tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

With this mod, I can't run more than 25 mods and I have to get rid of one major content mod. Without it I can go up to 40 including Thorium, Tremor, Calamity, Spirit and even sacred tools.

Not sure why this mod has such an enormous footprint.

Most (if not all) of these issues mentioned in above recent posts aren't being caused by this mod, but are a symptom of tModloader's limitations and/or Terraria being a weak little 32-bit game.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. Yes Terrraria is a 32 bit game and thus is memory limited. However, currently I am running 45 mods (minus this one) and all seems fine. Why, then does this mod reduce my mod limit to around 25? It's strange and disheartening because this mod has some amazing content.

Then I'll rephrase -- this mod does technically contribute to your problems, which is due to having even less memory available in the game. But it's still ultimately a symptom of a bigger problem. It's getting more difficult for anyone to run all those big content mods together, along with this mod, in addition to many smaller ones anymore.

And with each content update Terraria gets, causing further and further strain on resources, Re-Logic really needs to reconsider making a 64-bit executable for Windows. Otherwise, modding will only get more difficult.

Then I'll rephrase -- this mod does technically contribute to your problems, which is due to having even less memory available in the game. But it's still ultimately a symptom of a bigger problem. It's getting more difficult for anyone to run all those big content mods together, along with this mod, in addition to many smaller ones anymore.

And with each content update Terraria gets, causing further and further strain on resources, Re-Logic really needs to reconsider making a 64-bit executable for Windows. Otherwise, modding will only get more difficult.

That I can agree with. I suppose it stems from the fact that terraria wasn't really designed with modding in mind..

That I can agree with. I suppose it stems from the fact that terraria wasn't really designed with modding in mind..
at least the devs, unlike another certain developer, are open towards the community. Hopefully the two will sort this out together

I'm getting an error on startup.
In the output log, it says this:

The type initializer for 'chadsfurni.handleother' threw an exception.
at chadsfurni.Items.makePlacings.SetDefaults(Item item)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at chadsfurni.handleother..cctor()

What exactly do I do to fix this?

~-~V1.4.0.3 is out now!~-~
This time hopefully finally actually addressing the memory issues the mod has been causing.
The file can be found in the OP and in the mod browser. Please do share your experiences with it, so that I can know if it works. I'm sorry I've caused so many issues, I hope to make it up to everyone with some actual new content as soon as I know for sure the problems have been fixed.
The rabbit hole tile will not actually spawn a rabbit in this update, this will be changed in the next patch.

I love those Inaction Figures. Is it possible that you could make some that Tie in with other mods (EG, Calamity, Thorium, Etc)?
I love that idea and I am planning on doing that at some point in the future, but as this mod (at the moment) is just a solo project, other things not reliant on other mods take priority. It's definitely on my to-do list, though!
Suggestion: Fireplaces and chimneys for all the furniture sets
That's a really nice idea! I'm surprised I've never even considered that an option. Added to the to-do list!
With this mod, I can't run more than 25 mods and I have to get rid of one major content mod. Without it I can go up to 40 including Thorium, Tremor, Calamity, Spirit and even sacred tools.
Not sure why this mod has such an enormous footprint.
The mod accidentally had too little restrictions on its memory usage, though this should be fixed now.
are you ever going to actually fix the crashing problem
yes
Ah, ok. The issue is that it still doesn't start even if I remove the mod.
Does it say the exact same thing? You could check the file enabled.json at [Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods], and if it says chadsfurni in the list remove that.

I don't know if you meant to address it in this update, but animations are still frozen in multiplayer. It actually includes all animations in mod-added furniture. Clocks, soup, birds, rabbits...more I'm forgetting.

I love that idea and I am planning on doing that at some point in the future, but as this mod (at the moment) is just a solo project, other things not reliant on other mods take priority. It's definitely on my to-do list, though!
Right, but hypothetically speaking, if someone else did the graphics for you, it'd be a lot simpler to just kinda slide them in? :p

Oh, or is the real effort here the creation of a "patch" of some sort? Unless they were already in the mod even without the other source mods installed. Eh. I don't think there'd be much to stop any other mod author from saying "Oh, you're putting statues of my work into your mod? That's really flattering, and is good publicity. Please, don't hold back on my account!"

Thanks for the patch! ^_^

This time hopefully finally actually addressing the memory issues the mod has been causing.
The file can be found in the OP and in the mod browser. Please do share your experiences with it, so that I can know if it works. I'm sorry I've caused so many issues, I hope to make it up to everyone with some actual new content as soon as I know for sure the problems have been fixed.
The rabbit hole tile will not actually spawn a rabbit in this update, this will be changed in the next patch.
The mod accidentally had too little restrictions on its memory usage, though this should be fixed now.
I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot on a singleplayer world for a bit. I won't be able to play much, and my system was reasonably high end within the last three or four years, though, so I can't promise I'd be a good test case for ongoing memory issues.

That's a really cool idea! I could do that, yeah. In the meantime, have you tried using waterfall walls for the water one?
I have tried waterfall blocks. The issue there is that the water is falling, so when it's in the ocean, it simply looks like the water is calm until it touches the dome, at which point it starts flowing around it. I know that blocks can be placed over liquids, and it looks awesome. But liquid that occupies the same space as a block or wall is deleted when the world is saved and reloaded, so it's not practical to rebuild the dome every time I play.

For the non-liquid glass-pressed versions walls, I wondered if it might be easier from a modding perspective to make a glass-block-appearance paint? If "texture paints" can be applied instead of just palette changing, that would likely be a little more flexible than making dirt, tree, or three different kinds of glass-pressed cloud blocks on an individual request basis, but I'm not sure it works like that.

I'm afraid I'm a poor guest and have come with another pair of requests. I recently wanted to build a pyramid (in the style of those generated by the game) out of coralstone buried in the ocean sand, but there are no coralstone background walls. I understand that coralstone appears to be unpopular and not a well-liked block based on posts on the forum, but I was wondering if you might make a coralstone background wall, and maybe a pillar or door for these derelict monoliths built by ancient fishron worshippers?

Last idea seed: I'm very eager to acquire these inaction figures. I was looking at the images of them again a few days ago, and they reminded me of target dummies. I was wondering if they can be hit like target dummies, and if so, can they be made to have the particular boss' defense stat rather than the target dummy's 0 defense?

H

That's a really nice idea! I'm surprised I've never even considered that an option. Added to the to-do list!

yes

Does it say the exact same thing? You could check the file enabled.json at [Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods], and if it says chadsfurni in the list remove that.

Just make sure to make it so that only the DoG’s phase 2 drops the figure. I can kill the first phase no problem, but the second phase kills me all the time, so if the first phase does drop the figure, i’ll Have like 40 of them before I kill the DoG. :T

360ChadScope, it is displaying the same message as it does when the mod is installed.
EDIT: Also, when I installed the latest version, I still got the same message.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom