tModLoader Cheeze's Content Pack

v1.1.1.3 - Happy late new year!
Fixed certain monsters spawning wrongly on the Y axis. I.E. Spawning in hell while they shouldn't.
Added a new recipe for Money Through if Thorium Mod is enabled.
Changed Molten Eye (which now spawns correctly) to only appear after defeating EoW/BoC.
Changed Dragon Eye to only appear after defeating EoC.
Overal Reduced Spawnrate of most monsters in the mod.
Revisited a lot of old sprites that were below par.
spoilers for new content ?

Okay, having used this mod, can I just say, the pulse rifle and vaporizer are both... really underwhelming, especially compared to all of the others. For the fire rate to be so slow, shouldn't they have way higher damage output?

After looking into it I see that their damage is a bit on the low side of things. Fixed for the next patch.
:D Thanks! In the source game, the Vaporizer is mainly a boss killer that has stupid high damage to single target, but I guess that's too similar to the current sniper rifle, huh?

If I may make another suggestion, have you considered changing the Blitz Gun's firing sound? The one it uses now is really wimpy and doesn't fit at all - maybe the shotgun's firing sound would fit better.

Is there a reason that the Chopper and upgrades can only fire normal Shurikens? Not even Star Anises, which are another vanilla shuriken type.
On a related note, I've been quite impressed with the Bomb Glove's compatibility - I've yet to find a grenade, vanilla or otherwise, that it can't use.

If I may make another suggestion, have you considered changing the Blitz Gun's firing sound? The one it uses now is really wimpy and doesn't fit at all - maybe the shotgun's firing sound would fit better.
Very true, will look into it.
Is there a reason that the Chopper and upgrades can only fire normal Shurikens? Not even Star Anises, which are another vanilla shuriken type.
On a related note, I've been quite impressed with the Bomb Glove's compatibility - I've yet to find a grenade, vanilla or otherwise, that it can't use.
Haha, I didn't notice the Star Anise were also considered Shurikens. As for ammo types related to shuriken and grenades, I have to manually implement each item that would be considered ammo. Might be incompatible with the Infinite Ammo mod which add infinite grenades etc.

Haha, I didn't notice the Star Anise were also considered Shurikens. As for ammo types related to shuriken and grenades, I have to manually implement each item that would be considered ammo. Might be incompatible with the Infinite Ammo mod which add infinite grenades etc.
Really? The Bomb Glove worked with Crystilium's Crystal Grenades. Any idea why it would do that if they weren't predefined? (Unless they were predefined)
If that's the case, would it be possible to make the Chopper compatible with Thorium's shurikens (Sea Ninja-Stars and Bugenkai Shurikens)? I've never done anything modding-related so I don't know how hard it is to implement new ammo for a weapon, let alone ammo from other mods, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Also, is there a way to alter the position and size of a weapon in use? The Bomb Glove looks really awkward just held out like that rather than the bomb coming from the hand like the name "glove" would imply.

Really? The Bomb Glove worked with Crystilium's Crystal Grenades. Any idea why it would do that if they weren't predefined? (Unless they were predefined)
If that's the case, would it be possible to make the Chopper compatible with Thorium's shurikens (Sea Ninja-Stars and Bugenkai Shurikens)? I've never done anything modding-related so I don't know how hard it is to implement new ammo for a weapon, let alone ammo from other mods, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Also, is there a way to alter the position and size of a weapon in use? The Bomb Glove looks really awkward just held out like that rather than the bomb coming from the hand like the name "glove" would imply.
That might be because Crystillium defined their own bomb types as ammo. Once Items have been defined as an ammo for either the Grenade or Shuriken Projectiles. As far as the animation goes, I could completely hide the Glove but that would feel weird as well I think.

That might be because Crystillium defined their own bomb types as ammo. Once Items have been defined as an ammo for either the Grenade or Shuriken Projectiles. As far as the animation goes, I could completely hide the Glove but that would feel weird as well I think.
So shrinking the glove during the animation isn't an option, then?

I'm sorry if I'm being a pest by just posting complaints/criticism repeatedly like this...

Is it just me or is the Mini-Nuke spectacularly overpowered? I don't think I'm supposed to be able to effortlessly kill groups of 50+ enemies by just clinging to a wall and firing a couple of shots into the crowd (my HP is so low because I was trying not to resort to the Mini Nuke at first). Considering the blast radius's size and lack of self-damage, having a base power of 67 is kinda insane. That's something I'd expect to get partway into hardmode, not as soon as I reach Hell. If anything, that would make more sense for the Vaporizer to have that much damage, given its status as a sniper rifle. I think maybe the Mini-Nuke needs a third tier with its current stats, and the Gravity Bomb's stats should be given to the Mini Nuke, with a nerf to the Gravity Bomb to accommodate. This is just my two cents, maybe I'm entirely wrong in my assessment of the situation.

What is the Guardian Ambidextrous Axe trying to accomplish? Is it meant for combat or utility? By the time you get it, it's outclassed in both fields, entirely because it takes upwards of a full second to swing. I think that either it needs way more damage to be worth using as a weapon (it has a lower base than the Mini Nuke, even!), the ability to chop down trees in one chop to be worth using as an axe, or a less severely slow speed to be better at both. With a melee-oriented armor set, I can oneshot two zombies with the Blitz Cannon in the same amount of time it takes to swing the axe once and fail to oneshot either of them. This isn't hyperbole, this is an actual example from gameplay.

I'm sorry if I'm being a pest by just posting complaints/criticism repeatedly like this...

Is it just me or is the Mini-Nuke spectacularly overpowered? I don't think I'm supposed to be able to effortlessly kill groups of 50+ enemies by just clinging to a wall and firing a couple of shots into the crowd (my HP is so low because I was trying not to resort to the Mini Nuke at first). Considering the blast radius's size and lack of self-damage, having a base power of 67 is kinda insane. That's something I'd expect to get partway into hardmode, not as soon as I reach Hell. If anything, that would make more sense for the Vaporizer to have that much damage, given its status as a sniper rifle. I think maybe the Mini-Nuke needs a third tier with its current stats, and the Gravity Bomb's stats should be given to the Mini Nuke, with a nerf to the Gravity Bomb to accommodate. This is just my two cents, maybe I'm entirely wrong in my assessment of the situation.

What is the Guardian Ambidextrous Axe trying to accomplish? Is it meant for combat or utility? By the time you get it, it's outclassed in both fields, entirely because it takes upwards of a full second to swing. I think that either it needs way more damage to be worth using as a weapon (it has a lower base than the Mini Nuke, even!), the ability to chop down trees in one chop to be worth using as an axe, or a less severely slow speed to be better at both. With a melee-oriented armor set, I can oneshot two zombies with the Blitz Cannon in the same amount of time it takes to swing the axe once and fail to oneshot either of them. This isn't hyperbole, this is an actual example from gameplay.
No, I thank you for your feedback, it's great to have a player feedback, this way I have a valuable way to know what's too weak or too strong.

I think this mod is going a nice direction. Although I have a question, are you planning to add more overwatch weapons, because I think the overwatch weapons are cool, but only two exist and I would love to see more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom