tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,452 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Do you have Terraria.exe in the installation folder?

That's all in the folder, I recently installed it again to make sure nothing was missing.
Untitledg.jpg

When I killed the WoF (done in a new world after the new calamity update), I get four messages. One is the ancient spirits of light and dark blah blah vanilla message. Then one is "The ancient ice spirits have been unbound," which I think is for Borean Strider but I don't know. One is "A star has fallen from the heavens!" and I assume that its the new astral biome, and then one is "Calamitous creatures now roam free," and I dont know what that one is. (I havent actually beaten WoF in Calamity before this test run so these messages probably arent new) Can someone explain these? Thanks.

When I killed the WoF (done in a new world after the new calamity update), I get four messages. One is the ancient spirits of light and dark blah blah vanilla message. Then one is "The ancient ice spirits have been unbound," which I think is for Borean Strider but I don't know. One is "A star has fallen from the heavens!" and I assume that its the new astral biome, and then one is "Calamitous creatures now roam free," and I dont know what that one is. (I havent actually beaten WoF in Calamity before this test run so these messages probably arent new) Can someone explain these? Thanks.

Ice is for Borean star is for astral calamitous is for the calamity creatures or biome or whatever. in hell

Cryogen has finally been defeated on Revengeance. It is the hardest boss, so far, I think I have faced on Revengeance. I had to go get the Ankh Shield to avoid the chilled debuff, and even still it took me about ten tries. Hopefully the mech bosses are easier, but I'm not sure.

Cryogen has finally been defeated on Revengeance. It is the hardest boss, so far, I think I have faced on Revengeance. I had to go get the Ankh Shield to avoid the chilled debuff, and even still it took me about ten tries. Hopefully the mech bosses are easier, but I'm not sure.
Don't warmth potions prevent the chilled debuff? Either way, I guess your method isn't too bad since you get the ankh shield. It's always extremely useful.

Don't warmth potions prevent the chilled debuff? Either way, I guess your method isn't too bad since you get the ankh shield. It's always extremely useful.

I thought it did too. Then again, modded does mess with things sometimes.

How you get Ankh Shield Pre-Mech Boss? It needs items post-plantera doesn't it?

Edit: Well I just learned that the Ankh Shield is craftable Pre-Mech Boss
Weird that the Ankh Shield Protects against Chilled when no items that prevent chilled are used.

I thought it did too. Then again, modded does mess with things sometimes.

How you get Ankh Shield Pre-Mech Boss? It needs items post-plantera doesn't it?
Not unless they changed the recipe. All items that you need for the ankh shield can be gotten the moment you start hardmode, and some like the bezoar and nazar can be gotten in prehardmode.

Destroyer and Twins defeated - the Hell Burst is very good against the mech bosses (much better than the Crystal Vile Shard, at any rate). And for boss progression, when should I fight the Brimstone Elemental? The boss checklist claims sometime in the middle of the mech bosses, but it is impossible to enter the Calamity biome without a Pickaxe Axe.

I seem to be having a problem with the perforator hive where after a certain amount of spawn time it crashes my game and loads:
  • System.invalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until end has been successfully called.
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode, BlendState blend state, SamplerState samplerState, DepthSTencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState,Effect efffect, Matrix transformMatrix)
  • at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
  • at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
  • at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Hostidle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.Onidle()
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOnFrame()
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  • at
  • System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoldIdle(Int32 gridlef)
  • at
  • System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMso ComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtrdwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
  • at
  • System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  • at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  • at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
  • at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameRunGame(Boolean use BlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] agrs, Boolean monoAgrs)

I also have the same Problem with the King Slime when I fought him but it only occurred when he shrunk down and teleported when it'd crash my game, it might be a similar case here because it doesn't happen at the start of the fight but about midway through, I haven't been able to figure the reason why it does this except it's not tmodloader but a mod becuase I had disabled all of my mods and refought King Slime only to not have my game crash.

Well regardless -- either one of our devised methods would cause Sun Bats appear less often.

Both for the purposes of helping you with your problem, and to quench my curiosity, I was hoping by now someone would chime-in who knew the answer. Ah well.

So I just tested by disabling just about every single mod I have except Calamity and still no Sun Bats.

Anyone know the *exact* spawn conditions? Is it just being in the cavern layer and in hard mode?

So, I just recently got back into Terraria now that MOST of my mods have updated, mostly just started a test world to toy with some new stuff until the rest finish updating, and I come to find a new item called Revengence in my starting inventory. I understand the risks of using it, I'm just curious though- if I use it, is it a toggle item, like some of the previous buffing tools in Calamity past, or is this a 'there's no going back' toggle that I should probably use once I gotten a bit more confident with all this new updated content?

Back
Top Bottom