tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
The no-monster spawning bug and NPCs not spawning is definitely from this mod, sadly :/ I updated this mod shortly after starting up my Terraria, and loaded up my world only to find all my NPCs gone with no monsters spawning. I don't use Cheat Sheet, and I disabled, enabled, and reloaded all my mods individually, one by one. It seems that only this mod causes these problems. RIP :c
Thats weird, I had these problems on a multiplayer server and then once I updated everything was back to normal.

So, I have no idea what's happening, but I added this mod and now, absolutely no enemies are spawning whatsoever, even with spawn rate set to THIRTY TIMES (Cheat Sheet), and there is this recurring problem where if I use the last item in a stack with my inventory open, my selected item becomes stuck on the empty slot. I am unable to interact with any items whatsoever except more of the last item I used (ex: Recall Potion. used one, couldn't do anything but pick up more Recall Potions) and once I've picked up another of whatever item, I can't put it down. Leaving and rejoining the world fixes this, but it's happened twice within ten minutes.

EDIT: Oh, also, the Guide died, and when the message that he had respawned appeared in the chat, he didn't actually respawn anywhere.

Further NPC testing with Cheat Sheet: nothing spawns whatsoever. Tried spam-clicking several town NPCs, nothing. Eye of Cthulhu, nothing. Skeletron, saw the arms (but no hands or head) flicker into existence for a frame or so, then gone. What the hell.

The no-monster spawning bug and NPCs not spawning is definitely from this mod, sadly :/ I updated this mod shortly after starting up my Terraria, and loaded up my world only to find all my NPCs gone with no monsters spawning. I don't use Cheat Sheet, and I disabled, enabled, and reloaded all my mods individually, one by one. It seems that only this mod causes these problems. RIP :c

How long have you been seeing these issues? Did they begin after you updated tModLoader to .8.2.1? If this is the case, I think the bugs will be fixed simply by building this for the latest version. Some GlobalItem and NPCInfo things have been changed, and using any mod not up to date that modifies these (which this one does) could be causing the exact issues you describe. Hopefully, this is all there is to it.

Edit: I've updated the mod to the latest version. Let me know if you're still having issues after ensuring both this and tModLoader are up to date.

Last edited:
Soulbound is completely broken.. Active ability doesn't work propperly, all ranged minions can be summoned unlimited of, and shoot projectiles 2 inches(includes base game summons)
Really hope this is fixed so i can play pokemo- i mean soulbound again!

Soulbound is completely broken.. Active ability doesn't work propperly, all ranged minions can be summoned unlimited of, and shoot projectiles 2 inches(includes base game summons)
Really hope this is fixed so i can play pokemo- i mean soulbound again!
It's good to report bugs, but please be more specific than this. Under what circumstances precisely do things go wrong? I need to be able to reproduce it if I'm to fix it.

It's good to report bugs, but please be more specific than this. Under what circumstances precisely do things go wrong? I need to be able to reproduce it if I'm to fix it.
All the time. The ability does nothing, other than give the curse and cooldown. Every single minion ive tested (aside from the slime, possibly due to being melee) summons unlimited copies, which fire once, then die, leaving 1 summon.
Not sure how this is not reproduceable, it's everything there is to the class.

All the time. The ability does nothing, other than give the curse and cooldown. Every single minion ive tested (aside from the slime, possibly due to being melee) summons unlimited copies, which fire once, then die, leaving 1 summon.
Not sure how this is not reproduceable, it's everything there is to the class.
Single player or multiplayer?

Both
Just had my friend test with his game. Same exact thing.
I'm still not having any issues where I have unlimited summons, nor is anything disappearing - however, there was a bug with the active where it was almost never doubling speed, which I've fixed for the next patch.

I can imagine there being an unlimited summon issue for mod minions, if they're coded such that projectile.netUpdate is always true. However, none of the vanilla minions are like that - it's set for a single tick when they initiate an attack, which is when I have to ensure the minion takes up 0 slots or it disappears.

I'm going to put up an update shortly just to make sure you're using the same code I am, to see if you're somehow still having the issue while I'm not. In the meantime, be sure that when testing, this is the only mod active.

I'm still not having any issues where I have unlimited summons, nor is anything disappearing - however, there was a bug with the active where it was almost never doubling speed, which I've fixed for the next patch.

I can imagine there being an unlimited summon issue for mod minions, if they're coded such that projectile.netUpdate is always true. However, none of the vanilla minions are like that - it's set for a single tick when they initiate an attack, which is when I have to ensure the minion takes up 0 slots or it disappears.

I'm going to put up an update shortly just to make sure you're using the same code I am, to see if you're somehow still having the issue while I'm not. In the meantime, be sure that when testing, this is the only mod active.
Thanks for the respons! I'll wait for that code update, then repeat my testing. Hope to have it working again soon, I'm loving this mod !

Updated. Please ensure your tModLoader is ver 0.8.2.1, as well.
I'm not sure what to do anymore though. I just reinstalled the game, made sure the modloader and mod where up to date, made a new character and it still persists. The active ability seems to work now, but i can still summon unlimited imps, but only 1 slime(which replaces the imps. Slime is limited to 1 minion).
Is there anything I can do to give you more info? It seems really strange

I'm not sure what to do anymore though. I just reinstalled the game, made sure the modloader and mod where up to date, made a new character and it still persists. The active ability seems to work now, but i can still summon unlimited imps, but only 1 slime(which replaces the imps. Slime is limited to 1 minion).
Try getting a debug item, I believe it's the Void Contract, from Cheat Sheet. Upon resetting your class to Soulbound, try all the stuff again. Best though I got.

Well, I suppose I have some good news. I can replicate the issue with the imp staff, and only the imp staff. Is this true on your end as well? I have tested every vanilla summoning item.

Edit: use this for reference

Well, I suppose I have some good news. I can replicate the issue with the imp staff, and only the imp staff. Is this true on your end as well? I have tested every vanilla summoning item.

Edit: use this for reference
It seems we finally have the same game running! Thank you so much for your help! Imp is broken, but everything else works again. I can go back to hornets for now. Thanks!

I have a problem, my friend cannot see my special abilities or my wings on any winged classes and he also seems to teleport to places not walk it's quite laggy. Also i cannot see his special abilities but they do work as mobs take damage ect.

A remake of a previously mentioned class as well as a new class idea.

Phantom/Spectre Class

The remake of the Spirit/Ghost class. Innate Spectre Wings which upgrade with level but do not reach the max flight time of other flying classes.

Special causes the player to treat certain types of block as they were actuated even if they are solid. The types of blocks subjected to the ability and the duration extend with level ups.

Ex:
Start: woods
EoC: Soft Ground (Dirt/Clay/Sand)
EoW/BoC: Rock/Stone (Ebonstone/Crimstone)
Skeletron: Bricks (except Lihzahrd Bricks)
WoF: Ash
Etc...

Glitch Class

The class is a weird one. It starta with a 50% reduction to everything and doesnt gain it back ever.

Instead, his Special makes him unstable causing an ever growing array of effects on him randomly on intervals of time. This can range from increased regen, massive damage, random statuses, zero defense, etc.

Edit: thought of another one soon after.

Jeweler/Treasure Hunter Class

This is a magic based class that specializes in mining for jewels and gems to use as the cost for its Special.

Its special is the attack of the Gem staves, only stronger and continously grows stronger with progression. In exchange, using the special consumes (1) of the first Gem in your inventory. The damage is also subjected to the type of gem: with Amethyst and Topaz dealing around a third or fourth of the damage of Ruby Diamond and Amber.

This class requires resources to continue playing correctly, thus the player is forced to collect gems and keep them on hin throughout his journey and even judge when to switch the gem in front in order to not waste good gems on weak monsters.

Another detail that could be applied are bonuses obtained when carrying Large Gems. Due to the risks of losing the gems when dying, the bonuses can be freely decided.

Starting items: Topaz Staff, Amethyst x10, Extractinator

Last edited:
Jeweler/Treasure Hunter Class

This is a magic based class that specializes in mining for jewels and gems to use as the cost for its Special.

Its special is the attack of the Gem staves, only stronger and continously grows stronger with progression. In exchange, using the special consumes (1) of the first Gem in your inventory. The damage is also subjected to the type of gem: with Amethyst and Topaz dealing around a third or fourth of the damage of Ruby Diamond and Amber.

This class requires resources to continue playing correctly, thus the player is forced to collect gems and keep them on hin throughout his journey and even judge when to switch the gem in front in order to not waste good gems on weak monsters.

Another detail that could be applied are bonuses obtained when carrying Large Gems. Due to the risks of losing the gems when dying, the bonuses can be freely decided.

Starting items: Topaz Staff, Amethyst x10, Extractinator
Actually if we could take that and add in some terrain effects to make a Geomancer class I would never play anything else ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom