tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,451 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I've been thoroughly enjoying this mod of late but today encountered a bug. I didn't see any mention of it in the thread already after a search so I'll bring it up here:

I'm doing an Expert mode playthrough and am experience an issue when fighting the Leviathan - I kill the siren but the Leviathan itself sticks around. In a prior playthrough (less than a month ago) killing the siren ended the fight. Seeing as the Leviathan is still essentially invincible after killing her, I'm guessing this is not intentional. Also as an added bonus, if I mirror back to base, the screen still stays tinted and my boss Health bar mod still shows the Leviathan as alive.

Extra information if it helps:

I am using the latest version of Calamity as well as the following other mods in case its a mod interaction problem someone knows about:
  • More Accessories+
  • Alchemist Npc
  • Boss Checklist
  • imkSushi
  • Thorium
  • Recipe Browser
  • Which Mod is this from?
  • Shorter Respawn timers
  • Yet Another Boss Health Bar
  • Magic Storage
  • Reduced Grinding
The weapon I've been using to fight the boss is the Terra Ray.

I've been thoroughly enjoying this mod of late but today encountered a bug. I didn't see any mention of it in the thread already after a search so I'll bring it up here:

I'm doing an Expert mode playthrough and am experience an issue when fighting the Leviathan - I kill the siren but the Leviathan itself sticks around. In a prior playthrough (less than a month ago) killing the siren ended the fight. Seeing as the Leviathan is still essentially invincible after killing her, I'm guessing this is not intentional. Also as an added bonus, if I mirror back to base, the screen still stays tinted and my boss Health bar mod still shows the Leviathan as alive.

Extra information if it helps:

I am using the latest version of Calamity as well as the following other mods in case its a mod interaction problem someone knows about:
  • More Accessories+
  • Alchemist Npc
  • Boss Checklist
  • imkSushi
  • Thorium
  • Recipe Browser
  • Which Mod is this from?
  • Shorter Respawn timers
  • Yet Another Boss Health Bar
  • Magic Storage
  • Reduced Grinding
The weapon I've been using to fight the boss is the Terra Ray.

They're both the boss and you defeat both..

They're both the boss and you defeat both..

I missed the part where that was changed. Well okay then. This is gonna hurt.

Edit: Once my confusion was cleared up and I put my mind to it, I managed to kill the thing. Damage spongy but really not so bad. Carry on.

Last edited:
Perennial ore in hardmode with an adamantite world is THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. Please, if you could change the color of it so I don't get so confused by it?
oh and other people too you know...

Perennial ore in hardmode with an adamantite world is THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. Please, if you could change the color of it so I don't get so confused by it?
oh and other people too you know...
this is why I disable calamity upon world gen due to this "feature" until I get the titanium or adamantite ores necessary to upgrade the hellstoneforge.

this is why I disable calamity upon world gen due to this "feature" until I get the titanium or adamantite ores necessary to upgrade the hellstoneforge.

But if you do that, how do you get the other ores that are Calamity-specific....?

WHy not use something like Terracustom to make sure you don't get Adamantite (select Titanium Instead)?

Or, you could get the Multi-Lure Fishing Mod and fish up crates (which is insanely easy to do with that mod) and never smash a single altar and thus never get confused by the ores?

Though I will agree with the opinion that the two ores look too similar and are hard to distinguish.

Though I will agree with the opinion that the two ores look too similar and are hard to distinguish.
even if you have the metal detector perennial has more priority over the 3rd hardmode ore that you get and if you defeat calamitas mountaindrew "said" that she drop the biome spawner and using it all calamity ores can spawn on your world.

And sorry to dissapoint you my friend, but when I try to use terracustom upon loading calamity it gives the error "the version of calamity was built for .9.2.3 but the tmodloader version (I already told jopojelly about this when bluemagic released an update 2 or 3 weeks ago) of terracustom is for modloader 9.2.1 so mod disabled" even when jopo said that all mods dosent need an update to work properly.

We need a giant laser cannon that shoots one giant central beam and a bunch of other smaller beams that spread out. Like a buffed Last Prism-turned-amazing-gun.
My name for it? THE INFINITY CANNON.
Post-Moon Lord weapon that uses stars for ammo (3 seconds per star). 10% chance to be dropped by the Devourer of Gods. Deals about 200 damage.

And what of fishing ores up and simply not smashing the altars?
what if you have a project/artificial pound for fishing but the altar gets in your way.
Ohh and please click on the reply button the next time because not all people are going follow "who is responding this dude" because you know misunderstanding.
[doublepost=1495418692,1495418477][/doublepost]
My name for it? THE INFINITY CANNON.
that part remind me of gamegrumps shovel knight playthrough and the stupid things of "HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and "INFINIDAGGER".

what if you have a project/artificial pound for fishing but the altar gets in your way.
Ohh and please click on the reply button the next time because not all people are going follow "who is responding this dude" because you know misunderstanding.

I don't even understand what you're trying to say. No offense, but uh...

I don't understand how an altar could get in your way?

The way I always do it, is I fish up 100 or so crates before defeating the Wall of Flesh. This is probably best done in the Corruption, if there's a sizable pool there. If not, you can also do it in Sky (build a little house above the water so the harpies can't annoy you) and then proceed to fish up Wooden, Iron, Golden, and Sky Crates (or Corruption if you could).

Stick the crates in a chest until you kill the Wall of Flesh.

Once WoF is done, open all the chests. You will get a LOT of all 6 of the hardmode ores and bars made from those ores, and hopefully, if you got about 100-200 crates of combined types, hopefully you got enough to make everything you need.

If not, use what you got and get your biomes contained, and then go fish some more. You do not have to worry about impromptu Mechs spawning on you, because they won't spawn unless you smash an altar.

sorry to be a party popper on this part of your comment but you need to check this http://terraria.wiki.gg/Hardmode
on the "bosses section".

Wiki is not always 100% right on every page.

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Mechanical_Bosses said:
The Mechanical Bosses are three Hardmode bosses that can be summoned by "mechanical" items, and are themselves metallic and robotic in appearance. In addition, there is a 10% chance that one will randomly spawn each night after the first Demon/Crimson Altar is destroyed in a world, and each will continue to spawn randomly until it is defeated at least once.

Dude, I've done enough playthroughs to know the latter is true, lol. I have NEVER had an impromptu boss spawn on me once I started fishing up crates. Never.

Ever.

Ever.

Though, there's two more things that are triggered by altar smashing: Pirates and 1 random stone block being corrupted/crimson'd somewhere in the world.

So, what you do is fish up crates, kill the three mechs, and then smash ONE altar. If you only smash ONE altar, you will get a very small smidge of Cobalt or Palladium ore spawning somewhere in your world, and the pirates will start to attack you.

Or, alternatively, don't smash altars and spawn the Pirates with farmed Maps, as they're not that hard to farm once you get a Neptune's Shell or better and some Ichor/Cursed Torches, with a water candle or three.

EDIT: You can also scroll down on the page I quoted. One of the "Tips" reads as follows:

Tips said:
Players who aren't confident in their ability to defeat the bosses, but who want access to the Hardmode ores, can refrain from destroying any Altars until they are ready and instead fish for crates, which offer those ores and their bars as random rewards during Hardmode. Crates acquired pre-Hardmode can also be saved until Hardmode, and will still offer Hardmode rewards.

Last edited:
Wiki is not always 100% right on every page.

Dude, I've done enough playthroughs to know the latter is true, lol. I have NEVER had an impromptu boss spawn on me once I started fishing up crates. Never.

Ever.

Ever.

Though, there's two more things that are triggered by altar smashing: Pirates and 1 random stone block being corrupted/crimson'd somewhere in the world.

So, what you do is fish up crates, kill the three mechs, and then smash ONE altar. If you only smash ONE altar, you will get a very small smidge of Cobalt or Palladium ore spawning somewhere in your world, and the pirates will start to attack you.

Or, alternatively, don't smash altars and spawn the Pirates with farmed Maps, as they're not that hard to farm once you get a Neptune's Shell or better and some Ichor/Cursed Torches, with a water candle or three.

EDIT: You can also scroll down on the page I quoted. One of the "Tips" reads as follows:

ok this is getting out of hand so lets put and end to this ok? so mountaindrew said that the calamity spawner spawns the hell crag and all the ores of the mod on the world,so for people that dosent want any calamity ores upon world gen because they ruin their experince to have all ores upon world generation, they need to face calamitas has an alternative, so in the gamepedia of calamity mod to spawn the hell crag and the ores you need to defeat calamitas, and get from her the calamity spawner right? therefore you need this http://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Desolation so the recipe to spawn her has a key "material the "blighted lens" and theyre dropped from a "blighted eye" on hardmode and since the biome spawner is dropped always upon killing calamitas "the players can choose what to do" have all ores upon generation or use the spawner.

RE: @lightbowser1 :

But yet, to get up to Calamitas without Calamity Ores on worldgen, you're passing up...

1). All items made from Aerialite (which includes the Easymode Wings).
2). All items made from Cryo Ore, as well as the boss spawned by the Cryo Key.

You have to wait to do that content (most of which would be obsolete by this point), and the lack of Skyline Wings would make Slime god nearly impossible IMO, and would add quite a bit of challenge to Hive Mind.

Missing the Cryo Stuff, well I dunno. I've yet to try any of the Cryo Stuff beyond those purple wings, which are better than any vanilla wings you can get at that point.

EDIT: Not only are those wings made from the Verstatite Bars better than Vanilla Wings, they also do not require RNG drops like Frost or Fire Feathers, nor do you need to dump a platinum coin on the Leaf Wings.

RE: @lightbowser1 :

But yet, to get up to Calamitas without Calamity Ores on worldgen, you're passing up...

1). All items made from Aerialite (which includes the Easymode Wings).
2). All items made from Cryo Ore, as well as the boss spawned by the Cryo Key.

You have to wait to do that content (most of which would be obsolete by this point), and the lack of Skyline Wings would make Slime god nearly impossible IMO, and would add quite a bit of challenge to Hive Mind.

Missing the Cryo Stuff, well I dunno. I've yet to try any of the Cryo Stuff beyond those purple wings, which are better than any vanilla wings you can get at that point.

EDIT: Not only are those wings made from the Verstatite Bars better than Vanilla Wings, they also do not require RNG drops like Frost or Fire Feathers, nor do you need to dump a platinum coin on the Leaf Wings.

Pretty much.

Honestly, fishing for HM Ores and Ingots is more efficient as well, since you won't have to break an alter that causing random corruption to spawn (which can potentially land in your jungle and wreck havoc on it).

Pretty much.

Honestly, fishing for HM Ores and Ingots is more efficient as well, since you won't have to break an alter that causing random corruption to spawn (which can potentially land in your jungle and wreck havoc on it).
but the stripes are unpredictable when wall of flesh is killed, and you cant (or maybe) control this behavior.

but the stripes are unpredictable when wall of flesh is killed, and you cant (or maybe) control this behavior.

You can easily control them by digging 4 wide gaps from the surface to hell to prevent them from spreading where you don't want them to spread. It's just a matter of where your Jungle spawns, and I can't imagine a person (with the knowledge) would keep a world where the Jungle would clearly be ruined by the hardmode strips.

You can easily control them by digging 4 wide gaps from the surface to hell to prevent them from spreading where you don't want them to spread. It's just a matter of where your Jungle spawns, and I can't imagine a person (with the knowledge) would keep a world where the Jungle would clearly be ruined by the hardmode strips.
or has an alternative if their jungle is being invaded by corruption/crimson use the solutions mod deep green solution, of course purifying the infection first.

Back
Top Bottom