tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Hello, I'm encountering an issue with receiving insane amount of damage from Desert Scourge, the main boss deals 110+ damage when I'm at 39~ armour + scarf (expert mode + revengeance thingy). Is that a bug or am I actually supposed to take that much damage with these defenses (or just possible bad mod interation)? Reason why I ask is that on wiki it shows that the boss does 60 damage on expert + 20%(?) from revengeance, and now it feels like it's not 20% but 200% damage taken. Quite sure that I was taking way above needed damage from corruption worm boss as well.

Other mods I'm using: Spirit mod and level/class mod.
Which level/class mod? "Leveled" or "experience and classes"

Interesting. Does this apply when the raining event occurs or is it exclusively when your character is out in the rain? You've also mentioned the "irradiated" debuff. Do you know what sort of penalties it gives?
It completely replaces rain post moon lord. And the irradiated debuff, if I remember correctly, lowers defence and increases damage

It completely replaces rain post moon lord. And the irradiated debuff, if I remember correctly, lowers defence and increases damage
It absolutely destroys your defence. I think it's between 50% and 66% cut. Makes fighting Devourer of Gods in revengeance absolutely impossible. And there's no damage buff I can notice, altho every damageable npc on screen seems to take damage automatically, making baitfarming another impossible task as the worms die before I can get to them. Did I also mention it lasts incredibly long and can just start up in the middle of boss fights? I lost to the Devourer twice while they were on 10%~ ish HP because of the rain.

Hello.

So the Astral Meteor biome, right? After starting up a new calamity world using the most recent update to play with a friend, we beat WoF and got our astral meteor to spawn, that's all well and good. For some reason, we were able to mine it (the wiki for Calamity says we shouldn't have been able to, but I'm pretty sure we just mined it with our Reaver Sharks, although it did take a little bit). Not only that, but no enemies spawned for our entirety in the biome, and we sat there and mined the entire meteor upon finding it for at least 10 minutes. We're at the point where we should be fighting Astrum Deus, but WoF is being rude about spawning our second meteor, and assuming we even get it to spawn, I'd assume we'd have the same issue of no enemies spawning.

We're playing in a medium world if that means anything, and the meteor landed on the edge of a desert.

Hello.

So the Astral Meteor biome, right? After starting up a new calamity world using the most recent update to play with a friend, we beat WoF and got our astral meteor to spawn, that's all well and good. For some reason, we were able to mine it (the wiki for Calamity says we shouldn't have been able to, but I'm pretty sure we just mined it with our Reaver Sharks, although it did take a little bit). Not only that, but no enemies spawned for our entirety in the biome, and we sat there and mined the entire meteor upon finding it for at least 10 minutes. We're at the point where we should be fighting Astrum Deus, but WoF is being rude about spawning our second meteor, and assuming we even get it to spawn, I'd assume we'd have the same issue of no enemies spawning.

We're playing in a medium world if that means anything, and the meteor landed on the edge of a desert.
The Astral biome is broken in multiplayer. No enemies spawn and the ore is not meant to be be mined until post astrum deus. Also, Wof does not spawn a second meteor, you have to defeat the astrogeldon slime by using a star chunk.

The Astral biome is broken in multiplayer. No enemies spawn and the ore is not meant to be be mined until post astrum deus. Also, Wof does not spawn a second meteor, you have to defeat the astrogeldon slime by using a star chunk.

Oh okay. Thanks for the swift reply!

Wof does not spawn a second meteor, you have to defeat the astrogeldon slime by using a star chunk.
WoF has a 20% chance to spawn another meteor after the first one landed and a 5% percent after that. I'd still kill Astrogeldon though because you're guaranteed a meteor every kill.

After the latest update, Wulfrum slimes and drones are still very common at the very start of the game. While the frequency of their spawning isn't necessarily the problem, they're just way too powerful (+6X HP compared to slimes in that area and they hit hard) -- and drones move very quickly for starting mobs, and nearly impossible to run from at default walking speed. Without any real way to defend against them, these mobs can be downright annoying right at the start.

I propose one of two solutions. Since their loot/gear isn't very good as it is, it may be best to weaken them significantly, and slow down drones. Or alternatively, keep their stats the same, but don't allow them to spawn until post-EoC. This will make them very suitable difficulty-wise, although you'll also have to buff the loot they drop in order to give them any purpose at that point in the game.

Personally I'd prefer holding them off until after a boss.

Back
Top Bottom