Cast Your Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really couldn't help but plant my face on my desk at the overall results. Okay, I can handle Terraria losing, even if it's to a (cringes) first person shooter and Skyrim, which, while I love, has it's success measured by it's modding scene. The rest of the awards however had me grumbling "players are a bunch of sheep" and they had simply followed behind the success of their hype. Other than Portal 2 and DOOM anyway, I would totally give Gladys a hug given a chance.

I really couldn't help but plant my face on my desk at the overall results. Okay, I can handle Terraria losing, even if it's to a (cringes) first person shooter and Skyrim, which, while I love, has it's success measured by it's modding scene. The rest of the awards however had me grumbling "players are a bunch of sheep" and they had simply followed behind the success of their hype. Other than Portal 2 and DOOM anyway, I would totally give Gladys a hug given a chance.
GLaDOS wasn't the villain for a large portion of that game, though. I suppose it was at least a third of the game, so I guess you could say they were a villain. I think the winners kind of sucked, but at least the nominees made sense.

Yeah, though at least it was the only nominee in its categories that wasn't AAA. That's quite an achievement. I think a bigger injustice is Gmod not winning the "Game within a game" award. I mean, I understand why GTA 5 would be nominated for it, but I think the fact that Gmod has several hundreds of game modes, a very diverse sandbox mode, and a modding API better than any I've seen elsewhere really speaks for itself.
GTA 5 only won because of the kids, believe it or not. Have you it's multiplayer? It's garbage, everything is FFA in it

It's a shame that Terraria didn't end up winning any awards this time, but I'm still happy it was nominated for not just one, but two Steam awards. That itself is great :) Then again, the game was up against some other pretty good and popular games. Hopefully, Terraria will win something in the next awards, but as I said, it's still pretty cool it was nominated out of all of the games. I don't have anything else to really say about the other nominees, nor have I played any of them, but I'm sure the winners deserved to come out on top (even though Terraria is pretty awesome :D).

GTA 5 only won because of the kids, believe it or not. Have you it's multiplayer? It's garbage, everything is FFA in it
True, that's another big problem. Some fanbases really suck, and will just vote a game for an award because they like it. I mean, I can understand it influencing you a little bit, but there are people who aren't all children (but mostly are) who'll just vote completely based on which game they like.

Is the grappling mechanic for otherworld the one from the game worms? If yes I'm a god at the ninja rope so prepare for sone grappling madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom