tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,451 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Yeah, I tried at the Sulphurous Sea. No luck. Get the message that says 'Aquatic Scourge has awoken' but nothing else.

I see... have you checked the minimap? From what I've seen that scourge is passive until attacked, and I don't know if it's different when manually summoned. When you summon and (presumably) stay in it, do you check the minimap? It may be passive in which you'll need to attack it in order to truly start the fight.

I have a little question, having just been playing Terraria with a friend.

Does Bumblebirb still spawn naturally in the Jungle, or do you -have- to use a Pheremones now? Haven't had any luck getting him to spawn himself
You have to spawn Bumblebirb manually.
You do have to use a Pheremone to spawn him but his natural spawn rate is extremely low
They cannot spawn naturally.

I'd have a small question for the creator of the mod: is it okay to write a fanfic that takes place within this mod's universe (with a few remixes on my side to weld the story together)?

If yes, I can try posting what I already wrote, so you can give feedback! I'm quite new at writing, but being a troper and reading a lot of fanfics makes me want to try.

I'd have a small question for the creator of the mod: is it okay to write a fanfic that takes place within this mod's universe (with a few remixes on my side to weld the story together)?

If yes, I can try posting what I already wrote, so you can give feedback! I'm quite new at writing, but being a troper and reading a lot of fanfics makes me want to try.
I wish I thought of this first.

Thank you for making such a great mod by the way, it is amazing and I don't think I can put into words how much I appreciate the effort you put in this. I just read through all the grief you had to endure and it kinda made me sad. You said you are the only programmer!? THAT'S NUTS!! I would have never guessed that, I didn't guess that. I posted a comment a whiles ago complementing (and replying to the topic of the thread) citing "you guys" because I though it was a team working on this. I really don't know how to put this, but I kind of find it inspiring when I see something so well made when it was made by someone, as you said, isn't professional. Seeing how much work and how wonderfully put together this mod is gives me the same kind of satisfaction I felt when rooster-teeth rose to fame. Starting out with a couple friends and now running an entire company. You don't deserve the kind of flak that you've received here, or any kind at all for that matter. Even if you don't feel like it, just know there are at the very least people like me who are in complete awe at the entire new world you brought us. And we have nothing but the upmost respect for you. Thank you again for all your hard work, only put more work into this if it's to make you happy. You deserve that much.

How do you get Discord!?!?! Every time I try, it says something's not right, and tells me to enter my phone number... only I don't have a phone...

I wonder if Ravager will ever get a little lore. The only thing we know about it is that it's an ancient Automaton roaming the land after the Golem's defeat. And is summoned using items gained from the temple. Perhaps it's some sort of ancient golem, a golem made prior to the Golem we all know and love. Judging from all the blood based stuff, the people who made it could be originating from the underworld or they may have mixed themselves with a Golem to create Ravager. There is no doubt that the two automatons are similar, as both have around the same general build. And judging by the Ravager's death message, it only says "A Ravager has been defeated", as opposed to "Ravager has been defeated". That implies that Ravager is probably a mass produced thing, Maybe Ravager was originally golems made deep in the underworld, and then due to them not being able to function, underworld spirits, demons, that stuff merged with the underworld golem in order to give it life, and in order to make it move. If that were the case the only real times they saw conflict was the Calamitas attack and the war against the Hallow, and if it was in the war against the Hallow, they were brought up to land and used in several fights, some occasionally breaking down and remaining inactive. These golems may have been created using what Lihzahrd bricks once were, and they were activated using the Ancient medallion, eventually the Ravagers were likely abandoned after Providence was born, causing them to spawn on the overworld in the game.

Another thing I found interesting about Ravager is that they were one of the "Calamitous creatures" that gained a buff after Providence's defeat, along with Calamitas and the Brimstone Elemental, both of which who had something to do with the underworld. Brimstone Elemental was once worshipped at the capital, Calamitas once destroyed the capital. Then where does Ravager fit in? Were some of the older Ravagers kept to defend the capital and were destroyed in Calamitas' attack? That would be a likely explanation, and like I typed earlier, the ones we fight on the overworld were simply relics of the war, reactivated by the Ancient Medallion that could've been used to power the automatons.

Though what doesn't make sense is that they were mentioned to have been reactivated following Golem's defeat, which may not support the Medallion theory, but that Medallion does have some sort of use concerning the Ravager, be it a powering device, be it a beacon, either way, it draws one to the player. The Golem's defeat is a big factor in the game though, causing a few things to occur, the plague hits your part of the jungle, the cultists begin converging at the dungeon, and of course, Ravager is reactivated, perhaps Golem emitted some sort of energy which caused the cultists to go to the dungeon to summon the Moon Lord, and the very same energy caused the Ravager to reactivate. I kinda wanna say the energy is affiliated with Providence, as Providence was stated to be a source of energy for the Golem, who uses Sun energy, I would like to say that the Ravager also runs on similar energy, as the Golem may have released a lot of energy upon defeat, caused the Ravager to stir due to the energy, and got stronger when Providence was taken down, perhaps it was a boost of energy, as we can re-summon Providence. What I also find interesting is that the Calamitas clone and Brimstone Elemental both get a buff upon Providence's defeat. Why them? Perhaps the underworld used to use that sort of energy and Calamitas' clone used it (somehow) as well. And that'd only mean that Providence was only defeated and released even more energy upon it's defeat. Hence why Providence can be re-summoned. And this would tell us a few things if all of this was (somehow) true.

A-Ravager is older then Providence, and was used in the Underworld-Hallow War spoken of in Providence's Lore.
B-Ravager ran on the same energy as the Golem, and that the underworld uses this energy too. Possibly through the Underworld's lava
C-The remaining Ravagers after the war were used to defend the underworld capital, and were all destroyed when Calamitas layed siege to it.
D-Calamitas also uses this power, hence why the clone gets buffed.
E-So does Brimstone Elemental.

I wonder how many obvious facts I stated, I got carried away, sorry.

Does anyone know the links to every version of this mod?

The latest version is not compatible with my tmodload (And, I like trying bugged versions, makes the game fun :p)
(I also can't get the mod loader on the newest terraria version, for I have the gog version, in case you were wondering)

Does anyone know the links to every version of this mod?

The latest version is not compatible with my tmodload (And, I like trying bugged versions, makes the game fun :p)
(I also can't get the mod loader on the newest terraria version, for I have the gog version, in case you were wondering)

I don't know the links for every version.

However, you'll need to update tmodloader if you wanna play the newest update

Fabsol doesn't have anything against people writing fanfics for the mod.

When reloading calamity after download an error pops up so I open logs and this is what is there
The wav sound file at Sounds/Item/FlareSound failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadWav(String path, Byte[] bytes)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
External component has thrown an exception.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadWav(String path, Byte[] bytes)
Can anyone tell me what to do? Thank you!

I wonder if Ravager will ever get a little lore. The only thing we know about it is that it's an ancient Automaton roaming the land after the Golem's defeat. And is summoned using items gained from the temple. Perhaps it's some sort of ancient golem, a golem made prior to the Golem we all know and love. Judging from all the blood based stuff, the people who made it could be originating from the underworld or they may have mixed themselves with a Golem to create Ravager. There is no doubt that the two automatons are similar, as both have around the same general build. And judging by the Ravager's death message, it only says "A Ravager has been defeated", as opposed to "Ravager has been defeated". That implies that Ravager is probably a mass produced thing, Maybe Ravager was originally golems made deep in the underworld, and then due to them not being able to function, underworld spirits, demons, that stuff merged with the underworld golem in order to give it life, and in order to make it move. If that were the case the only real times they saw conflict was the Calamitas attack and the war against the Hallow, and if it was in the war against the Hallow, they were brought up to land and used in several fights, some occasionally breaking down and remaining inactive. These golems may have been created using what Lihzahrd bricks once were, and they were activated using the Ancient medallion, eventually the Ravagers were likely abandoned after Providence was born, causing them to spawn on the overworld in the game.

Another thing I found interesting about Ravager is that they were one of the "Calamitous creatures" that gained a buff after Providence's defeat, along with Calamitas and the Brimstone Elemental, both of which who had something to do with the underworld. Brimstone Elemental was once worshipped at the capital, Calamitas once destroyed the capital. Then where does Ravager fit in? Were some of the older Ravagers kept to defend the capital and were destroyed in Calamitas' attack? That would be a likely explanation, and like I typed earlier, the ones we fight on the overworld were simply relics of the war, reactivated by the Ancient Medallion that could've been used to power the automatons.

Though what doesn't make sense is that they were mentioned to have been reactivated following Golem's defeat, which may not support the Medallion theory, but that Medallion does have some sort of use concerning the Ravager, be it a powering device, be it a beacon, either way, it draws one to the player. The Golem's defeat is a big factor in the game though, causing a few things to occur, the plague hits your part of the jungle, the cultists begin converging at the dungeon, and of course, Ravager is reactivated, perhaps Golem emitted some sort of energy which caused the cultists to go to the dungeon to summon the Moon Lord, and the very same energy caused the Ravager to reactivate. I kinda wanna say the energy is affiliated with Providence, as Providence was stated to be a source of energy for the Golem, who uses Sun energy, I would like to say that the Ravager also runs on similar energy, as the Golem may have released a lot of energy upon defeat, caused the Ravager to stir due to the energy, and got stronger when Providence was taken down, perhaps it was a boost of energy, as we can re-summon Providence. What I also find interesting is that the Calamitas clone and Brimstone Elemental both get a buff upon Providence's defeat. Why them? Perhaps the underworld used to use that sort of energy and Calamitas' clone used it (somehow) as well. And that'd only mean that Providence was only defeated and released even more energy upon it's defeat. Hence why Providence can be re-summoned. And this would tell us a few things if all of this was (somehow) true.

A-Ravager is older then Providence, and was used in the Underworld-Hallow War spoken of in Providence's Lore.
B-Ravager ran on the same energy as the Golem, and that the underworld uses this energy too. Possibly through the Underworld's lava
C-The remaining Ravagers after the war were used to defend the underworld capital, and were all destroyed when Calamitas layed siege to it.

You made the Ravenger a lot more than just an upgraded Golem.

Interesting Theory; I agree that the Ravager should have some lore along with the Astrageldon Slime, Astrum Deus, and the Polterghast. Aquatic Scourge should have lore relating to the Desert Scourge

Back
Top Bottom