tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So... Why rogue damage? it feels stupid to me when i play with bunch of mods and the few go-to throwing weapons which i like have been changed from throwing damage to rogue damage

So... Why rogue damage? it feels stupid to me when i play with bunch of mods and the few go-to throwing weapons which i like have been changed from throwing damage to rogue damage
For a currently undisclosed reason. It's best not to question it, we'll get the answer in the future.

Hey devs, I'm creating a small mod referencing CalamityMod that creates an accessory which boosts rogue damage and rogue weapons' critical change, but I can't seem to nail the variable name for these properties - I tried CalamityMod.rogueDamage and CalamityMod.rogueCrit but they didn't work. Can you enlighten a brother as to what their actual names are? Thanks.

They said that this is what Goozma will look like
goozma_7.png

But we've been lied to.
eaa.gif

401.gif

Rogue exists because we wanted to expand on throwing and create our own sorta ideal version of it. There will be more added to it in the near future, damage type was completed a bit beforehand so it was added. Sorry if that and the lack of details on the unmentionable reason caused any confusion.

They said that this is what Goozma will look like
goozma_7.png

But we've been lied to.
eaa.gif

401.gif

Oh snap, somebody already found out the phase two design :O

anytime i make a world, this crash happens:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
anyone know why??

at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
anyone know why??

I don't know much about coding, but my guess is that you either didn't download Calamity correctly or have some other mod interfering with Calamity.

anyone know why??
Try small world.
Otherwise you might not have enough memory to gen the world. In which case try not using the music pack when making a world.

So, I haven't played since Calamity wasn't split off with it's music, and I've been having some serious world generation issues since I came back. I already tried testing it while disabling every other mod and narrowed it down to specifically Calamity. The world doesn't generate properly, the Underworld is below the bottom of the in game map, and when you go down far enough the world just ends, either with a huge gap of nothing, or blocks vertically repeated. Underworld structures will be cut in half, and roaming around the Underworld will lead to all the blocks on screen just disappearing. No Underworld Shrine because the bottom 10-20% of the Underworld is just gone. I opened up TEdit, which I realize doesn't support mods, but the bottom of the map is fine in TEdit, though unloading Calamity still has the bottom broken. A little disappointed since that means the Underworld Shrine is gone. I've tried large and small worlds with only the main Calamity mod enabled, and the bottom of the Underworld is always broken.

Here's what the map looks like, pretty sure the underworld didn't used to go below the end of the map (maybe my memory is fuzzy)
9AB78D90F22D89F769F97EF7E4E5902385791376

I'm 100% sure the Underworld shouldn't look like this.

1226B1746D38CF80F98915F9A3C3E00E16C71306

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix?

when i try to load the latest version of calamity v.1.4.1.3 an error messege shows up
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at CalamityMod.CalamityMod.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
and the game crashes but when i try to load calamity v1.3.5.3 it loads fine

and the game crashes but when i try to load calamity v1.3.5.3 it loads fine
Calamity is no longer stable on all systems because it increases the size of the world gen in order to add common ground materials to the sky. Things like pre-hardmode ores, queen bee larva, and life crystals. The usual recommendation is to try using small or medium worlds from now on.

Calamity is no longer stable on all systems because it increases the size of the world gen in order to add common ground materials to the sky. Things like pre-hardmode ores, queen bee larva, and life crystals. The usual recommendation is to try using small or medium worlds from now on.

I already tried with a small world (as I said in my post) and the bottom of the map was broken as well. I guess I can try a medium, but if my small worlds were also brokenly generated, I don't have much hope that a medium will fix everything. Is this an issue that will be fixed eventually or is this just the way things are now? Looking at the raw map data it's more about 40% of the Underworld is just missing, which normally wouldn't bug me, but the Underworld Shrine generates near the absolute bottom of the map (going off of past Calamity play throughs), unless that has been changed recently?

Here's what the map looks like, pretty sure the underworld didn't used to go below the end of the map (maybe my memory is fuzzy)

Calamity makes the map taller so it can generate planetoids full of stuff that you'd otherwise go underground for. I don't think this bug is getting fixed any time soon, but you ought to be fine without the Underworld Shrine, since the only unique thing in it is a weapon you can't use until post-Yharon anyway (unless your name is Sam). When the time comes, just use The Burning Sky or Dragon Rage instead.

Is there some kind of "builders workshop" map for this mod so i can try every weapon without having to grind it all?

Thanks in advance.

Hey so, I was playin some calamity today and uh, I couldn't craft my angel treads, I have all the materials and stuff for it, but whenever I go over to the mithril anvil, it doesn't appear for some reason. This is also happening with my drax as well. Could someone help?
Ty:pinky:

Is there some kind of "builders workshop" map for this mod so i can try every weapon without having to grind it all?

Thanks in advance.
Donno about that, but you'd have to get cheat sheet if you want to try everything, fair warning thou. There's ALOT of content.

Hey so, I was playin some calamity today and uh, I couldn't craft my angel treads, I have all the materials and stuff for it, but whenever I go over to the mithril anvil, it doesn't appear for some reason. This is also happening with my drax as well. Could someone help?
Ty:pinky:
That's strange, sounds like a mod conflict, try disabling some mods to see what the cause might be.

Hi, one question, is good a rogue damage build? im starting with calamity and i see that the mod include a new damage, and i want to build my character with this new damage.

Hi, one question, is good a rogue damage build? im starting with calamity and i see that the mod include a new damage, and i want to build my character with this new damage.
I'd wait 'til 1.4.2.002 is out. This update is going to expand this new class and add new unique mechanics to it.

Back
Top Bottom