tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then... how about adding a simple additional material to various contracts such as wood, stone, clay, mud and dirt to divide the available contracts and make it easier to browse in the crafting panel?
Really think that would only add confusion, since people would need to check with the guide or have all the components in inventory to guarantee that they could even craft the contract they want. I honestly don't think there's much of an issue with crafting a contract at the start, since it only happens once and everything is sorted alphabetically.
Here I go...
:zombie:

Treant Class

A class specialized in plant life. Basic stats are mostly lowered with abnormal regenerstion.

A special ability to increase the yield of wood, herbs and seeds when harvesting plants.

Special ability summons plant bulbs to the location which bloom and release spores. The effect of the spores and the number of bulbs summoned increase with progression.

Starting items: Staff of Regrowth

Collector Class

A class specialized in the collection of critters with the bug net.

He has a unique ability that changes all spawns in the area to passive mobs for a limited time, allowing the player to simply go around capturing critters all day and night.

Due to the total passive nature of the class, the special effect should be without cooldown.

Alternatively, having the town npc effect wherever the player is located is an alternatively. In which case the Special can be an attack that strengthens with the number of critters in your inventory or piggy bank if you can manage to see how the shops detect money in that inventory.

Vulcan Class

A class tailored to the heat of lava. It gains bonuses when on lava and in the underworld, but has inmense demerits during rain, in snow biomes as well as taking increased drowning damage in water just by being in contact with water.

An interesting option is making him recover health when burnt instead of taking damage.

His special ability launches a lava bomb towards the cursor that deals masdive damage and drops a block of lava upon colliding.

Racial Hunter Classes

These are a group of classes with bonuses tailored to defeat particular kinds of enemies.

Types of enemies may include: Undead, Beast, Evil, Insect, Plant, Inorganic, etc...

Examples of such taylored skills are:
A special that stops flying enemies in place for a few seconds or brings them down to the ground.
A special that temporarily dtops enemy defense to zero.
A special that prevents projectile attacks.
Etc...

Due to the innate specialization of such classes, they are meant to be used in coordination with other players/classes to cover weaknesses.

Titan/Gigant Class

A class that is based on the special once again. The special transforms the player into a giant roughly the size of an Ice Golem and allow the player to deal large contact damage to enemies. However, it disables all weapons and tools during the effect and even afterwards. The player can still use Potions though.

While in effect, Boss-like stats with increased effect with progression.

This class is for those who want to brute force their way through the game as well as for multiplayer war strategies.

Connosour/Glutton Class

A code heavy class. Replaces health bar with a Yellow Hunger bar.

Taking damage will increase the Hunger bar depending on the damage taken. Hunger bar also increases at a definite rate (1 per 30 sec). If Hunger Bar reaches max, the player dies of Hunger.

Drinking Potions and eating food greatly lower the Hunger Bar. On the other hand, killing an enemy slightly lowers hunger (ate the enemy).

Max Hunger increases with progression, Life Crystals and Life Fruits will have no effect on the player.

Special can be something that allows him to gain power to fight bosses, but massively increases Hunger Rate to 1 per second. Effect and cost increasing with progression as well.

A survival-styled class with every day being a fight for food and survival. For the hardcore.

Juggler Class

A class that seeks a bit of randomness. Usually, the class is full of negatives to everything. However once the ability is activated, all damage types increase by quite an ammount!

The catch? Every time you click your mouse and the character completes an action, the held item in the hotbar switches randomly!

By this I mean you could be shooting with a crossbow on 7, and switch to swinging a sword on 3, then launch a spell on 2, shoot a gun on 5, stab with a spear on 9, launch a boomerang on 1, etc...

Quite a fun class to mess around with snd test your luck! Its also an enamoring class for those who use a lot of types of weapons!

Fufufufufu...

Juggler is the most interesting idea in here. Definitely fun, though there would be ways around the inconvenience it would cause (fill up the hotbar with the same weapon/type, ex. all autofire guns). I wouldn't try to implement it as is, but there's potential in it.

I've seen somthing similar to this on terraria online, though not as big
Care to link it?

Maybe, if I can find it
[doublepost=1466786294,1466786177][/doublepost]
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/mp-supported-holoraces-races-on-terraria.93469/ @Hiccup251
Ah, was wondering if this was what you were talking about. Yorai was truly a wizard. Sometimes I wish he was still active in the scene - and then I remember that he's responsible for a huge portion of the updates we've seen in vanilla Terraria recently. RtR was much more polished than anything I've put out (and more creative, and with more gameplay depth...) but I hope to make up for at least some of that gap with variety in roleplaying styles. Needless to say, this was one of my inspirations in making this mod.

Forgot one last class when I wrote that...

Duelist Class

The class makes use of multiple weapons with a delay. More specifically, it will use the item below the one you use.

Ex: Use a sword in hotbar 1, 0.5 sec into the animation you use the spear right below in the second row of the inventory.

This ability can also develop in hardmode allowing the item in the third row to also be used (Tripple wield).

This class can be nerfed by reducing the damage of offhand weapons by 50%.

I haz idea for class.

You know the phrase "jack of all trades, master of none"? Well how about a unique twist on it "jack of no trades, master of none"?

A class, who gets negatives in all stats, of 10%-5% decreased stats that can be set that way, decreased defense, blah blah blah. You get the point. Maybe a max summon decrease, even.

That probably makes you think "well than, wouldn't that class just be horrible?" The answer to that, is maybe. Could the class be amazing? The answer to that, is maybe.

So what is this class than? What reason should it have to be negatives in stats? I don't know a name for it, but the reason it should have negatives is because it's an interesting idea to have a class with negatives. And the explanation... Starts NOW!

Well, as already explained, this class has horrid stats. So horrid, that they smell! Of horridness! So therefore, there's gotta be something special that this class does, right? Hmm, maybe. Maybe. You see, this class is like any ordinary person in the real world. Most of them, are to weak to survive Terraria. Therefore, they'd have to win it some other way, right? So, instead of being like any normal class, where you could just go and "kill everything with ease", you have to use strategy, maybe make the stats so low that you literally DO need strategy, because 10%-5% means it's not to big a deal. Since this class is gonna rely on strategy instead of power, it's gotta have a strategic ability. You see, now you have control of the arrow keys, always! What type of control do you have with arrow keys? Upon typing a key direction, suddenly all mobs think your in that direction! Press down arrow key, and mobs, including bosses, will think your down, instead of where you actually are! Well, as you can imagine, using this could make many a boss easier. Could. You see, the problem is that, humans don't have three hands! They have to stop attacking, or stop moving to use it. Also, I assume if you do the directions against wall of flesh, it'd do the thing wall of flesh does. Oh well. I mean, you could use your feet, but that's complicated to do. However, the true beauty of the class is that, you could just not use that ability! You could, say, pick that class in expert mod, and voila! Super expert mode achieved, since you have decreased stats in all stats!

TL;DR - Too bad that it's to long, I'm not gonna make a shortened thing just cause your to lazy to read a couple words!

TL;DR - All damage decreased, arrow keys confuse AI.

FTFY

It's less about laziness and more about efficiency and brevity.

On another note, I was wondering if it's possible to dynamically mess with things like tick rate and tick damage of existing damage over time effects (and possibly strength of other effects like ichor defense debuff)? Seems like it could be amusing to have a class designed around application of them.

Last edited:
Forgot one last class when I wrote that...

Duelist Class

The class makes use of multiple weapons with a delay. More specifically, it will use the item below the one you use.

Ex: Use a sword in hotbar 1, 0.5 sec into the animation you use the spear right below in the second row of the inventory.

This ability can also develop in hardmode allowing the item in the third row to also be used (Tripple wield).

This class can be nerfed by reducing the damage of offhand weapons by 50%.
Oof, sounds tough. I'd probably wait for someone to write up a dual wielding mod before trying to do this (a little surprised there isn't one yet, honestly).
I haz idea for class.

You know the phrase "jack of all trades, master of none"? Well how about a unique twist on it "jack of no trades, master of none"?

A class, who gets negatives in all stats, of 10%-5% decreased stats that can be set that way, decreased defense, blah blah blah. You get the point. Maybe a max summon decrease, even.

That probably makes you think "well than, wouldn't that class just be horrible?" The answer to that, is maybe. Could the class be amazing? The answer to that, is maybe.

So what is this class than? What reason should it have to be negatives in stats? I don't know a name for it, but the reason it should have negatives is because it's an interesting idea to have a class with negatives. And the explanation... Starts NOW!

Well, as already explained, this class has horrid stats. So horrid, that they smell! Of horridness! So therefore, there's gotta be something special that this class does, right? Hmm, maybe. Maybe. You see, this class is like any ordinary person in the real world. Most of them, are to weak to survive Terraria. Therefore, they'd have to win it some other way, right? So, instead of being like any normal class, where you could just go and "kill everything with ease", you have to use strategy, maybe make the stats so low that you literally DO need strategy, because 10%-5% means it's not to big a deal. Since this class is gonna rely on strategy instead of power, it's gotta have a strategic ability. You see, now you have control of the arrow keys, always! What type of control do you have with arrow keys? Upon typing a key direction, suddenly all mobs think your in that direction! Press down arrow key, and mobs, including bosses, will think your down, instead of where you actually are! Well, as you can imagine, using this could make many a boss easier. Could. You see, the problem is that, humans don't have three hands! They have to stop attacking, or stop moving to use it. Also, I assume if you do the directions against wall of flesh, it'd do the thing wall of flesh does. Oh well. I mean, you could use your feet, but that's complicated to do. However, the true beauty of the class is that, you could just not use that ability! You could, say, pick that class in expert mod, and voila! Super expert mode achieved, since you have decreased stats in all stats!

TL;DR - Too bad that it's to long, I'm not gonna make a shortened thing just cause your to lazy to read a couple words!
I'd have to spend a very, very long time getting this to work. Don't like the idea enough to try, putting it bluntly.
FTFY

It's less about laziness and more about efficiency and brevity.

On another note, I was wondering if it's possible to dynamically mess with things like tick rate and tick damage of existing damage over time effects (and possibly strength of other effects like ichor defense debuff)? Seems like it could be amusing to have a class designed around application of them.
One of the upcoming classes is debuff based. I've considered having it apply a DoT amplifier with any damage dealt, with its active applying a strong, scaling DoT effect.

I'd have to spend a very, very long time getting this to work. Don't like the idea enough to try, putting it bluntly.
Hmm, ok. The thought started as a class that would have decreased in all stats, so as long as you add a class like that than it's fine. Also, yeah I figured it'd be pretty code heavy.

So I reinstalled the mod and even though the currentlog changes indicate that it's version "V0.3.3.3," the game is still telling me my mod is "V0.3.3.2"... Is that just a numbering issue with the mod or is the download link not updated?

I also was experiencing a bug in which I tried using my angel healing ability on a buddy and he noticed that he was getting healed but he would then lose what health he did recieve followed by regaining it. This cycle just kept going up and down until the spell/cast duration ended. Effectively, he was not getting healed at all yet the active still went on CD.

Last edited:
So I reinstalled the mod and even though the currentlog changes indicate that it's version "V0.3.3.3," the game is still telling me my mod is "V0.3.3.2"... Is that just a numbering issue with the mod or is the download link not updated?

I also was experiencing a bug in which I tried using my angel healing ability on a buddy and he noticed that he was getting healed but he would then lose what health he did recieve followed by regaining it. This cycle just kept going up and down until the spell/cast duration ended. Effectively, he was not getting healed at all yet the active still went on CD.
Apparently, it didn't go through to the mod browser when I thought I'd uploaded it yesterday. The server was pretty busy, so I guess something went wrong (or I'm just being very forgetful). Thanks for letting me know - it's actually updated to v0.3.3.3 now.

Angel healing is not yet synced for multiplayer. I've been looking for the netMessage type for delivering healing info, but it could be that there isn't one and I'm wasting time looking. I can do it with a custom packet.

Can anyone tell me why when I kill a boss that I don't get a level up...I'm up to golem and still level 0. Any help is appreciated

I think N-Terraria mod made use of dual weaponry, but it was about using the weapon in the adjacent slot inmediately after the attack rather than the one below.

Problem is, its a Standalone. While you might get an idea od how to do it, the way to do it in T-Mod loader might be very different. Still, it might give you an idea!

Also:

Android Class

Following the logic of the Glutton class, the Android replaces the Mana bar with a Green Energy Bar. This makes him unable to use magic due to always having zero mana, like actual robots.

His energy is drained in two ways. With his special and slowly with time. He can recharge his energy while on the surface or near lava (solar recharge thermal recharge). If his energy reaches zero, the character stops reponding to movement or attack keys, only allowing the player to use the special.

The special has two effects. The first one massively increases energy consumption for increased ranged damage and defense (turret style) for a limited amount of time. However, if the special is used when at zero energy, the player Self-Destructs dealing massive damage in a very large radius whilst also breaking blocks. Due to being a suicide move, the damage should clearly be stronger than the common crop.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is intentional but the soulbound class skill doesn't work if you have curse immunity.

Oh boy, I just wish that there would be a class that can control time.
Oh the pain of not controlling time will destroy my non-existant soul.
(Just giving you an idea.)

Celestial.gif
I've just discovered a simple GIF recorder. Think I'll be posting these every once in a while.

Anyway, this is a preview of the Celestial class, which will be coming through pretty soon. This class is constantly orbited by stars (starts the game with 1, maxes out at 9) which orbit at a fixed distance. The active is a toggled ability that doubles the orbit distance, doubles their damage, and significantly increases orbit speed, but drains mana while active.

edit:
I'm not sure if this is intentional but the soulbound class skill doesn't work if you have curse immunity.
This is intentional.

I've just discovered a simple GIF recorder. Think I'll be posting these every once in a while.

Anyway, this is a preview of the Celestial class, which will be coming through pretty soon. This class is constantly orbited by stars (starts the game with 1, maxes out at 9) which orbit at a fixed distance. The active is a toggled ability that doubles the orbit distance, doubles their damage, and significantly increases orbit speed, but drains mana while active.

edit:
This is intentional.

Aurelion Sol Basically:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom