Class Ranking

well, for me its kinda the same as before
1. ranged
2.mage
3.summoner
4.melee
ima give reasons later
i have a bias against melee lmao, I just dont enjoy the class, its boring and you can tank multiple hits, kind of removing the challenge. Now melee is the worst class, but I still think that just sitting there and tanking isnt fun (which is wierd since i play the tanks and supports in almost every online game lmao)

yea, and the fact that most weapons are the same thing is even worse, there is like 50 swords that all do the same thing and have no difference at all but appearance, ranged at least gives several unique ammo options to play around wwith and several unique attack styles too

i have a bias against melee lmao, I just dont enjoy the class, its boring and you can tank multiple hits, kind of removing the challenge. Now melee is the worst class, but I still think that just sitting there and tanking isnt fun (which is wierd since i play the tanks and supports in almost every online game lmao)

Melee is rarely tanking, that’s a specific strategy that works on like Plantera and Golem and that’s jt.

Most of the time you’re using weapons that offer you more range than facetanking bosses and dodging the same way as the other four classes, except being closer to the target than usual.

yea, and the fact that most weapons are the same thing is even worse, there is like 50 swords that all do the same thing and have no difference at all but appearance, ranged at least gives several unique ammo options to play around wwith and several unique attack styles too
ranged: shoot ranged weapons
mage: fire magical things
summoner: summon things
melee: magically summon ranged swords

Melee is rarely tanking, that’s a specific strategy that works on like Plantera and Golem and that’s jt.

Most of the time you’re using weapons that offer you more range than facetanking bosses and dodging the same way as the other four classes, except being closer to the target than usual.
thats true, and its also why i think the class is bad, since theres no tradeoff for the low damage(obviously not counting zenith)

thats true, and its also why i think the class is bad, since theres no tradeoff for the low damage(obviously not counting zenith)

I’d argue that Melee is overall the weakest class, but it does have a decent tradeoff for being bad against bosses: being the best class for exploring and invasions. Many Melee weapons are designed for invasions, like Flails or the Death Sickle or the Paladin’s Hammer or the North Pole or you name it. And it’s great for exploring because the weapons are spammable and take no resource management. You also have a lot of survivability, and even if defense doesn’t make that much of a difference you also get damage reduction and life regen later on, and profit more from stacking defensive accessories. Still the weakest class overall, but I don’t think it’s by as big a margin as most people think.

You’ll appreciate Melee’s variety a lot more if you ignore the hundreds of clutter weapons like ore swords. There aren’t weapons quite like the North Pole, Horseman’s Blade, Flairon, Combat Wrench, Shadowflame Knife etc. I could probably name a unique and decently strong melee weapon at each tier.

I’d argue that Melee is overall the weakest class, but it does have a decent tradeoff for being bad against bosses: being the best class for exploring and invasions. Many Melee weapons are designed for invasions, like Flails or the Death Sickle or the Paladin’s Hammer or the North Pole or you name it. And it’s great for exploring because the weapons are spammable and take no resource management. You also have a lot of survivability, and even if defense doesn’t make that much of a difference you also get damage reduction and life regen later on, and profit more from stacking defensive accessories. Still the weakest class overall, but I don’t think it’s by as big a margin as most people think.

You’ll appreciate Melee’s variety a lot more if you ignore the hundreds of clutter weapons like ore swords. There aren’t weapons quite like the North Pole, Horseman’s Blade, Flairon, Combat Wrench, Shadowflame Knife etc. I could probably name a unique and decently strong melee weapon at each tier.
i think that summoner is better for exploring since you can just mine while your summons clear the cave.

i think that summoner is better for exploring since you can just mine while your summons clear the cave.

It depends really. Summoner is great at exploring when you’re doing something that occupies your active slot like building or mining, but when you’re doing things like exploring the dungeon (in both stages of the game), hunting down life fruits or breaking open shadow chests, melee is better.

ranged kinda just deystroys everthing in the cave, idk about mage tho...
i think mage is in the middle ground, you have good options but also get murdered after 2 hits, I'd also like to say that the two stages where your activley working for ores is early prehm and early hardmode, one is where mage is weak and the other is where its strong

Back
Top Bottom