tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me with an issue I've been having since yesterday. I just recently decided to download tModLoader two days ago and it worked perfectly. I even got to download(?) Calamity from the 'Mod Browser' thing from the main menu. That also worked normally. I tried launching Terraria yesterday but every time the game (not a world) starts to load it always freezes at "Initializing: CalamityMod (Fonts/HPBarFont.xnb)". Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 4.28.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 7.36.41 PM.png

Also, I play on a mac if that changes anything

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me with an issue I've been having since yesterday. I just recently decided to download tModLoader two days ago and it worked perfectly. I even got to download(?) Calamity from the 'Mod Browser' thing from the main menu. That also worked normally. I tried launching Terraria yesterday but every time the game (not a world) starts to load it always freezes at "Initializing: CalamityMod (Fonts/HPBarFont.xnb)". View attachment 222488 View attachment 222489

Also, I play on a mac if that changes anything
I play on a Mac as well and I have that happen occasionally, the only remedy I fond would be to go to /Users/*your username*/library/application support/terraria/modloader and delete the calamity mod from "mods." DIsabling calamity mod when ever you leave terraria is a good fix, even if it takes a bit, but I've never come across the freeze while reloading mods, only while booting Terraria up.

Love the mod, great work!

If somebody could answer this tho: in sulfur sea, even if I double the building block and put a back wall, the water keeps infiltering in my buildings somehow, what do?
Thx

Oh hi, the last time I made a post here I was talking about how much I liked the mod, but disliked the hit counter that was added to Supreme Calamitas. Needless to say, that was a while ago haha. I finally got back to playing Calamity and did a full playthrough. I just wanted to say that I was completely blown away by all of the incredible changes that the mod got. Calamity has always been on my list of favorite mods, and I considered it a great mod. After my most recent modded Terraria run, I think that Calamity has become a truly exceptional mod.

Right now I think that the balance is perfect. Fights like Supreme Calamitas and the Devourer of Gods are difficult, but not unreasonable. Calamity has started to feel less like Undertale (which is one of my favorite games, don't get me wrong) and more like Terraria again. What I mean by that, is that there's a better sense of progression. Crafting better gear sets you up for success, instead of a mandatory 'git gud' in order to succeed. In regards to Supreme Calamitas, I think that the removal of the hit counter was a good change, while making other tweaks to keep the fight difficult. Furthermore, all of the new modes do a great job of adding extra layers of difficulty for the hardcore players, and allowing some of the more casual ones to still feel like they can finish the mod.

Besides that, what has made this mod truly exceptional is all of the new music, sprites, and cinematics. If I had to compare this mod to other mods that I love, like Thorium, Calamity has really gone the extra mile when it comes to polish. Many of the sprites, boss fights, and music feels professional quality. One of my favorite items from my current playthrough was the Gaze of Crysthamyr. Being able to ride an awesome looking dragon is nothing short of badass.

As for the future, I look forward to seeing what the Calamity dev team does with this amazing mod. I'm not sure if I read too much into the dialogue, or misread it, but it sounded like there were plans to add more archmages like the cryomancer. It's things like that, which really get me excited. I think that the lore of Calamity is one of its best aspects, adding depth to the characters that you encounter and the bosses that you fight. Overall, I'm definitely looking forward to future playthroughs with Calamity and seeing what new content comes along. Cheers!

This joke is only relevant if someone's called DoG Devourer of Gays before.
Just gonna hide in a cosmilite bunker. Hopefully he can't find me in- OH SH...

Astolfo was slain...

I've been playing Calamity for the first time over the past couple of weeks. Considering that it's essentially a megamod, I've found the additional content to be exceptionally well integrated into the vanilla content. It has a coherent theme of sorts and is internally consistent, rather than taking the everything-and-the-kitchen-sink approach. The spriting and music are well done, so much so that the skill of the artists clearly matches or even exceeds the developers' in most cases; having said that, some of the sprites are so large/elaborate/different that they don't actually fit in with Terraria's simpler style. In fairness though, even Terraria's vanilla sprites grew fancier with each successive update.

All in all, it's one of the best mega/TC mods released for any game this side of the turn of the century. Well done, crew.

I do have an opinion to opine, though. Calamity changes summoner so that minions' damage is altered in real time, meaning that accessory-swapping is no longer desirable or helpful. That's fantastic. However, the Calamity wiki claims that, when holding a weapon other than a summon weapon, summon damage is reduced by 33%.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, this is essentially a double nerf to summoner: No more accessory swapping means you can't swap back to accessories that buff melee or magic without weakening minions; and reduced summon damage when holding weapons other than summon weapons means that you're weakened even further. This means you either have to rely only on minions, or use a heavily nerfed melee/magic/ranged weapon along with heavily nerfed minions.

My testing so far (post-Moon Lord) bears this out. Summoner in Calamity has absolutely terrible damage output compared to every other class when using weapons and armor of the same tier and with appropriate accessories, and of course is defensively the weakest also, relegating it to farming use only. I mean, I generally only used it for farming anyway, but I don't understand why it's been made even weaker than in vanilla.

Was the Mantis designed to behave like Mantis Traitors? Or is it just a coincidence that I'm getting Queen's Gardens flashbacks?

I forgot to add that I think the new biomes are very well done, especially the Abyss and Sunken Sea. They have a truly unique feel, and of course the Abyss offers a singular challenge that's different than any other biome. They add a lot of interest and exploration potential to the world without drastically overhauling it or taking anything away, while making water significantly more relevant to gameplay than in vanilla.

The Astral Infection biome is a nice counterpart to the Hallow... it's probably considered to be "bad" or "evil" given the lore on its Wiki entry; but then again, it's little comfort to know that a unicorn is pure of heart when it puts its horn through your spleen.

I've decided to build an organic, asymmetric megabase in the Sunken Sea, altering natural features as little as possible. It's going to be a huge challenge, because I've got to be very careful where and how I dig, and carefully chip away background walls leading to the places I'll actually turn into rooms.

hey guys, do u think master mode is going to be harder than revengence
Since it doesn't add new mechanics, that we know of, I would say no. And I think revengence also increases enemy hp and damage more than master mode will. Needless to say though, master + revengence mode will be pretty difficult.

Since it doesn't add new mechanics, that we know of, I would say no. And I think revengence also increases enemy hp and damage more than master mode will. Needless to say though, master + revengence mode will be pretty difficult.
Revengence is like one-hit-death mode

Back
Top Bottom