tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
"The yoyo item is not thrown out itself. It throws a projectile that has a set penetration value. All the 'bouncy' junk is done in the yoyo AI."

MountainDrew, i heard from a guy said that the 1.2 update had 2 new bosses. Is the update add npcs. event or even mounts? I think 1.2 is going to be a huge update with more content. Can't wait for the update.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say, I still like the original Devourer of Gods soundtrack slightly better, but the new theme is a KILLER track! It was everything I was hoping for. But I just can't bring myself to give up the old theme. I LOVE the new one, but I LOVE the old one too.

So you know what would be cool? If there were some sort of mechanic in the mod that unlocked the old theme. Perhaps DoGgy drops an item which, when used, somehow switches between which theme is played. I understand that this is likely very difficult to implement, but it would be SOOOOOOOO cool! (I have also suggested this in comments of the YouTube video for the new track on DM Dokuro's channel.)

inb4 everyone gets triggered at me for saying the old theme was better and no one even reads more than the first 17 words before shooting off an angry reply. And possibly this post gets deleted (can that happen here?)

Anyway, hope anyone thinks about my suggestion for more than like two seconds! Much love to Calamity, and long may it live!

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say, I still like the original Devourer of Gods soundtrack slightly better, but the new theme is a KILLER track! It was everything I was hoping for. But I just can't bring myself to give up the old theme. I LOVE the new one, but I LOVE the old one too.

So you know what would be cool? If there were some sort of mechanic in the mod that unlocked the old theme. Perhaps DoGgy drops an item which, when used, somehow switches between which theme is played. I understand that this is likely very difficult to implement, but it would be SOOOOOOOO cool! (I have also suggested this in comments of the YouTube video for the new track on DM Dokuro's channel.)

inb4 everyone gets triggered at me for saying the old theme was better and no one even reads more than the first 17 words before shooting off an angry reply. And possibly this post gets deleted (can that happen here?)

Anyway, hope anyone thinks about my suggestion for more than like two seconds! Much love to Calamity, and long may it live!
dm dokuro wwants the music to be unique, so its vvery unlikely for this to happen

Dude I know that. I was saying, keep the new theme as the official one but make a thing that allows players to unlock the old theme, sort of like the "old music and sprites mode" that some games have.

Does anyone know a way to easily to defeat Dog with pre Dog stuff
set up 2 teleporters on opposite sides of the wworld about a small wworlds length awway

then, teleport betwween them and use the elemental spear to hit his face

if he goes abovve you, tp awway

There's just one thing about DoGgy that I wish would change: I don't like that effect where he screws with your flying ability. Cause if not for that, the fight would be very difficult, but within the realm of reasonability. As it is, you can have the fastest wings in the game (Elysian Tracers, if I remember correctly) and still be so slow that dodging his ultra-high-speed head is near impossible. I also wish there was some way of making him less laggy, as that also makes dodging really hard. I think a balanced version of DoGgy is more like the one ChippyGaming fought, before the wing debuff mechanic was added. It also feels like Baum Productions didn't have to deal with that debuff, although I know he's using a version of Calamity in which it exists.

So my problem is: I don't know how much of my seemingly very sluggish movement is due to the wing debuff, and how much is due to lag. But as it is, I find both Yharon and Supreme Calamitas far easier (with cheat weapons) and can barely beat DoGgy, even with legendaries.

There's just one thing about DoGgy that I wish would change: I don't like that effect where he screws with your flying ability. Cause if not for that, the fight would be very difficult, but within the realm of reasonability. As it is, you can have the fastest wings in the game (Elysian Tracers, if I remember correctly) and still be so slow that dodging his ultra-high-speed head is near impossible. I also wish there was some way of making him less laggy, as that also makes dodging really hard. I think a balanced version of DoGgy is more like the one ChippyGaming fought, before the wing debuff mechanic was added. It also feels like Baum Productions didn't have to deal with that debuff, although I know he's using a version of Calamity in which it exists.

So my problem is: I don't know how much of my seemingly very sluggish movement is due to the wing debuff, and how much is due to lag. But as it is, I find both Yharon and Supreme Calamitas far easier (with cheat weapons) and can barely beat DoGgy, even with legendaries.
set up 2 teleporters on opposite sides of the wworld about a small wworlds length awway

then, teleport betwween them and use the elemental spear to hit his face

if he goes abovve you, tp awway

Yeah but that's cheese
I want to be able to win legit like how Baum and Chippy did it
plz nerf wing debuff and just make it, idk, 30% faster or somethin

Question, does anyone else have the problem where Revengance mode disables knock-back immunity?
Because even when I have the obsidian shield equipped I still take knock back, which makes fights with the slime god, the destroyer, and the twins extremely aggravating.
Also this is honestly my favorite mod simply down to how much challenge it adds to the game, seriously keep up the good work!

Are you using Dual Wielding mod? It disables knock-back immunity whenever you right click.

Tips for DoG, just check the spoiler if you want some help. Might save you a few deaths.:merchantrolleyes:
Btw, sorry for the text coloring in it; the background from the spoiler tags makes it clash a bit.

As a bit of an edit to it, I'd like to clarify you need have both DoG under ~300,000 health to keep a third from spawning when one dies. There is no time limit afterwards.

Last edited:
I was wondering, if anyone has the last updated version of calamity for Tmodloader .9.2.3. I am waiting for a few mods in my pack to update but my Calamity version is really old.

I heard that % damage reduction in this mod is capped. Could someone tell me the capped value?

And in Revengeance mod, is the 25% more damage calculated before defense, or after?

Back
Top Bottom