tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Well minecraft isn't very well optimized... But I won't go into that discussion.

Should i also include its a laptop with only 3.5gb of ram and 2gb is alway sbeing taken up by system ?D
[doublepost=1482888170,1482888151][/doublepost]
Fixed the Hive Mind and Cryogen despawn issues, in singleplayer at least.

Changed all of the Devourer of Gods projectiles to more interesting stuff.

Expect more tomorrow...right now I'm tired.

sleep bby abby

I wonder if anyone has actually taken the time to go through 999999HP on the leviathan, to kill it without killing the siren.

It would be kinda like killing a dungeon guardian but it would take alot longer and you'd have to do as little damage to the siren as possible.

I tried it on a test world for the lols, using a P90 and chlorophyte bullets, I got about 30K health down before one too many stray shots killed the siren :(

It would be cool if someone actually got through that much HP on the leviathan, imagine if doing that got you a special item, like a cosmetic baby leviathan pet. >_> (Totally didn't get the idea from the bone key)

(Just some thought sharing, nothing more)

Wut? Why would you ever use the Soul of Cryogen once you can make the Seraph Tracers? Or any other wings for that matter?

The Seraph Tracers is the ULTIMATE wings accessory for one reason, and one reason alone - it frees up another accessory slot by also acting like Angel Treads.

Anyways, in my experience, the Soul of Cryogen is very good even all the way up to when you get the Tracers.
[doublepost=1482900176,1482900003][/doublepost]Try fighting Cryogen without wings. I dare you. Died 3 times. >_>

Got the Soul, fought Cryogen 4 more times with 0 deaths.

Wings > Terraria.

Wut? Why would you ever use the Soul of Cryogen once you can make the Seraph Tracers? Or any other wings for that matter?
That's my point. Instead of taking up the wing slot, the Soul of Cryogen should instead take up the slot all boot accessories occupy. This way a sacrifice of mobility is still needed to make use of the damage bonus, but without ruining your mobility completely.

That's my point. Instead of taking up the wing slot, the Soul of Cryogen should instead take up the slot all boot accessories occupy. This way a sacrifice of mobility is still needed to make use of the damage bonus, but without ruining your mobility completely.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish? For me personally, most of my load outs use both boots and wings. Unless most people don't do that, I'm not really sure what this would do. I don't think people who otherwise don't use boots would use them if they came with a 10% damage boost.. especially if they don't come with all the other bonuses the Frostspark Boots have.

@MountainDrew Maybe take a look at the swords made from Verstaltite? The Darklight Sword is objectively better than the other Verstaltite sword in every way imaginable, and the Darklight Sword's other materials should be very trivial to come up with at the point you'd be crafting it. I would maybe bump up the damage of the other sword..

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish? For me personally, most of my load outs use both boots and wings. Unless most people don't do that, I'm not really sure what this would do. I don't think people who otherwise don't use boots would use them if they came with a 10% damage boost.. especially if they don't come with all the other bonuses the Frostspark Boots have.
The gimmick with the Soul of Cryogen is that a sacrifice of mobility is needed in order to reap its damage bonus, since it counts as wings so no other wings can be used with it.
All's I'm saying is that the sacrifice of mobility needed to make use of the Soul of Cryogen is too great compared to the dodging capabilities late-game wing accessories grant, which are essential in expert mode.

This is why I am suggesting that the Soul of Cryogen should instead count as boots, barring all other boot accessories from being used. With this change, a sacrifice of mobility is still required to use it, as boots are valuable for boss fights and simple convenience. However, using the Soul of Cryogen with this change won't completely ruin your much needed mobility because you will still be able to use wings.

The gimmick with the Soul of Cryogen is that a sacrifice of mobility is needed in order to reap its damage bonus, since it counts as wings so no other wings can be used with it.
All's I'm saying is that the sacrifice of mobility needed to make use of the Soul of Cryogen is too great compared to the dodging capabilities late-game wing accessories grant, which are essential in expert mode.

This is why I am suggesting that the Soul of Cryogen should instead count as boots, barring all other boot accessories from being used. With this change, a sacrifice of mobility is still required to use it, as boots are valuable for boss fights and simple convenience. However, using the Soul of Cryogen with this change won't completely ruin your much needed mobility because you will still be able to use wings.
um i dont know if you noticed, but the soul of cryogen is a pre-mech boss item, its uses are Designed for pre-mech tasks such as mining and underground mobility, why do you want it changed for late game when literally everything else is better at that point to where having it on will be so much worse,
to further this, Frost armor which is also pre-mech, grants the same bonuses with more damage and can be made with items dropped by the exact same boss.

Yeah I'm not sure the Soul of Cryogen should be changed. I used it all the way up until I got the Seraph Tracer in my last playthrough and thought it was just fine..

@tankedup13 @MountainDrew Speaking of Frost Armor, I thought it was a REALLY nice touch to include it as an option post Cryogen. Pretty comparable to Adamantite/Titanium armor but much harder to acquire (IMO) because previously you'd need to not only get those bars to make it, but you'd also need to wait for a blizzard to kill the frost giants..

Last edited:
Speaking of Frost Armor, I thought it was a REALLY nice touch to include it as an option post Cryogen. Pretty comparable to Adamantite/Titanium armor but much harder to acquire (IMO) because previously you'd need to not only get those bars to make it, but you'd also need to wait for a blizzard to kill the frost giants..

Let's not forget how annoying their d@mn frost beams can get.

um i dont know if you noticed, but the soul of cryogen is a pre-mech boss item, its uses are Designed for pre-mech tasks such as mining and underground mobility, why do you want it changed for late game when literally everything else is better at that point to where having it on will be so much worse,
to further this, Frost armor which is also pre-mech, grants the same bonuses with more damage and can be made with items dropped by the exact same boss.
I want to increase the longevity of the use of this item because it is an expert item, it provides a cool, unique effect that is independent of your armor choice, and because the damage bonus is nothing to sneeze at.

Let's not forget how annoying their d@mn frost beams can get.

Not to mention their 8000 HP in expert mode.. :(

I want to increase the longevity of the use of this item because it is an expert item, it provides a cool, unique effect that is independent of your armor choice, and because the damage bonus is nothing to sneeze at.

I've already stated that I was able to successfully use this item up until the Seraph Tracer. How much more longevity do you need? Haha.

You're trading mobility for damage. You can't get both without it being OP. OP in this case meaning it is the only viable option (in my opinion, it's already the only viable option until Seraph Tracer).

If you want the Soul to act as boots instead, then you have to trade something from the Frostspark Boots to make it happen, and I don't think I'd want to use a worse version of the boots.

I suppose you could argue that the Soul could be seen as a direct upgrade from Frostspark Boots since the boots can be acquired pre-hardmode.

Still, I really don't think anything needs changing.

Wow this mod has grew a lot since last time I've played, I might just have to download it when I get the chance, also I noticed you used the wrong "we're" when you wrote the lore you where supposed to use "where"
We're means we are where means where is something or I thought you just where coding, just trying to help you mountain drew

Ps. Mountain drew Your the best coder I've ever seen:p

If you want the Soul to act as boots instead, then you have to trade something from the Frostspark Boots to make it happen, and I don't think I'd want to use a worse version of the boots.
That's the point of my suggestion. You won't have the capabilities of boots, but you will have the capabilities of wings, which are more valuable than boots.
But I've said my piece and I guess I'm not convincing anyone, so I suppose I'll just have to live with it.

Making boots not stack is possible, evidenced by the Thorium Mod and its whole blue tag system, so my suggestion has undergone a slight alteration but still stands.

Oh well. If it's not going to happen, it's not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom