Other Character Creation/Editing Improvments

Yvori

Terrarian
One thing that's always bothered me since the new sliders were added for character creation is the lack of numerical values you can use for reference.
I propose two ways to fix this (for some minor and for others extremely aggravating) annoyance:
-Add numerical readouts beside the bars.
-Allow direct input of RGH/HSV/Hex values in creation.

And another suggestion I have is for a new NPC, or alternatively just changing the Hair Stylist to this:
"Makeover Artist" or something:
-Allows changing of all appearance options, including eye and skin color. We already have the ability to change gender via a potion, hair style and color, and clothing options. Why not everything?

Random idea I actually just came up with while writing this: Voice options when making a character. If not completely different voices, then pitch alteration... Hopefully of the variety that doesn't make everything sound robotic and awful.

On a semi-related topic, perhaps an icon similar to those on accessory slots that allows one to show/hide an armor effect at will? Armor effects being like the Necro/Ninja's afterimage or Adamantium's pulsing. This would let people turn them on even if vanity is covering the armor, or turn it off without using vanity.

And on a final side note can we maybe at some point get the long-coat clothing sytle option for females? Long coats are great.
Edit: We did it, Terraria! Longcoat Style for Females is go in 1.3.1!

Wow, this spiralled out of control from the first idea quickly.

Last edited:
I agree, there should be a way to edit your character appearance (I would also add name changing to this list) without using character editors.

Edit: It would also be good to have an option to disable armor effects. I never actually made beetle armor because of beetles. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate beetles, they just don't look right with most vanity sets.
And so is Solar Flare shield. With Solar Flare armor without vanity covering it - it looks good. With vanity? Not really.

Last edited:
They made so many additions to character options in 1.3...... but we still don't have name changes, and we still don't have the ability to change character looks. :(

anyway, support

Back
Top Bottom