tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
y'know, since you made a boss with music from another game, like Nintendo, why not starbound music? I know theres only three tracks but they're all good

Teratoma now requires True Shadow Scales? How does that make sense?!

Like, is it now a hardmode-only enemy, and it needs to naturally spawn?

So, I took a look at the Hive Mind (since it got remaked) and this boss battle seems fun. It's shorter, but more intense. I mean, yeah, GameRaiders101 just killed him fast because hardmode, but still, this is very cool. I also like the idea to make enemys spawn which will spawn the boss. Maybe making an Ocean Relic enemy in the desert and when killed, the Scourge will awaken? This would be nice.
IMO That is a terrible idea. I think it is interesting, how the mind and the perforators spawn but it is somewhat tedious. You can't rely on their spawn. Early players need 100% assurance of the spawn point because they need to prepare for the scourge with arenas. Just my opinion though

IMO That is a terrible idea. I think it is interesting, how the mind and the perforators spawn but it is somewhat tedious. You can't rely on their spawn. Early players need 100% assurance of the spawn point because they need to prepare for the scourge with arenas. Just my opinion though
Plantera's bulbs?

So, I took a look at the Hive Mind (since it got remaked) and this boss battle seems fun. It's shorter, but more intense. I mean, yeah, GameRaiders101 just killed him fast because hardmode, but still, this is very cool. I also like the idea to make enemys spawn which will spawn the boss. Maybe making an Ocean Relic enemy in the desert and when killed, the Scourge will awaken? This would be nice.
seems like a bad idea to just milk the same idea of boss spawns for every single boss, although stuff like planteras bulb could work for some bosses, like an obelisk sorta thing for plaguebringers first fight or a lil nest for yharon etc.

PLS, nerf hive mind, his first new phase is so hard, cuz of all the mobs he spawns, and they do like 40-50 dmg per hit with shadow armor

PLS, nerf hive mind, his first new phase is so hard, cuz of all the mobs he spawns, and they do like 40-50 dmg per hit with shadow armor

Calamity is meant to be much more difficult than than vanilla and most other mods. In this case, you'll want to take advantage of the hive minds total immobility and use long ranged weapons to bombard it while staying mostly out of range of the vile spit. When it spawns the creepers just back up and blast them down, their hp is pretty low. Also don't try to melee it. That's suicidal with the sheer number of projectiles it has. So if your melee stick to sword beams and boomerangs.

Really the hive minds first stage isn't that hard if you play it safe. And don't go into melee range unless your making some super tank. That's a bad idea for like 99% of bosses in the game, mod or not.

Back
Top Bottom