tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Here we go with a music update:

Geez, the forum for this place was closed quite a while ago, so I couldn't post Providence's theme. But I can already see a lot of you have already found it, so I won't bother. Anyway, here's Plaguebringer's tune.

What, you thought I was done? I did Polterghast's theme TOO. Because my birthday is always full of surprises. Have fun, and thank you all for listening.
wOOOOw

you seem to have a pattern of getting better each time you compose.

and 2 THEMES IN ONE DAY!!! you are a god

So I made an account just to ask this, but what's the deal with Polterghast? I've been fighting him so much for so long and he just always seems to crush me. I have the most endgear items, tried with melee/ranged/magic, the best 2 available armors, every weapon that doesn't require Comsilite Bars from the DoG (because you need to beat Polter to fight DoG...).

I mean I've fought it over 50 times now. I have an arena, most of the health regen setups, I thought the problem was my arena was techincally out of the dungeon, so he was enraged, but then when I drug him thoughout the entire dungeon to see, he was still doing the same amount of damage and taking very little.

I've watched guides, other people beat him, the tips on the Wiki, but it's just not working. He's NOT just a higher HP Plantera. Dodging is impossible with the ricocheting shots and the occasional 500 damage-ignoring invincibility frame hook on his body hitting you.

I'm using the 500hp potions, I have a max of 900 HP atm (1000 with the Life Potion(did I mention I'm using EVERY buff potion possible?)) and it seems when he reaches his 25% Necroplasm phase, he starts taking very little damage, even though the wiki says he doesn't gain any defense.

I've beat every other boss possible atm, and I'm getting frustrated that the only way to spawn the damn thing is grinding in the Dungeon for 15 minutes. I'm just looking for anything, advice, a strategy, even an exploit possibly, because I just want to progress at this point. It's been weeks on and off Terraria grinding this thing, and the closest I've gotten is ~15% HP.

This is Revengance Mode by the way. I know it's supposed to be hard, but most of the bosses are hard in the mode, this is just unnatural.

Thank you for reading.

So I made an account just to ask this, but what's the deal with Polterghast? I've been fighting him so much for so long and he just always seems to crush me. I have the most endgear items, tried with melee/ranged/magic, the best 2 available armors, every weapon that doesn't require Comsilite Bars from the DoG (because you need to beat Polter to fight DoG...).

I mean I've fought it over 50 times now. I have an arena, most of the health regen setups, I thought the problem was my arena was techincally out of the dungeon, so he was enraged, but then when I drug him thoughout the entire dungeon to see, he was still doing the same amount of damage and taking very little.

I've watched guides, other people beat him, the tips on the Wiki, but it's just not working. He's NOT just a higher HP Plantera. Dodging is impossible with the ricocheting shots and the occasional 500 damage-ignoring invincibility frame hook on his body hitting you.

I'm using the 500hp potions, I have a max of 900 HP atm (1000 with the Life Potion(did I mention I'm using EVERY buff potion possible?)) and it seems when he reaches his 25% Necroplasm phase, he starts taking very little damage, even though the wiki says he doesn't gain any defense.

I've beat every other boss possible atm, and I'm getting frustrated that the only way to spawn the damn thing is grinding in the Dungeon for 15 minutes. I'm just looking for anything, advice, a strategy, even an exploit possibly, because I just want to progress at this point. It's been weeks on and off Terraria grinding this thing, and the closest I've gotten is ~15% HP.

This is Revengance Mode by the way. I know it's supposed to be hard, but most of the bosses are hard in the mode, this is just unnatural.

Thank you for reading.
I can tell you one thing: While the Polterghast doesn't gain Defense, it gains Damage Resistance as its health gets lower.

I can tell you one thing: While the Polterghast doesn't gain Defense, it gains Damage Resistance as its health gets lower.
Thanks for the advice but that was pretty clear. I didn't know there was a difference, but still sucks something like that isn't listed. Have you beat him on Revengance before? Or anything. Something...haha.

Thanks for the advice but that was pretty clear. I didn't know there was a difference, but still sucks something like that isn't listed. Have you beat him on Revengance before? Or anything. Something...haha.
No, I haven't; Sorry. Just focus on dodging and fight it similarly to Plantera. That's all the help I can give.

No, I haven't; Sorry. Just focus on dodging and fight it similarly to Plantera. That's all the help I can give.
Yeah I appreciate it. Dodging is nigh impossible with the way his shots work, and Plantera doesn't start moving light-speed and all the other stuffs PG does. I can't fight it similarly to Plantera because it's really difference from Plantera. Not trying to bash you or anything. Thanks for the advice though. I just wanna play again ;-;

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-7_11-1-23.png
    upload_2017-10-7_11-1-23.png
    596 bytes · Views: 329
No one will fix it because that's how the boss is programmed now. It's most likely not on the wiki yet, but i'll go check that out soon.
It says on the wiki that it has been updated 6 days ago, but the boss was like that before that.
Also, I think the developers should balance it, it is SUPER hard!(At least, way too hard for normal mode :/)

i feel like DoG is damn near impossible to beat now not sure if this is a bug or not but ill be running on my platforms and the lazer's that are normally coming from his body that is behind me are being shot at me in the direction im going and its getting me killed every time. im not really sure what to do... any ideas?

Thank you for reading.
I spent hours on the damn thing without even coming close to beating it. Extremely frustrated, I loaded up a new world, got it post-providence and beat the polterghast on my first attempt. My conclusion was that there seemed to be a problem with my dungeon that allowed the boss to become enraged and do ungodly damage as result. I suggest downloading this world: https://www.dropbox.com/s/382s3wjkx4t...
It is from Baum's playthrough of the mod and has a dungeon that seems to be perfect for the fight.

Thank you for reading.

I got some tricks for you bro. Try summoning Ceasless Void while fighting Polterghast while using Bloodflare Armor. The trick is kinda easy actually since the set bonus of Bloodflare Armor (Enemies below 50% life have a chance to drop hearts when struck,Enemies above 50% life have a chance to drop mana stars when struck) making the Ceasless Void minions to drop hearts and mana crystal. If Ceasless Void is dead while Polterghast is still alive just summon Ceasless Void again. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot :)

Thank you for reading.
git gud

It says on the wiki that it has been updated 6 days ago, but the boss was like that before that.
Also, I think the developers should balance it, it is SUPER hard!(At least, way too hard for normal mode :/)
It is intentional, and git gud

Back
Top Bottom