Complete Flying Dutchman Overhaul - Ghosts, loot, a proper battle, and more!

Discussion in 'NPCs & Enemies' started by SzGamer227, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Nitramster

Nitramster Skeletron

Well this is amazing. The one problem is that it renders one of my own suggestions redundant and obsolete. :merchantsigh:

2. wCrane

wCrane Spazmatism

I like this. It would really make this more interesting, and would add some nice loot to the game.

Support. :)

3. Awordley

Awordley Spazmatism

Definitely one of the best post 1.3 suggestions I've seen so far.
    I've always felt that the Flying Dutchman needed to be more like a "boss", since in its current state, it is missing a lot. This is a great way to improve it!
    The new loot and enemies are also brilliant, and I would love to see those in-game.
    [​IMG]

SzGamer227 likes this.
  4. HydraVenomX2

HydraVenomX2 Official Terrarian

Cool idea

5. plantszaza

plantszaza Plantera

Aww Flying Dutchman is terrify now D:

SzGamer227 likes this.
  6. SpectreFKD

SpectreFKD Headless Horseman

This looks really interesting! I have to say, that whilst the current ship is cool and all, it does need a serious buff (especially considering how strong the Goblin summoner can be if you fight them immediately in Hardmode / Martian Saucer right after Golem)

7. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This looks very cool overall. Certainly makes the Flying Dutchman more intimidating and worthy of being a great Miniboss. The new Weapons are great for giving the player a motive to fight the Dutchman.

I have a question about the Pirate Loot Crate. I'm guessing that it is fished up like other Crates and locked to Post-Plantera, but is there a specific area it needs to be fished, or can it be fished in any height/biome? I didn't see where this Crate could be obtained in this suggestion.

8. plantszaza

plantszaza Plantera

Or it might be a drop from Flying Dutchman.

9. Nobody Important

Nobody Important Terrarian

The miniboss is now locked behind post plantera. The crate is dropped by the Flying Dutchman. See the triple ninja post for the quote.

10. movildima

movildima Skeletron Prime

Hey, this is amazing! As if the pirate invasion wasn't difficult enough... but I like it!
    [​IMG]

11. Nobody Important

Nobody Important Terrarian

Well the Dutchman is now locked behind plantera so it'll be a little more survivable than if it was dropped into the normal pirate invasion.

12. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Golem

Really? :p Thanks!

13. Lowdown

Lowdown Terrarian

VERY GOOD, I REALLY NEED THIS IN TERRARIA. SUPPORT ALL THE WAY! The only thing is, with the minesweeper, the flail head shouldn't come off, but it should release a separate mine that explodes.

14. Beezwax&Nectar

Beezwax&Nectar Spazmatism

Honestly, there aren't enough true flail type weapons anymore. I kinda feel like I'm the only one who uses them...

KaizoVorna likes this.
  15. Shadewood

Shadewood Terrarian

This is great

16. 3LAMESTUDIO

3LAMESTUDIO Pixel Pirate

I have to say, one part of the description for the pirate crate:

"'Contains rare pirate booty "

Does that mean we can have a vanity booty accessory?!?

17. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Golem

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No

18. Pandemonium135

Pandemonium135 Terrarian

What can I say, this is amazing. You should talk to DiverManSam into adding it. If all your suggestions made it into the game we would have a better game by now. But hey seems the community codes and sprites faster than the devs.

SzGamer227 likes this.
  19. ArmegeddonCraft

ArmegeddonCraft Skeletron Prime

that's because they don't have nearly as much to work on. go look up how many different sprites there are in terraria.

SzGamer227 likes this.
  20. Shadewood

Shadewood Terrarian

Most of them are reskins of eachother though. Then again it makes sense that developers create content slower than fans at this point, what incentive do they really have to add more to the game? I wouldn't expect anything major at this point.