tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
i have notice this issue before but i am unable to get my 7th slot for accsessories when i used my celestial onion? i am in expert and am using revengeance as well

hey there! i'm not sure if anyone mentioned that untill now, but i got a really strange bug. i updated the mod today and now i can't use my reaver shark, but strangely just in one of my worlds. as soon as i deactivate the mod i can use the reaver shark again. also if i switch worlds with that character, while the mod is still active, i can use it as well. just when i play this one world with calamity active it won't work.

i created that world 4 days ago with the older version of the mod and i also have 'recipe browser', 'boss checklist' and 'yet another boss health bar'. deactivating those mods also didnt' solve the problem :/

and the other world, where everything worked fine, was also created with the same version of calamity, as the one where the reaver shark stopped working. that world is just about 8 days old

other pickaxes seem to work btw.

hey there! i'm not sure if anyone mentioned that untill now, but i got a really strange bug. i updated the mod today and now i can't use my reaver shark, but strangely just in one of my worlds. as soon as i deactivate the mod i can use the reaver shark again. also if i switch worlds with that character, while the mod is still active, i can use it as well. just when i play this one world with calamity active it won't work.

i created that world 4 days ago with the older version of the mod and i also have 'recipe browser', 'boss checklist' and 'yet another boss health bar'. deactivating those mods also didnt' solve the problem :/

and the other world, where everything worked fine, was also created with the same version of calamity, as the one where the reaver shark stopped working. that world is just about 8 days old

other pickaxes seem to work btw.
If you're on Revengeance mode, the Reaver Shark is unuseable pre-Skeletron.

Welp, offtopic got muted for the 500000000000th time, yknow why? because some people just cant read. and yknow why they cant read? because they cant accept the fact that there are rules.

So I have a question, Im just now getting to Yharon and he has double the hp it says on the wiki for normal mode and expert mode but still the same hp for revengeance mode.

Same as above, just got to Yharon and he has 4mill health. any particualy reason for this? Uber-buff or glitch?
Also DoG is doing hes death mode stuff in normal revengance. (insta kill head, taking much less damage in the second phase which is honestly the worst.)

Another 2 things, Yharons contact damage is astronomically high, about 1k if im noting wearing the half contanct damage item, and his flarenadoes segemets split up and just screw off horizontally. I'm certain the boss is imppossible at this stage.

20171125_122258.jpg
What are those swirly things For? Do they have a purpose/use?

Suggestion regarding Supreme Calamitas: Instead of killing the player outright if they legitimately survive 30 hits or take the underbar damage, have her simply despawn instead with a nope.avi message. I get the idea behind what it is, but killing them is the wrong punishment ...Especially if that happens to a hard core character.

(I never play those though. Thankfully.)

Hell if I know.

But talking with Dad Trampoline MKII on Discord, he came up with an alternative idea: Print off how many hits you have available left before you get douched on. Just a good ol' chat message in the text box similar to her chattering.

Suggestion regarding Supreme Calamitas: Instead of killing the player outright if they legitimately survive 30 hits or take the underbar damage, have her simply despawn instead with a nope.avi message. I get the idea behind what it is, but killing them is the wrong punishment ...Especially if that happens to a hard core character.

(I never play those though. Thankfully.)

Why not just boost calamitas to crazy power levels if players survive the 30 hits or do too much damage. I've had it think I'm cheating when i'm not, a bunch of times, and it is annoying.

The Anti-cheese stuff people are doing with their mods is really unrefined. You feel it necessary to punish the people playing your mod? That's fine, but do so in a way that doesn't pigeonhole them into using the stuff from your mod. Soul of Terraria is extremely difficult to get. So is the final accessory from blue's mod. Making it so players can't use what they've spent hundreds of hours working towards is a real lame move.

They survive 30 hits? BAM 100 billion health and 100x all damage values for the remainder of the fight. Player deals too much damage in a set period of time? Calamitas taunts the player and uses a new, super powered move, or something (just don't do the lame health regen thing that sacredtools did. Its horribly annoying and not 'fun' nor 'hard').

Blue's anti-cheese thing is annoying too, but the mechanics of that mod are built specifically around that mechanic, it isn't something shoehorned in to make a boss 'hard'.

Having said that, I think the new Calamitas fight is pretty well scripted. Anti-cheese nonsense aside it is a pretty fun fight.

I hate the anti-cheese stuff so much myself.

I came so close to beating her legitimately... I was just about to finish her off when I accidentally touched a blood orb and bam. Dead. She took a douche on me for too many hits. It pissed me off so much, I introduced a little side mod of my own that circumvents it entirely.

Because !@#$ that punishment. I wanted my compensation, and it's only for that which I'll break the rules of the game.

The punishment should be setting her defense to 999999 for the remainder of the fight. Force them to whittle away the rest of her health instead so players can still finish it, at least.

Don't enrage her or anything because if it's a legit player, that's just as bad as instant killing if they're doing it without other mods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom