tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
bestpre yahron (?) weapon, any weapon, any class MOST DAMAGE, yahron is imune to overpowered weapons from overpowered stuff mod, can someone help me? best weapon against him EVEN IF USES MY LIFE AS AMMO, i have 21850 life

Hey there, curious on something, Can you get both the stats from "Elemental Quiver" and "Daedalus Emblem", just wondering if you can stack both and utilize essentially 2 sets of the daedalus emblem due to the elemental quiver having stuff from it

Hey there, curious on something, Can you get both the stats from "Elemental Quiver" and "Daedalus Emblem", just wondering if you can stack both and utilize essentially 2 sets of the daedalus emblem due to the elemental quiver having stuff from it
aaand is over powered?
if nope i dont want make this, i am OVERPOWERED

I'm new to the community and game. I've been playing about a month now and love it. The calamity mod has kept the game going after every "pure" vanilla class playthrough. I wanted to say this mod is excellent and very fun and challenging.

With that said, my only concern is the devourer of gods wall I've smashed into. I'm very happy for the blood shards that now drop from blood moon enemies. Combining the blood armor and zerg potion during these makes farming for potions so much better. This was a great idea. But I've used so many potions on DoG attempts now it's insane.

His first phase is very nicely balanced and rewards people who have spent a good hour or more of preparing. My problem comes in the second phase. It could be caused by my resolution of 3440x1440 ultrawide. You would think this resolution would help letting me see so much but it actually zooms in with no way of zooming out more. The lasers appear almost immediately on my screen leaving almost 0 room for error.

Everything up to this point i felt was very balanced (this is EXPERT MODE btw). Even his second form is pretty balanced, my only gripe is his invisible / immune phase. I feel this portion of the fight is very unbalanced and unfair. Prior to this point, with careful dodging and paying close attention to the fight it's pretty smooth. Getting in chip damage when you can trying to dodge the chaos flying at you from everything. Once he goes immune though, i feel this is a deliberate attempt to draw out the fight and punish you. If you took damage switching to a healing weapon etc is no longer a viable option. There is so much chaos and damage coming in at this point that it doesn't even become an endurance fight. If you do not absolutely perform everything perfect you are destroyed within a second. And with the 2 full phases and massive health, it makes it very frustrating losing 100+ times at this point in the very long fight using 2 sets of 8+ buff potions per attempt.
I feel in and up to expert mode the invulnerable portion of the fight shouldn't be there. Keep that and the double worms for revengance but this would open up possible healing options if you have prepped enough to keep up.

Don't take it the wrong way please! This is just my opinion as someone who has spent a full week on this boss and can flawlessly kill his phase 1 and flawlessly phase 2 until his invuln phases from all of my attempts. This is from easily over 100 attempts and so many hours farming other stuff for buffs etc. The mod is amazing just this boss, for not even being a final boss, is so intense and not in a fun way to me. Every boss has certain preparations you can do to make it easier. This boss seems deliberately designed to remove any type of possible prep to make your life easier which I feel takes away from the original I guess goal of the games design.

Thank you guys so much for this amazing mod though. All the hard work you guys put in shows with clever fun boss encounters, weapons, mechanics etc. You guys have truly revitalized my excitement for the game and I can't wait for my next pure class playthroughs, if I can ever beat DoG and progress on my melee one that is!

I'm new to the community and game. I've been playing about a month now and love it. The calamity mod has kept the game going after every "pure" vanilla class playthrough. I wanted to say this mod is excellent and very fun and challenging.

With that said, my only concern is the devourer of gods wall I've smashed into. I'm very happy for the blood shards that now drop from blood moon enemies. Combining the blood armor and zerg potion during these makes farming for potions so much better. This was a great idea. But I've used so many potions on DoG attempts now it's insane.

His first phase is very nicely balanced and rewards people who have spent a good hour or more of preparing. My problem comes in the second phase. It could be caused by my resolution of 3440x1440 ultrawide. You would think this resolution would help letting me see so much but it actually zooms in with no way of zooming out more. The lasers appear almost immediately on my screen leaving almost 0 room for error.

Everything up to this point i felt was very balanced (this is EXPERT MODE btw). Even his second form is pretty balanced, my only gripe is his invisible / immune phase. I feel this portion of the fight is very unbalanced and unfair. Prior to this point, with careful dodging and paying close attention to the fight it's pretty smooth. Getting in chip damage when you can trying to dodge the chaos flying at you from everything. Once he goes immune though, i feel this is a deliberate attempt to draw out the fight and punish you. If you took damage switching to a healing weapon etc is no longer a viable option. There is so much chaos and damage coming in at this point that it doesn't even become an endurance fight. If you do not absolutely perform everything perfect you are destroyed within a second. And with the 2 full phases and massive health, it makes it very frustrating losing 100+ times at this point in the very long fight using 2 sets of 8+ buff potions per attempt.
I feel in and up to expert mode the invulnerable portion of the fight shouldn't be there. Keep that and the double worms for revengance but this would open up possible healing options if you have prepped enough to keep up.

Don't take it the wrong way please! This is just my opinion as someone who has spent a full week on this boss and can flawlessly kill his phase 1 and flawlessly phase 2 until his invuln phases from all of my attempts. This is from easily over 100 attempts and so many hours farming other stuff for buffs etc. The mod is amazing just this boss, for not even being a final boss, is so intense and not in a fun way to me. Every boss has certain preparations you can do to make it easier. This boss seems deliberately designed to remove any type of possible prep to make your life easier which I feel takes away from the original I guess goal of the games design.

Thank you guys so much for this amazing mod though. All the hard work you guys put in shows with clever fun boss encounters, weapons, mechanics etc. You guys have truly revitalized my excitement for the game and I can't wait for my next pure class playthroughs, if I can ever beat DoG and progress on my melee one that is!
Maybe you're just not good enough for expert mode DoG. Not doubting your skill or trying to be rude, just a possibility.

"Maybe you're just not good enough for expert mode DoG. Not doubting your skill or trying to be rude, just a possibility. "

So you feel that the difficulty spike from profaned god and sentinals to DoG is correct and balanced? The difficulty curve from them to DoG spikes straight up and he's not even the final boss of the mod. While figuring out strats from other people and seeing older versions of the boss that went from pretty much only his first form to what it is now is such a huge jump. I could see that difficulty for a final boss maybe.

The invulnerability part of DoG is there just to draw out the fight as long as possible, nothing more.

"Maybe you're just not good enough for expert mode DoG. Not doubting your skill or trying to be rude, just a possibility. "

So you feel that the difficulty spike from profaned god and sentinals to DoG is correct and balanced? The difficulty curve from them to DoG spikes straight up and he's not even the final boss of the mod. While figuring out strats from other people and seeing older versions of the boss that went from pretty much only his first form to what it is now is such a huge jump. I could see that difficulty for a final boss maybe.

The invulnerability part of DoG is there just to draw out the fight as long as possible, nothing more.
I'm just saying maybe the difficulty spike from profaned god and sentinals to DoG is meant to throw off most players, especially in expert mode

This is a really good mod, it is very fun to just play with. Though I haven't reach hardmode yet, and probably won't be able to beat any of the really tough bosses I don't mind, it's only for fun really. And I find stuff like this to be an inspiration for me to write something, perhaps I'll write something Calamity related in the future seeing as this mod gives me a lot of material to work with. Either way, this is an excellent mod, and it is certainly an experience to play through even if I'm not in hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom