Items Coconuts

Am I nuts?

• Yes. But your suggestions are good.

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • No, you're not! I love your suggestions.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Totally.

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
...some worlds, especially small worlds, don't generate palm trees.
Hmm... well, considering the way coconut trees naturally propagate, how would you feel about having them drift in from the ocean on occasion? Or obtained through fishing?

If we're to have the Dryad sell them, we should probably restrict this based on her location. How about only in regions in which Pirate Maps drop?

Hmm... well, considering the way coconut trees naturally propagate, how would you feel about having them drift in from the ocean on occasion? Or obtained through fishing?

If we're to have the Dryad sell them, we should probably restrict this based on her location. How about only in regions in which Pirate Maps drop?
I like the obtaining through fishing idea, that's a great alternative way to obtain coconuts. It's better than my idea.

How about coconuts have a 1:5 chance of being caught (same chance of catching tuna) when fishing in the ocean only? It would be as if some coconuts managed to find their way into the ocean and you reel them in while fishing.

I like the Giant Coconut idea, since more people die from falling coconuts than they do by sharks.
Also this picture is relevant.
eTBIFa5.png

Normal coconuts should be placeable and fall like sand, but drop items when they hit you (and deal damage)

What if you could make bombs out of coconuts? 1 coconut+1 grenade= explosive coconut, can be shot out of a cannon, thrown, etc.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Great suggestion...again :p

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
There they are all standing in a row
Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head
Give them a twist a flick of the wrist
That's what the showman said
Every ball you throw will make me rich
There stands my wife, the idol of me life
Singing roll a bowl a ball a penny a pitch
Roll a bowl a ball a penny a pitch
Roll a bowl a ball, roll a bowl a ball
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts (they're lovely)
There they are all standing in a row (one, two, three, four)
Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head (and bigger)
Give them a twist a flick of the wrist
That's what the showman said
Every ball you throw will make me rich
There stands my wife, the idol of me life
Singing roll a bowl a ball a penny a pitch (all together now)
Roll a bowl a ball a penny a pitch (harmony)
Roll a bowl a ball, roll a bowl a ball

No bottled coconut milk? I'd think it would cure poison and restore a little (10-20 points of) health possibly.

Bottled_Coconut_Milk.png

^ Not really hard to make but if I can contribute to your awesome idea I'll try my best. Let me know if the color of the "milk" needs to be more visible or if you even care for something like this..

In any case totally support coconuts. I'd hope that when you go to cut down a tree, coconuts have physics so when they fall and hit the player the inflict the confused debuff. xD

Before I posted this, I had an idea of a "Scumbag Tree" summoner weapon that summons a scumbag palm tree that drops coconuts on enemies. That could fly as an alternative.

What's up with the....., ooo, Coconut Bra......,eh,
anyway, this another great suggestion, (especially the Coconut ***..eh)

Before I posted this, I had an idea of a "Scumbag Tree" summoner weapon that summons a scumbag palm tree that drops coconuts on enemies. That could fly as an alternative.

Perphaps it could be like the Frost Hydra summon, stationary, but can fire, :)

In this game, you plant Acorns in sand to grow Palm Trees. That isn't how it works, guys. Dr. Baconfry has to prescribe a cure.

View attachment 11433
Coconut
Can be placed (in Sand, growing Palm Trees).
Dropped by cutting down Palm Trees.

The lovely thing about Coconuts is that they have so much more potential than Acorns as crafting ingredients. For example:

View attachment 11432
Shredded Coconut
Crafted with 1 Coconut, and provides Well Fed for 4 minutes.

View attachment 11434
Giant Coconut
Crafted with 10 Coconuts @ Tinkerer's Workshop, and is a functional upgrade to the Boulder.

View attachment 11435
Coconut Bikini
Crafted with 2 Coconuts.
Equipable.
I refuse to sprite Miku wearing these. Flat-out refuse. If someone else wants to do it, that's up to them. I ain't doing it. She's probably the wrong size for them, anyways; try Luka.

So how did I do? Good? Or am I nuts?
sir, you are an enlightened one and a scholar. now i demand coconut bra. and a skirt made of banana leaves. Hula is the way

This is a cool suggestion, I want to have a base defended with giant coconuts.
Also if you were to make a turret minion that drops coconuts on enemies I will both support it and laugh at it.

Any chance of a coconut crab making an appearance? Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom