Weapons & Equip Cleansing Filters - Solution to collateral Clentamination

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
red-filter-png.128332
Let's get right to it. What do Cleansing filters do? In essence, they are Accessories which prevent a certain type of biome from being changed by the Clentaminator when worn. If you have a Dark Blue Cleansing Filter equipped in your accessory slot, the Clentaminator will not be able to alter the Mushroom biome. Simple, right?

How would this be useful? If you want to turn a certain biome into a certain other biome without causing collateral damage, you could do that easily. If you're purifying the world, but always find yourself turning Mushroom biomes into tiny Jungles, you don't have to go back and spray it down with Dark Blue Solution to convert it back.

Each color protects its respective biome.
<F for the fallen images from TO>

Green protects the purity.
Blue protects the Hallow.
dark-blue-filter-png.128326
Dark Blue protects Mushroom biomes.
Purple protects the Corruption.
red-filter-png.128332
Red protects the Crimson.

They are sold by the Steampunker for ~15 gold apiece when in the appropriate biome, except for Crimson and Corruption, which are sold during Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses.

That's it. Feedback is appreciated. If you ever wished you had something like this, let me know!

Last edited:
I can't tell you how many times I'm doing some purification and I accidentally cut a chunk out of my surface mushroom biome.
Come to think of it, about two.

Nonetheless, I support this. Filtering out the Hallow during purification would probably end up less bothersome when it takes the Crimson's place.

They could at least give you some defense, or reduce the damage taken from their corresponding enemy.

They could at least give you some defense, or reduce the damage taken from their corresponding enemy.
I disagree completely. This is not an accessory you have equipped all the time, only when clentaminating. The paint sprayer or mechanical ruler for instance does not grant any more adventages other than what it's made for and what you pay for. It's fine as it is.

Nice suggestion @SzGamer227 , support.

YES! CLEANSING THE UNDERGROUND TURNS EVERY MUSHROOM BIOME INTO A RANDOM JUNGLE!

Support.

Last edited:
I disagree completely. This is not an accessory you have equipped all the time, only when clentaminating. The paint sprayer or mechanical ruler for instance does not grant any more adventages other than what it's made for and what you pay for. It's fine as it is.

Nice suggestion @SzGamer227 , support.

*sigh* Fair point. I suppose it would be fine, then.

I just got back to the thread and I must say I think I've overseen something.

Your concept of 'Filter' in this thread appears to be faulty.
upload_2015-12-4_14-37-11.png

So, this image shows a light filter. The bulb (clentaminator) is making all sorts of colors go towards it, but the filter only lets its corresponding color through.
If you replace the colors with biome solutions, you will see how your filter would work in this case. In your thread however, it appears to be vice versa:
green-filter-png.128328
Green protects the purity.
blue-filter-png.128325
Blue protects the Hallow.
One's initial thought of a logical resolving would be to have a filter only let the clentaminator spray certain solutions, seeing the filter appears as if it would fit onto the clentaminator's output. This would of course be useless as you can choose what solution you're spraying and each solution only stands for one biome.

So, to solve it, go one step further:
green-filter-png.128328
Green allows you to clentaminate only purity into another biome.
blue-filter-png.128325
Blue allows you to clentaminate only Hallow into another biome.

upload_2015-12-4_15-9-25.png
To have that work, we have to assume a new theory: Each clentaminating molecule contains multiple atoms, one to replace every type of biome. The filter applied at the end of a clentaminator will only let its corresponding molecule through. Wouldn't fewer molecules be less effective? No, as the other atoms wouldn't affect the terrain normally, either.

So, if you spray green solution at both corruption and a mushroom biome at once and you have a purple filter equipped, you will only purify the corruption and the mushroom biome will stay intact.
This isn't necessary. You can just get around this by saying that inside the blue filter there is actually a green/dark blue/red/purple filter though it wouldn't make sense since the sprite shows a blue filter.
You only need to apply this if you want things to be completely logical. Right now I just stumbled upon the fact it was vice-versa.

Last edited:
Well, my good sir, you are looking at the mechanism of the Clentaminator all wrong. :naughty:

First you must understand how the Clentaminator's transformative abilities work. Solutions are comprised of a variety of compounds, each of which is designed to chemically imbue itself into a certain environment and then magically transmute the composition and magical aura of the target environment. "Red" chemicals enchanted with a "Green" aura, for example, will attack Crimson environment and transform it into Purity, but will phase through other types of environment that it is not compatible with. Solutions are comprised of a variety of different chemical imbuers that share a transformative aura, hence a Purple Solution is comprised of Red, Blue, and Green chemicals that share a Purple aura.

Now, what the filters do is neutralize or block the chemical color of one of these compounds, causing a specific reaction that change the chemical properties of the chemical and thus making them incompatible with their target biome. A Blue Filter, for example, will block the effects of the Blue chemicals in any fired Solution, meaning that while other compounds will be unaffected, the element that is designed to embed itself into the Hallowed biome no longer has the capacity to do so and leaves any sprayed Hallow entirely unaffected.

Chemical compounds: (Imbues environment with the aura associated the chemical)
Green Compound - Imbues natural plant matter and substances with no protective aura.
Purple Compound - Imbues corrupted plant matter and minerals, and is ignored by dark protective auras.
Red Compound - Imbues chlorophyllic blood and mineral membrane, and is ignored by dark protective auras.
Blue Compound - Imbues crystalline minerals and pearly structures, and is catalyzed by light auras.
Dark Blue Compound - Specifically imbues chemicals involved in fungal bioluminescence.

Transformative auras: (Transmutes the physical and magical properties of imbued environments)
Green Aura - Scourges all magical auras and restores to natural form.
Purple Aura - Corrupts and taints with a dark magical aura.
Red Aura - Bloodies and taints with a dark magical aura.
Blue Aura - Augments and cleanses with a light magical aura.
Dark Blue Aura - Mysterious fungal aura that only the Truffle seems to understand.

Anyways, thank you for bringing this up. It was rather fun working all of this out! :p

Back
Top Bottom