tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
can you give me a separate V1.1.6.17 version
[doublepost=1487528091,1487527991][/doublepost]and by the way im starting a mod called claire and do you have any ideas and
can you help me with some textures later on ?
[doublepost=1487528115][/doublepost]
index.php
Hi there @TheOfficalDevOfclaireMod, welcome to the forums. :) A couple of things to go over that you may not be aware of since you're new...

You can edit your posts. If you're the last person to post, and you want to add more info, please use the Edit button instead of making a new post.

Please don't go into someone else's thread to advertise your own mod. You can talk about your mod on your own profile page and within your signature.

Lastly, the "I Support Calamity" image and link can be placed in your signature. Anything in your signature will automatically show up whenever you make a post. You can put as much info in your signature, but only the top 150 pixels of it will show by default. If someone is interested in seeing the rest, they can view it from your profile page. Update your signature here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?account/signature

How would I outrun the slime god? All I have are the frostspark boots!
I find that the AI of the 2 large slimes that accompany the slime god itself have pretty similar attack patterns to the special mimics, so like the Hallowed mimic. I would say go in a sort of wide figure 8 motion using your frostspark boots and the set of prehardmode wings, quickly diving under and across the slimes as they chase you and try to get above you. The Cthulu shield may help given its dash ability, as well as some very welltimed and placed grappling hooks. You also need to be very wary of the slime god itself as it moves much faster and more unpredictably, applying quite a few nasty debuffs.

Overall, you should focus less on outrunning them since they will always catch up and instead on dodging them.

How would I outrun the slime god? All I have are the frostspark boots!

you don't outrun the slime god itself, just the slimes. the slime god itself will eventually get you and constantly debuff you with gravity debuffs. the best way you can dodge charges at the early stage is hooking yourself to a minecart track as it's faster than a normal hook and keep you near it since gravity debuffs are 'fun'

V1.1.7.53 instead of V1.1.7.52 because the mod browser bugged out.

Stuff:
Code:
- Balance/QoL stuff
1 - Made SURE that post-ML hallow and underworld enemies no longer spawn while post-ML bosses are active
2 - Hive Mind fight revamp
3 - Hive Cyst added, spawns like the Perforator Cyst to summon the Hive Mind
4 - Cryogen's phase 2, 3, and 4 are slower
5 - Nerfed Wrath of the Ancients
6 - Nerfed Blade of Enmity
7 - Reduced Bumblebirb spawn rate
8 - Nerfed Lucrecia
9 - Post-ML enemies no longer spawn if the player is in a town
10 - Mortar and Rubber Mortar Rounds destroy more tiles but are still limited
11 - Secret stuff

- New Items
1 - Slime God Masks for Crimulan and Ebonian variants
2 - Rouge Slash
3 - Gilded Proboscis
4 - Golden Eagle
5 - Brimlance

EDIT: Scratch that, it's only on mediafire. You can find the link at the top of the OP.
Or here: https://www.mediafire.com/?9zh7j57cg11exzb

Last edited:
I finally killed the Profaned Guardians. It took me 3 hours to even accomplish that (the only reason it took me that long was because of their absurdly high health AND defense... also attack power).
Well, to be more specific, my third time fighting them has taken me that amount of time. The first two battles I did went with me pouring an hour or two before I eventually died.

...Or I may be delusional, and that I could've searched a solution to this problem elsewhere (haven't checked for any updates yet, might have to do it tomorrow).

I finally killed the Profaned Guardians. It took me 3 hours to even accomplish that (the only reason it took me that long was because of their absurdly high health AND defense... also attack power).
Well, to be more specific, my third time fighting them has taken me that amount of time. The first two battles I did went with me pouring an hour or two before I eventually died.

...Or I may be delusional, and that I could've searched a solution to this problem elsewhere (haven't checked for any updates yet, might have to do it tomorrow).
Assuming you're using Moon Lord armors/Xeroc and post ML weapons, I would make sure you're fighting inside the Underworld/Hallow all the time. Being outside makes them invincible, so I'd recommend making an Underworld Arena if you haven't already.

I learned that the Summoner is not a fighter himself, which means that his summons are the fighting tools here. Which means you can focus 100% on dodging.

I also learned that being focused at 100% on something makes you a LOT more efficient at it.

Yeeeah, if you aren't fighting along with your summons, you're doing nothing but gimp yourself.

It's this reason why people consider the class underpowered. If NOTHING else fire a gun at enemies containing ichor bullets.

Okay, can we talk about Cryogen for a moment? According to the boss progression, you're supposed to fight him right after the Wall of Flesh. I've defeated the Destroyer and the Skeletron Prime easily on my first try, but Cryogen is still impossible for me. I've fought him 8 times now, and 7/8 times i died due to his second phase.
Why?
After just one hit, i'm "Chilled" and then there's no escape from the shard rain.
XBELa6c.png

Then, i tried to use Yharim's Stimulants, as they seemed overpowered. For 6 different potions, you pretty much get 2 and a half hours of boosted stats.
However, it only got me to the third phase, and then i died. After respawning i heard that the music was still playing and realized that Cryogen didn't despawn. I got to his last phase and as usual, i got hit and then i was completely frozen and died in seconds.

EDIT: I've defeated the Twins now aswell, and as expected they were easy. I only used 1 healing potion during the entire fight.
EDIT2: I got myself the Aureate Wings and still no hope. The second phase just obliterated me.
EDIT3: jesus, i finally did it, feels so satisfying

A few tips: grab Ironskin, Yharims, and Warmth potions for maximum damage reduction, along with the worm scarf if you grabbed it. Titanium/Adamantite armor is recommended. Second, set up some solid blocks somewhere in the arena, and use it to hide under when Cryogen goes into second form. If you have anything homing, or can edge out enough to shoot the thing, that'll help. Heartreach and Life Force potions are great, and remember that Yharims Stimulants stacks with the potions that are used to make it.

So, me and a friend are playing this mod in multiplayer, but items from this mod randomly swap places with other items from this mod.
For example, the Plasma rod from the goblin invasion displays correctly for me, but my friend sees it as a pwnage hammer, if i drop it to him it registers as a pwnagehammer for him, and he can use it perfectly. Saw in op that the mod wasn't built with MP in mind, but still thought i should report the bug.

Assuming you're using Moon Lord armors/Xeroc and post ML weapons, I would make sure you're fighting inside the Underworld/Hallow all the time. Being outside makes them invincible, so I'd recommend making an Underworld Arena if you haven't already.

Well thanks for the tip mate.

...Also, I've been fighting a pile of Bumblebirbs already (to the point where I have around 20 Supreme Healing Potions already).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom