumstances to craft a powerful bow that has serious drawbacks but it's generally fine. it would also be nice to see a buff to lunarian bow... like... 40-50% no meme. deathwind has very short range for when you acquire it.

forgot to add... possible "oh :red: edition" of desert scourge if we kite it to the ocean?

lore question... yharim is this super beast but they're dead? can we expect a 99.9999% impossible fight to win even using dev items? also why are we killing yharon... he doesn't seem that bad. he's just a nice fluffy pet. lastly... will we ever see the original calamitas? perhaps get yharim to change her back and have a waifu to train with.

I find a lot of this post pretty funny. 100% harmless? AFKable? I don't think so. I know vidya bravado is a pretty huge and popular thing these days, but saying any of those are easy and implying you can't lose is pretty exaggerated. They're hard bosses. Borderline unfair without good strategy and metaplanning. They're a challenge, for sure.

Did the destroyer get changed so that piercing weapons don't do as much damage to him? Seems weird that the Night's Ray works good, but a piercing magic weapon from a higher tier does only 1-2 damage a hit.

I find a lot of this post pretty funny. 100% harmless? AFKable? I don't think so. I know vidya bravado is a pretty huge and popular thing these days, but saying any of those are easy and implying you can't lose is pretty exaggerated. They're hard bosses. Borderline unfair without good strategy and metaplanning. They're a challenge, for sure.

i'm uploading all of my recent kills to youtube if you don't believe me... not much editing in those videos but it'll be a couple days before they get released. i felt kinda bad like halfway through the series because i realized it's not very fun to watch since you have do them in certain ways or die >.> and why would i purposefully make something harder on myself? that's what making a hard boss is suppose to be about :dryadhappy: it's a real hassle to make a proper hard boss when you're limited to not destroying blocks, changing instances or debuffing the player a ton.%:sigh:

i'm uploading all of my recent kills to youtube if you don't believe me... not much editing in those videos but it'll be a couple days before they get released. i felt kinda bad like halfway through the series because i realized it's not very fun to watch since you have do them in certain ways or die >.> and why would i purposefully make something harder on myself? that's what making a hard boss is suppose to be about :dryadhappy: it's a real hassle to make a proper hard boss when you're limited to not destroying blocks, changing instances or debuffing the player a ton.%:sigh:

What is the youtube channel so I can go ahead and subscribe to watch these later?

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe it's easy to you because you already know exactly how to do it and how to cheese. Your experience is very much subjective and not representative of the content as a whole. No matter what the game or what the boss, there's ALWAYS an easy way to do it, or some way that makes it look easy.

There's also a certain irony in uploading videos of a task that by your admission is mundane. Not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying your criticisms are silly and the idea of calling tough bosses easy just because you know a flaw in the system (there's many) or have a setup that can render something harmless (there's several) doesn't mean the boss as a whole is easy. DoG and Yharon are extremely hard bosses, ESPECIALLY by normal Terraria standards, the average, casual playthrough/player will struggle immensely. Being overprepared or having some way to trivialize it doesn't change that. Bottom line is, the only solution you have IS to make it harder on yourself. Buffing so that minmaxed characters will struggle only makes it frustrating for people who like to experiment.

most recent episode... if you're wondering why things are the way they are i go over it in episode 1 which was a terrible fps time... if u don't care too much basically i have homing projectiles because bows > guns and i'd just be using a gun instead of the bow... makes little difference. buffs is just to save on farming/build time. don't judge me... it's already been 90 hours ;_;

to me i find them easy because you can do them in a way that completely takes out the interaction of the fight... i went blind into most of the newer stuff and yharon since i never got to him in the previous playthrough before the update and only recently started playing terraria, also i thought i made it pretty clear in my previous posts that i don't like using OP items.. i'm pretty sure besides danger dual-shot, flesh armor i used all calamity items. i could re-do all the bosses i used flesh armor on and insert whatever appropriate calamity armor set all the same but it probably would just make me take longer to do the bosses and play even more safe than i also do which is already slow kills.

it's not much fun or reward if you accomplish something using overpowered items... it's a reason i even decided to do the prepare to cry stuff... all the plays on YT just use stupidly broken items and they still die... when you're literally killing an end game boss in 3 seconds do you feel joy? pride? it's not a mappy with 100's of hours of building to make a machine you're just clicking for a few seconds... =/ who knows. *ahem* anywho...

i can agree with you on some points that while yes i did prepare a great deal for these fights... you should have to prepare for them when you're doing it on the absolute hardest difficulty possible if it's a "flaw in the system" or not. i know it's a lot of work to make bosses break through the cheddar walls but people will (most of the time) go the path of least resistance.

if people are going to struggle on a boss that is on the hardest difficulty... why the :red: are they on the hardest difficulty then? it's suppose to be a challenge. :dryadmad:

Back
Top Bottom