Paintings/Trophies
Furniture
Fishing Poles/Rewards
Fished Items
Baits and Crates
Quest Fish
Raw Ores/Gems
Ore Bars

I feel as if I still need some more categories, as I don't know where to put rope, torches, Bee Wax, Bunnies, books, stuff likes that, so I need some more category suggestions. I also don't know how my Chest Room(s) should look, so I'd like some suggestions on that, too(I'm going with the Dynasty Theme). Thanks!

A Materials category and Exploration category for those maybe?

Critters too if you feel you need to be that meticulous.

I recommend that you split your banners into:

Normal Mob Banners.
Banners dropped in events.
Other Banners.

I am late game and I find that to be useful to have.

Might split the furniture to types of furniture, as that will fill a few chests; especially if you tend to craft a lot of them just to have in case. Like Furniture drops, crafted, chest loot, and mined.

Also maybe having one for costumes, as that builds up. Unless you like using mannequins for them, but I am suggesting for extras or single extra you want to keep.

Could have a builder item chest for all those building accessories, table, and wands.

Obviously my obove suggestions are mainly based on my own packrat habits, and only if you really want to separate certain things even further. :dryadsmile:

If you're using storage during a playthrough (rather than just making a storage world) then some ideas for you...

1) Dump items in chests by tier. e.g. Your shuriken, spear, wooden boomerang, etc. go in a chest. Your next chest might be corruption gear, including blocks and furniture and statues related to that biome. Each biome has its own chests to so you can use the chest type to see instantly what might be in there. You can have pre-hardmode chests on one level and hardmode chests above them. This can be more useful when playing than organising items by type (e.g. melee, tools, ores, etc) as you will rarely need to go back into older chests - less chest searching: better time spent.

2) If you're into alchemy then dump ingredients with their respective potions. e.g. Daybloom, Iron Ore, Bottled Water, Ironskin Potion. This makes it easy to see the recipes, so you don't have to remember them or constantly ask the guide for the gazillion potions in the game.

Maybe look up how many of some of those categories you'll end up finding. There really arent an entire chest's worth of summoner weapons, or different kinds of wood unless you include platforms, fences, and walls. Same with picks, drills, hammers, and axes, unless you're getting every one and keeping them all. Fishing rewards and items are usually either accessories or weapons.

On the other hand, you're going to want many multiple chests for banners, any category of weapon, armor, outfits, statues, paintings, dyes, and paint. Furniture quickly gets completely out of hand as well, especially if you don't split lights into a separate group of chests. Splitting plants and seeds up is also recommended, especially if you're putting other potion ingredients with them. Also, there's no consideration for tools other than hammers, saws and picks, such the bone wand, sponge, or actuation rod. There's no place to put boss summoning items, life fruit, food, biome keys, voodoo dolls, vile powder, elder crystals, living flames, rope, strange plants, green solution, mounts, pets, shadow keys, shadow chests, buckets of lava, confetti, gold bunnies, goodie bags, or fallen stars.

Also I'm assuming you're storing all clothes and armor on mannequins, but keep in mind that many hats don't come with outfits, and vice versa. Also cloaks and capes are a thing.

Hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha, I don't organize lol, my chest look like garbage....
I tried, tried organization in early prehardmode, didn't work when I got into hardmode

I also did some type of storage system with round about 80-90 categories.

Furthermore for some stuff you need more than one chest.

e.g. there are 258 different banners from enemies. That would be 7 chests. If you use different chests for normal and event banners it would be 5 normal and 3 event (so 8). There are also decorative banners, they fit in one chest. So in total you need at least 8 (or 9 with event) chests for banners.

There are also many statues. One category could be statues which can be connected with wires ( 41 total but critters are quite
useless) , decorative, and crafted.

rope, torches, Bee Wax, Bunnies, books
For torches I have a chest for light you can hold in your hand. But I also have some stuff in more than one chest. So I also have a "Daily usage" chest. This includes ropes, normal torches, some healing potions, ...
Bee Wax is in a chest for organic material which isn't used for potions. There is also an unorganic/dead material chest. Bunnies would also fit in organic material but you could also make a critter chest. Book are a bit hard to decide if they are organic or dead but it would fit in one of them. Other stuff which fits in those chests: stars, heart crystals, life fruits, crystals, bottle, chain, mug, silk, jungle spores, vine, hook, ...

I also have more than one category for each weapon type:
Melee: throwable (like Boomerang), throwable with chain (like Flails), yoyo, swing (sword), stab (spear), other (vampires knives)
Ranged: chest according to the ammo the weapon uses

I also have a chest for each event and boss (with multiple drops).
and many many more.

also don't know how my Chest Room(s) should look
I did some post about a small base structure:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...ture-for-a-base-post-your-base-in-here.44990/
(it doesn't look that good, its only about the structure aimed to quick-stack many chests and short ways to NPC, free for optimization)

and if you want to build some small flats:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...position-validation-might-work-1-3-3-3.50277/
(how flat validation might work)

Thats exactly what i did EXCEPT...

My weapons, tools, ammo, armor etc are in a different section (the armory)
I went a little more specific with the chests and I left blank chests in between categories for new items i dont have yet
Separated categories by using different kinds of chests. IE, potions in a shadow chest, ores/bars etc are in water chests, consumables in gold.. you get the point. That makes finding everything much easier.

Back
Top Bottom