Weapons & Equip Cleansing Filters - Solution to collateral Clentamination

I just got back to the thread and I must say I think I've overseen something.

Your concept of 'Filter' in this thread appears to be faulty.
View attachment 87062
So, this image shows a light filter. The bulb (clentaminator) is making all sorts of colors go towards it, but the filter only lets its corresponding color through.
If you replace the colors with biome solutions, you will see how your filter would work in this case. In your thread however, it appears to be vice versa:

One's initial thought of a logical resolving would be to have a filter only let the clentaminator spray certain solutions, seeing the filter appears as if it would fit onto the clentaminator's output. This would of course be useless as you can choose what solution you're spraying and each solution only stands for one biome.

So, to solve it, go one step further:
green-filter-png.128328
Green allows you to clentaminate only purity into another biome.
blue-filter-png.128325
Blue allows you to clentaminate only Hallow into another biome.

View attachment 87063 To have that work, we have to assume a new theory: Each clentaminating molecule contains multiple atoms, one to replace every type of biome. The filter applied at the end of a clentaminator will only let its corresponding molecule through. Wouldn't fewer molecules be less effective? No, as the other atoms wouldn't affect the terrain normally, either.

So, if you spray green solution at both corruption and a mushroom biome at once and you have a purple filter equipped, you will only purify the corruption and the mushroom biome will stay intact.
This isn't necessary. You can just get around this by saying that inside the blue filter there is actually a green/dark blue/red/purple filter though it wouldn't make sense since the sprite shows a blue filter.
You only need to apply this if you want things to be completely logical. Right now I just stumbled upon the fact it was vice-versa.
oh god the science

Back
Top Bottom